Family friendly food ideas

couteaux

Silver Member
Hi,

Following on from the recipe photo thread where we've been talking about not cooking separate meals for the family - it would be great to get some suggestions for family meals!

I have 2 children, my daughter loves everything I make (phew!) but my son (3) is going through a phase of being very picky. So, any ideas for SW meals that a picky little chap might like? ;)

He loves spaghetti bolognaise, pasta, eggs but has gone from loving veg to saying 'Eurgh!' whenever presented with some :( Really hope it is just a short phase - he does love his fruit so def getting vitamins and I add oodles of extra veg to the bolognaise but could do with a few more meals he'll enjoy really.

Thanks!! :D

My family only eat my red day food, but they have potatoes with it. Have you tried soups, liquidised? He won't realise it's veg if the lumps are gone! My favourite is leek and potato. How about shepherds pie with mashed swede and carrot on top instead of spuds. It's normally the lumps kids don't like, so you could make a veg and tomato pasta sauce and liquidise it, then add quorn meatballs and pasta.

Back