Family friendly sw dinners

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by jodierobin, 10 July 2014.

1. jodierobin

jodierobin Member

Hi all

I'm after some new ideas of things I can cook for all the family as getting bored of the same old things, these are the things I usually cook slimming world style:
    Spag Bol
    Fish and chips
    Shepherds pie
    Jacket spuds
    Chicken and veg in a so juicy bag
    Roast dinner
    Chicken wrapped in bacon
    Shepherds pie
    Pasta bake
    Thai curry

What are you SW family favourites?
  2. WannabeThinna

WannabeThinna Well-Known Member

That list is just about the same as mine. Actually now that I think about it, your list is longer than mine so thanks for some ideas! :) The only thing on my list that I don't see there is a brunchy thing, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, potato wedges, beans.
  3. NotsofattyPatty

NotsofattyPatty Well-Known Member

That list is fairly similar to mine but I ring the changes a bit to make the same things a bit diffently eg shepherd pie is somethimes topped with a swede/carrot mash rather than potato (Aunt Bessie make that easy to do!), or I might use a lentil/tomatoey mix rather than mince; bolognese with pasta shapes as a bake; chilli with mixed beans instead of mince - I'm sure you get the picture.

Have you explored the recipe section on here for ideas? Things like 'mac in a bowl' and 'mushy pea' curry are popular with people on Minis and I think you'll find them in the recipe section.
  4. Vickyt89

Vickyt89 Well-Known Member

What about burger and chips the slimming world way with lots of salad. Or bread crumbed chicken with baked beans and mash.. I use my hxb of bread to coat chicken pieces or fish to make a treat, just season your breadcrumbs, dip your meat in a beating egg and than in your crumbs, spray with fry-light and into the oven. So good and so easy
  5. jodierobin

jodierobin Member

Great ideas thank you all