Falling off the wagon - in for a binge!

Lilleece79

I got suspended from work today :cry:

A customer complained about me partly because I didn't phone them when their car was ready for collection (she said only to call if there was a problem) and the boss has gone and suspended me!

So, I've had 2 x aplen lights, bag of hula hoops from a muti-pack, some cheap chocolate from a xmas santa that was in the cupboard and 2 x digestive biscuits smothered in Nutella.

And I don't feel that's the end! I've had a bad weekend and now I'm having a bad start to the week and WI is Wed. I'm really p*ssed off..........I JUST WANT CHOCOLATE!!!!!! :(

THink I will have a big plate of homepride pasta bake for tea, or a chippy or a CHINESE! :break_diet:

I got suspended from work today :cry:

A customer complained about me partly because I didn't phone them when their car was ready for collection (she said only to call if there was a problem) and the boss has gone and suspended me!

So, I've had 2 x aplen lights, bag of hula hoops from a muti-pack, some cheap chocolate from a xmas santa that was in the cupboard and 2 x digestive biscuits smothered in Nutella.

And I don't feel that's the end! I've had a bad weekend and now I'm having a bad start to the week and WI is Wed. I'm really p*ssed off..........I JUST WANT CHOCOLATE!!!!!! :(

THink I will have a big plate of homepride pasta bake for tea, or a chippy or a CHINESE! :break_diet:

:( How can he do that?! :confused:
What an unreasonable bugger, and why the hell didn't the customer say that there was a misunderstanding. Suspension is ridiculous, complete over reaction. Very very cross on your behalf!

I'm not surprised you're craving the chocolate but don't let those ******* sabotage your weight loss. What about a wee Options Hot choc? Something sweet but not too disastrous syn wise to ease the pain xxx

Oh blesss you! I had a complete binge week last week and put 2 pound on! I'm back on track today though! Just try and chill tonight and be good tomorrow! Try and not beat urself up though!

I've known for a long time the boss doesn't like me. He is inconsistent with his actions; he's done it now I have to wait for the outcome. Rest assured if he fires me i WILL be taking action.

I'm wallowing a little at the moment. I need to pick myself up I'm hungry and in no mood for cooking!

I've known for a long time the boss doesn't like me. He is inconsistent with his actions; he's done it now I have to wait for the outcome. Rest assured if he fires me i WILL be taking action.

I'm wallowing a little at the moment. I need to pick myself up I'm hungry and in no mood for cooking!

It's awful when someone has it in for you at work. So stressful ((hugs))
Get a big pot of free soup on the go! xx

very unreasonable boss you have there. have to come out in sympathy with binge time sometimes it just needs to be done. just dont fall off the waggon too much xxx

:eek:knob!! My boss is like that a knob too!!

Hugs hope you feel better, your worth better than him dont worry if you gain, just get back on it tomorrow :) x

Just to cheer you up, I thought Melon said 'my boss has a knob like that!!!!!!!

I did a double take LOL

Really hope it gets sorted soon for you. I am sure he will realise that he has been unreasonable and that you have every right to take action if he were to sack you.

I was in a similar situation a few years back and my boss really groveled as she knew she was in the wrong! Luckily I had just secured another job and knew I was about to hand my notice in anyway :)

On the diet front, diets and stress/worry do not go well together. If you can stick to plan that would be a FAB achievement but if not completely understandable! Good luck x

Just to cheer you up, I thought Melon said 'my boss has a knob like that!!!!!!!

I did a double take LOL

Margery Dawe, you just made me spit tea out laughing!!! Not a pretty sight I tell you!

Sorry you've had a s**t day lilleece, sounds like a complete over-reaction by a very unreasonable man. Can you complain to a higher power? Make sure you make copious notes today (and of any previous misdemeanors) for when you take him to the cleaners!!

WTF what a total overreaction from your boss... Any business that deals with customers will also have complaints, it's part and parcel, but they should never involve suspending the member of staff unless there is a suspected case of major or gross negligence or misconduct - and failing to return a phonecall is clearly neither of these. What a tw@t!

I'm pretty sure they will give you a call in a couple of days and tell you it's all sorted and come back to work, but I would start looking for another job if I were you, because I wouldn't want to work for someone like that.

Just be aware (and I'm no HR guru and have no experience of this) but I would daresay the fact that you were suspended would 'remain on file' so you might want to refrain from using them as a reference.

Just eat whatever you want today, and then when you've finished, draw a line under this horrible day and start afresh tomorrow. You've done great losing half a stone so far, and you'll lose loads more. Tomorrow's a new day :D

Good luck!!

Thank you so much everyone. I have spoken with other members of staff who also agree it's a complete over reaction and non-consistent. The sales manager had a complaint written about him a couple months ago by a long standing customer (she's a right pain but really nice once you get to know her) and he wasn't suspended pending investigation.

The guy spoke to my line manager yesterday and told him "he didn't care if I took him to a tribunal" and even said he hadn't consulted his legal authority - becasue he didn't care! HELLLLLO, this is personal you don't put your position AND the company under risk like that unless you have some sort of weird vendetta. Is shouldpoint out my line manager is also my OH! Yes, a little strange (I have been looking for another job but this one pays really well) we've worked together 3 years been together 1.5 years. The boss has a real problem with it but tough s**t. He was bonking his secretary a few years back!

Sounds like a fun place to work huh! hahahah I'm trying to feel a bit more chipper today. My OH took me out last night for some sticky chicken and chips followed by a white cocolate cheesecake! We talked through the situation and between us we hope to really make him feel like he's messed with the wrong women!!

Back on plan today, gonna skip WI tomorrow as I'm expecting a gain and to be honest seeing it will just put me on the wrong road. I will try and be 100% for the next week and hopefully WI 7lb lighter next week...........wishful thinking??

Anyway, I'm hoping dismissal isn't on the cards as we are so skint right now and need the money; otherwise I'd have told him yesterday where he could stick his job!!

Fingers crossed for me peeps I need all the help I can get!

He shouldn't be speaking to other members of staff about a HR disciplinary issue in the first place - evne your line manager! and in the second place, he has to follow an established procedure for things like this. i.e. Informal warning, formal warning, then suspension and finally Gross Misconduct proceedings. He can't bypass the first 2 steps just because he feels like it. Take him to the cleaners hun!

Can't be arsed making any! You wanna pop round with some...........hahahahahaha!

When you can not be bothered to cook just open a tin of tomatoes, a tin of baked beans . Mix them together. Add crushed chili flakes, cumin and a teaspoonful of mint sauce , for a delicious instant, free soup.

Glad to see you so cheerful today.

I think your boss sounds a real no-hoper and someone who has a real problem. Could he be jealous of your relationship with OH ??

Good luck with staying on track this week, I know I could do with being a bit better than I have been lately and it is all down to stress...................

Back