FAO people who have regained!

rade

try, try & try some more!
Hi!

I wanted to ask a question to the people who have been on SS, lost weight but have gone on to regain part or most of it afterwards. Have you gained the weight 'naturally' as a result of coming off SS or have you just went nuts and splurged for a while and put the weight back on?

I like to think once i lose the bulk of my weight i won't splurge all the time... is it a case of the weight slowly creeping back on regardless?

I'm afraid I went NUTS!!..and I should have known better as I'm a CDC.

I didnt go nuts as such, Ive been off SS since November last year but gained about 10lbs, but, and its a big but, its not been a lb a week, its been 3lbs a time after a splurge!!! Im trying now so hard to get it off, my advice is dont splurge, plan plan and plan again, and if you do have a splurge, pull back straight away, coz in my case I didnt pull it back, I maintained for a bit then put a bit on again and then did it all over again!!!

Im in a better frame of mind trying to lose 10lbs or so than 5 st, but its so hard x

It is important to work up through the plans, which is what I intend on doing properly this time....I do not want to end up back in that position again EVER!!

i lost 5 and a half stone last year and put back on 2 stone, and i never put a pound back on till 3 mnths ago, when through a combination of things, including a bereavement illness and medication change and quite a few bannoffee pie benders i pt two stone on in 3 months, which i would never have thought possible, but grief does different things to different people, i handled it badly, now i just lost half and have another stone to lose but i have to work though the stages as i have been asked to come off cd well out of ketosis for medical reasons, so i have 14 to lose still, which i hopefully will lose some on the stages and the rest on ww, and general swiming and eating healthily,

i hope i have learnt my lessons, and not t use food as a comfort, but we will see.

Thanks guys for the feedback, it's intersting to see!

I am concerned that once i lose the weight that my old self will have a new skin to fill!! lol... but if this SS is anything to go by i'm realising how 'little' i seem to need to function... maybe i will have a weekly splurge in oppose to a bored munch everynite!!
The theory sounds good anyway!! :giggle:

i think the thing is to learn to see food as fuel and not a treat, if you splurge once a week then you are still seeing food as a treat, have something nice now and again, but dont feel your depriving yourself, dont sit waititng till friday night or whatever for a cream cake, realise that you can have a cream cake whenever you like, but you have to make a choice and that is to compensate for that cream cake by cutting down a little the next day,

good luck

i think the thing is to learn to see food as fuel and not a treat, if you splurge once a week then you are still seeing food as a treat, have something nice now and again, but dont feel your depriving yourself, dont sit waititng till friday night or whatever for a cream cake, realise that you can have a cream cake whenever you like, but you have to make a choice and that is to compensate for that cream cake by cutting down a little the next day,

good luck

I hear ya... i think food is still a treat because i'm so new to the diet.. food is the holy grail, but i can see over the next few weeks my opinion changing. I mean i am around meals and sometimes i forget i can't eat them.. i just sometimes crave a strong flavour, i.e. something salty or spicy

I am a savouryholic... chocolate, i can take it or leave it!!

I put loads of chilli flakes into my veg soup, it gives it a kick!!

Love

Yum!! so we're allowed to huh!? can we use pepper? i was gonna wait to ask my CDC tomoro... would love to add some pepper to the tomato soup!!

The other important thing is to deal with a weight gain so as not to allow any gain above 5lbs without doing something about it asap.

I intend following the plans religiously, as I have with SS and 790 so far.

Then, if I have been on holiday and have gained a couple of pounds, to go immediately back to low-carb dieting until it is gone.

I never want to have to be in the position of losing 154lbs again, not ever.

The other important thing is to deal with a weight gain so as not to allow any gain above 5lbs without doing something about it asap.

I intend following the plans religiously, as I have with SS and 790 so far.

Then, if I have been on holiday and have gained a couple of pounds, to go immediately back to low-carb dieting until it is gone.

I never want to have to be in the position of losing 154lbs again, not ever.

i cannot agree more, once i get to my goal i will have a +- allowance of 9-10lbs or so, that way i can deal with it before it gets out of control... like now where i need to lose about 6 stone!!

never again!! :eek:

You make it sound so easy :D

Oh it is:eek:

Not!!!!!:D

But hey, Im working on it and getting there!!!!

Once the euphoria of the weight loss has worn off then believe me its bloomin hard, old habits can creep in, and old habits can be very very hard to break.

1 year on............................ 10lbs gain.

2 years on...............................

Nope, Im not going back there, but just wish it was easy x

As soon as I came off I just ate ate ate, like a big fat big and now... I am a big fat pig again! lol! Seriously though, I haven't cooked a meal for 2 consecutive days for months. I am seriously considering going on CD again, I lost 3 stone in about 9 weeks, and there are 9 weeks till christmas, so it would be brill... I just know that once I get to target I need to folllow the steps properly and I can't go back to how I am eating now otherwise I will end up again with 12 stone to lose!

I agree with all the comments - keep an eye on your weight like any diet as soon as you put on a few lbs get them off straight away - easier said than done sometimes, gone from a size 10 to a 20 working my way back down again. But will hopefully be more careful in the future.
xxx

I've never ever been average, I'm hoping that when I am I'll cling to it like a clingy thing.
I think than there's no point putting so much hard work into something and then letting it all go. I've only ever lost 2 - 4 stones on ww etc so I've never gone down to even a 14 so I can't wait to see what it feels like to go into any shop and be able to buy something. I still remember trying to find a school skirt in ladies shops because the school shops didn't stock my size, my school was bottle green and I remember mum saying I'll have to have black, luckily we found one, imagine not only being the fat girl but the fat girl who can't find a skirt NIGHTMARE.

I never understand why people do drastic things to lose weight, ie vlcds, thinking there habits will change and they will keep slim, when I thought about it, and Im gonna change now, Im 19stone 9lbs, was 20stone 13lbs, but lost a stone when on cb 2 months ago. came off cambridge, joined the gym and now I do the gym 4/5 days a week, Im looking at my food this week, and I want to eat nutricionally(bad speeling or wat) and eat to give me energy, I agree food should never be looked upon s a treat, many of us eat for comfort, eat when we have anxiety, eat when we are happy, eating in many ways has become a coping mechanism, so until we all cope with other ways to deal with the reasons why we eat and why we overeat, it will be a case of yo-yo dieting for life. Maybe Im being to blunt, but I have had to face the ugly hard facts, Im obese because I overeat. I eat when Im not hungry, I eat unhealthy packaged quick foods instead of cooking from scratch when all that is needed is a few changes, I did hardly any exercise, Im this way because of a series of things. Avoiding food for a year may well probably get you to your target but once you get there you have to start eating again and then all of a sudden, food becomes the only thing you think about, the only thing you care about........

we all eat for different reasons, but these are mine, I hate it. but I say to myself, no more faddy diets. Fresh food, more fruit and veg, more complex carbos than refined ones, good sources of lean protein, more regular exercise, enough is enough. life is hard enough than having to deal with what eat and what i dont eat.

Back