Fallen off the weight watchers wagon

Bethany246

Banned
Hi
I have fallen of the weight watchers wagon and cant seem to get back on it it may work for some people and other people it wont so im not sure what im going to do . I might just give it a break for a while .To say ive got alot to lose I cant seem to get losing weight. I think you have to be strict with yourself to lose weight which is really not the way

:sigh:

Eventually Bethany you will find the right one for you, but as Marie has said I have to agree with, that I also think you have struggled with ww from the start. You really do have to bear with it and it does work but if you slip off as Me and Marie have found on a number of occasions you really have to work hard to get it back.

Why not try the core as you can eat as much 0 point food on that as you like.

Eventually you will find a diet that suits you so dont give up looking.

I think you have to be strict with yourself to lose weight which is really not the way

:sigh:

I think youve got that totally wrong there Bethany to be successful you have to be strict and keep to the diet, any diet. Its the ONLY way.

If you look around Minimins, on any forum, the only people successful are the ones who are being strict and sticking to a diet be it WW, SW, CD or LL or anything else.

If you dont stick to a diet, the weight will never come off.

If youd stuck to WW since you joined Minimins you could have easily lost a couple of stones by now

I think we all have to decide whats more important to us. Being successful on our diets and sticking to them or just giving up and accepting we're just going to stay over weight.

Believe me, no food in the world makes me feel as good as I do on a Monday when I see those scales go down a few numbers :)

Starlight completley agree, there is no way anyone would lose weight if they didn't sgtick to the diet! You are proof and inspiration that sticking to it works... i;m only on week 6 and had 0.5 gain in all these weeks and this was due to being ill and medication but my counsellor explained that!

I just loving getting on those sclaes and they have gone down each week!

Bethany think you need to decide how badly you want to lose weight and sticking to it 100% will get the results you want

Hi
I agree with you all its just settling yourself down and sticking to the plan I know the results will come but just need little patience and perseverence going to have a think about what to do like some of you say that maybe ww isnot for me .If it is not then I will look for something else and see if i can do better

Im really not sure where you go from here Bethany if WW isnt for you. I cant imagine CD or LL would work and youve tried WW, Unit Diet, SW and others which have all failed.

I think the first thing you need to do is sit down and think exactly how much do you really want to lose the weight. You have to decide how much 'inconvenience' and 'sacrifice' youre prepared to make.

Im the first to admit, until I really got into WW I found writing it all down and weighing things tiresome. Now, I dont even give it a 2nd thought.

If you stick to WW or any other diet, its maybe going to be say a year out of your life to get to a healthy weight, youve already wasted more than that jumping from diet to diet. If you really put your mind to it NOW and stuck to something, by next summer you could be at a great weight and no longer on a diet.

One period of work in your life to be truly happy and healthy - now isnt that worth trying and isnt that idea better than any kind of food.

Bethany, I have an idea - why don't you become a JUDDDER? If restriction and feeling deprived is what is getting you down but you can be firm with yourself for a day at a time then you should consider it. Have a look at the Johnson Up Day Down day diet thread, it is a fascinating approach to weight loss and speaking as one of the original guinea pigs, who has been struggling for years with conventaional diets, it is a breath of fresh air!

Hi Starlight
I do really want to lose weight I know you have to make some sacfifices with all diets. Yes you are used to ww now the time you have been doing it weighing things out and writing things down, I know it will take a year to get where you want to be . It has not taken you a year yet youve lost 4 stone or just a bit over in 4 months so whats stopping me losing 4 stones in 4 months like you did . Yes I am going to make my mind up once and for all . Well I think we all try different diets its not just me. Yes I do want to be a healthy weight for once and for all but it does not happen over night .

It has not taken you a year yet youve lost 4 stone or just a bit over in 4 months so whats stopping me losing 4 stones in 4 months like you did . Yes I am going to make my mind up once and for all . Well I think we all try different diets its not just me. Yes I do want to be a healthy weight for once and for all but it does not happen over night .

The thing thats stopping you doing it in 4 months is YOU! You wont lose anything like that in 4 months if youre only on the diet a couple of days a week, you dont count your points or you guess them.

It doesnt happen overnight youre right but it wont ever happen until you decide you DO want to lose it and you ARE going to stick to a diet 100%.

Id say setting yourself a target for maybe next summer to be at your goal weight is totally do able. If you stick to a diet then maybe your weight loss will be quicker, but unless youre doing a VLCD you can only expect to lose around 2lbs a week.

I know other people try different diets but they usually give them a good shot before writing them off you need to pick a diet and really stick to it for a few months. Youd only been doing WW 2 or 3 weeks when you said you were bored of counting points, werent eating them all and were guessing at portion sizes. Thats not going to work.

There are hundreds of diets out there but nothing will work if a person isnt commited to it.

If you gave WW a real go youd be surprised at how easy it is.

As you say yourself its not going to happen overnight, its a long hard slog whatever you do but only you can do it.

Give something a fair go, really really stick at it for maybe 2 or 3 months and see how you get on. If not WW then something else, though what else there is for you to try Im not sure.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

You CAN do it but you have to decide you want it :)

Believe me, if I can do it - ANYONE CAN ;)

Hi Starlight
Anybody can lose weight in a few months if they stick to the diet they choose going to have a long think about what to do and give it a good go as i want this weight of like anyone else does

Which is exactly what we've all been saying.

Bethany just set yourself a realistic target DONT go into this planning to lose 4 stone in 4 months as youre probably going to be disapointed. Set a realistic target, maybe half a stone a month, then IF you get anything over that - its a bonus :)

No Bethany I didnt plan to lose it so quickly, never in my wildest dreams did I expect it. I am however losing more than the average for WW and thats the exception rather than the rule. In the monthly challenge I usually aim for around 8/9lbs a month, that way anything above it is a bonus.

WW clearly state you can expect to lose 2lbs a week, to go into the diet expecting more is unrealistic. I have no idea how Im managing to consistently lose so much but I DO stick to it 100%.

If you aim for 7/8lbs a month thats perfectly achievable, anything more is a bonus.

No 2 people lose weight at the same rate, if you start this expecting to lose the same as me, its probably not going to happen, then instead of being happy with a steady 2lbs a week youll be disapointed and get disheartened which really isnt good for anyone :)

For 2lbs to be the average some people will lose slightly more some will lose slightly less.

Im not losing it a hugely excessive rate, Im following the WW plan, sticking to it is a healthy way to do it. Its because I have so much to lose that its coming off so quickly I suspect. Im sure once Ive lost a lot itll balance out.

I assure you the weight Ive lost - is staying off!!!!

Starlight
They say the average of weight to lose is 2lbs a week and if you are losing more than ww say that is not the way to do it as goes back on quickly.

Yes the average weight loss for the average person is 1-2lbs a week... However, the more weight you have to lose the quicker it comes off, just as if you only have 7lbs to lose it's usually between 0.5lbs - 2lbs a week, even staying the same some weeks.

I really don't think that it is fair to imply that Starlight is going to put it all back on, or that she's not doing it right! She's sticking to it 100%, and if you had stuck to it you would be having the same results.

I really think that this post of yours is unfair Bethany and I know if it had been aimed at me I wouldn't be taking it well. In fact I hope no one who is doing LL, CD or Lipotrim read this as I'm sure they won't want to hear that all the weight is going to go back on simply because of the rate they are losing it at.

Back