FAO Everyone who's posted saying they've cheated recently

howdy-doody

Eloquent hooligan
I'm not gonna reply individually....

Please don't feel guilty, please don't say sorry.... you are doing this for YOU and no-one else... it's YOU you are letting down, no-one else...

Now that said here's a line drawn under the situation:

Onwards & Upwards :D

Positive Steps

Why are you doing this programme ?
Write your reasons down.
Pin it to the fridge.

Why are you eating ?

Hunger ? Rubbish. Hunger is an mind trick, you are getting from your packs exactly what you need for your body to function healthily. Don't give in to your mind, glug the water & feel the pangs dissipate.

Boredom / habit ? LT gives you a lot more free time that you would normally spend cooking / shopping. Sometimes that freetime allows you to ponder on food, DON'T ! Take up new hobbies or do those tasks you've always been putting off.

This is a TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT PROGRAMME, it simply does not work if you cheat or nibble & you are chucking your money away.

Watch the video in my sig below... it explains the impact of this programme on your body & why cheating ruins your efforts.

Re-watch it everytime you feel like caving in - it re-inspires you.

Give yourself mini-goals & mini-rewards, no-one can accomplish this except day by day... even when you look in the mirror & feel despondant... you can & will change dramatically on this programme, give it time to work.

The time you spend away from food also enables you to re-assess why you are eating & what you are eating, it also sets your tastebuds expectations back to zero so when you eventually refeed you can retrain them >

This programme is hardcore & not for everyone BUT anyone CAN do this... all it takes is focus & drive.

Sorry for droning on but this is important if you want to get the best out of your time on this programme.

If you stick to the letter of the programme you simply cannot fail.

Good luck & may the force be with you. Always. :D

Great thread:D

I'm on CD but the sentiment is the same - very well said and I totally agree with you:)

excellent post!

Hey what an excellent post - I can confirm how all this and some extra bits has helped me to achieve my success so far...

Please don't feel guilty, please don't say sorry.... you are doing this for YOU and no-one else... it's YOU you are letting down, no-one else...

guilt is a very negative emotion and howdy is right - u need to forget about it and move on with a positive mindset...

Onwards & Upwards :D

Positive Steps

Write your reasons down.
Pin it to the fridge.

I actually bought 2 stone of tescos lard and put it in my fridge. I live alone so this was possible. I had 28 pounds of fat on the bottom shelf, every week I put my weight loss goal on the middle shelf (say 4 pounds of fat) and then after weigh in - if I lost 4 pounds I would move the 4 pounds of fat to the top shelf. I now have 28 pounds of fat on my top shelf! I actually need to go and buy more fat!

Its amazing when i open my fridge and see how much fat has dissolved from my body. If you live alone I would recommend this is a good thing to do... really helps you to actually SEE what you have achieved.

Why are you eating ?

Hunger ? Rubbish. Hunger is an mind trick, you are getting from your packs exactly what you need for your body to function healthily. Don't give in to your mind, glug the water & feel the pangs dissipate.

Boredom / habit ? LT gives you a lot more free time that you would normally spend cooking / shopping. Sometimes that freetime allows you to ponder on food, DON'T ! Take up new hobbies or do those tasks you've always been putting off.

I have got a lot of work done around my house and garden and also read alot of books and signed up for 2 courses! I have so much more free time now with no cooking and cleaning up after - its great - but watching TV is a no no - when i relax I come on here - all the rest of the time I am busy busy busy!!!! :)

This is a TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT PROGRAMME, it simply does not work if you cheat or nibble & you are chucking your money away.

Watch the video in my sig below... it explains the impact of this programme on your body & why cheating ruins your efforts.

Give yourself mini-goals & mini-rewards, no-one can accomplish this except day by day... even when you look in the mirror & feel despondant... you can & will change dramatically on this programme, give it time to work.

I am so focused on my mini goals - as you can see from my signature I have written them all down and I know them all off by heart. Next week I aim to get to my healthy BMI! I also think it is soooo important to celebrate your success - mini treats like howdy says will keep you focused. Most of my treats have all been to help me along my way - like wii fit, slendertone, facials, nails... all to help me look and feel better! :)

The time you spend away from food also enables you to re-assess why you are eating & what you are eating, it also sets your tastebuds expectations back to zero so when you eventually refeed you can retrain them >

For me the big reason why I put on my weight was from comfort eating. I stopped smoking before I started LT - and I have had quite a few stressful events in the last couple of weeks especially. I am so pleased that I have learnt to cope with life without reaching for food to deal with emotions. I even think I am affected less now by silly things that before would have had been phoning a chinese! lol If this is the only thing that I change about myself from my journey on LT I know that my weight will never get out of control again.

This programme is hardcore & not for everyone BUT anyone CAN do this... all it takes is focus & drive.

Sorry for droning on but this is important if you want to get the best out of your time on this programme.

On other diets I would have started them with such conviction but I never really deep down believed I would be 8 stone again. With LT I believe it 100% - thats the great thing about this diet - it works 100% if you do what it says on the tin (or in this case plastic bag). Do it - enjoy it - and loose weight - and hit the goal you always thought before was impossible!

By the power of grayskull - i mean ketones - you will loose weight!

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont like to mention it but your sounding a little self righteous there mate :) what happened to your sticking to it on week 3?? lol

Well said HD
And Julz...loving the heeman...shera would have been great tho ...a bit of girl power!!!
shera.jpg

i dont like to mention it but your sounding a little self righteous there mate :) what happened to your sticking to it on week 3?? lol

haha fair point about week 3 ;) I learnt my lesson & moved on (& was never about hunger anyway). The weekly losses thereafter speak for themselves I think.

I hope it doesn't come across as self-righteous, I certainly never intended for it to be, I'm trying to help & get across that you can only get out what you put into this programme. It's 100% dedication or nowt.

Good honest post including your second one, and dare I say it you were actually sensible/normal......Good effort fella nice drills!

Well said HD
And Julz...loving the heeman...shera would have been great tho ...a bit of girl power!!!
shera.jpg

Oh i love she-ra - I even had a she ra doll! I liked her better than barbie anyday! lol

Good to see u on again nic - def miss u when ur not on xox

xox

haha fair point about week 3 ;) I learnt my lesson & moved on (& was never about hunger anyway). The weekly losses thereafter speak for themselves I think.

I hope it doesn't come across as self-righteous, I certainly never intended for it to be, I'm trying to help & get across that you can only get out what you put into this programme. It's 100% dedication or nowt.

I dont think your post was self-righteous at all howdy I loved it - and i think it was all so true - thats why i responded to it and personalised it to my own success. LT is a total mind diet - and I think its great for people who are struggling to read about how to get into the mindset to be successful - the best way people can do this is to copy what other successful people have done.

Fair enough howdy was a bad boy on week 3 - but the message that came across was to put those mistakes behind you and not feel guilty - not everyone is perfect all of the time - but its what you do after you fall that defines your destiny and who you are as person.

xox

Oh i love she-ra - I even had a she ra doll! I liked her better than barbie anyday! lol

Good to see u on again nic - def miss u when ur not on xox

xox

I dont think your post was self-righteous at all howdy I loved it - and i think it was all so true - thats why i responded to it and personalised it to my own success. LT is a total mind diet - and I think its great for people who are struggling to read about how to get into the mindset to be successful - the best way people can do this is to copy what other successful people have done.

Fair enough howdy was a bad boy on week 3 - but the message that came across was to put those mistakes behind you and not feel guilty - not everyone is perfect all of the time - but its what you do after you fall that defines your destiny and who you are as person.

xox

You said I was Julz:p:Dxx

99.99% gaz....

You said I was Julz:p:Dxx

Well i did think u left me tied up for a little too long last weekend ... so u went down 0.01% in my estimation... sorry gaz... xox ;)

The point of a Weight Loss forum.. is to help people.. is to get support.. its not just to surround ourselves with people who are perfect.. LT is a hard diet.. but not everyone will find it as hard as some people.. and shouldnt those people who find it hard.. get the support they need as you would expect to get if you needed it? just a thought..

Good post bit on the bottom of it though.. good tips..

x x

The point of a Weight Loss forum.. is to help people.. is to get support.. its not just to surround ourselves with people who are perfect.. LT is a hard diet.. but not everyone will find it as hard as some people.. and shouldnt those people who find it hard.. get the support they need as you would expect to get if you needed it? just a thought..

Good post bit on the bottom of it though.. good tips..

x x

LT is the easiest diet you could ever follow. The rules are simple and you just have to follow them! Funny how us blokes seem to find it easier especially when it's unnatural for us not to drink beer of a weekend!!!

LT is the easiest diet you could ever follow. The rules are simple and you just have to follow them! Funny how us blokes seem to find it easier especially when it's unnatural for us not to drink beer of a weekend!!!

Do you mean the easiest diet for you? or do you think every single person who does LT finds it the easiest diet they've ever done?

x x

absolutley , and i dont think we give enough rollockings, its always "bless you poor thing eating all that food awwwww never mind we all cheat" anon!
i say feed them to the lions, off with their heads..........

Good Post, fair point by Kitteh, haven't cheated, for me its too expensive to cheat. I think this forum is here to help and support. Help everyone along when they are down and help them back up. I hear what you saying hoowdy-doody and to some degree I understand the tough love, think your message should be aimed at serial offenders and not one timers.

He wasnt saying they shouldn't post he was trying to be helpful!...

Onwards & Upwards :D nothing horrible there!
Positive Steps

Write your reasons down.
Pin it to the fridge.

Why are you eating ?

Nope...nothing preachy, nasty or peferction insinuating there either!
I am imaging/assuming, hoowdy is trying to save his energy and like others would rather write one post on how to deal with a cheat, than 100 posts, saying the same thing!!
Hoowdy ...god love you xxx fab post xxx

I am much harsher than hoowdy will ever be ...maybe not gaz lol ...but, people need a kick up the ass on occasion...espcially when eating on a TRF!
lmfao Gazza you make me giggle!

Dunk the cheats in the river, burn them at the stake................

Back