Fashion, being thin, losing weight and the internet

Jettica

Shoot to thrill
Hi guys, have you missed me? I've been lamely absent really but I come to you with a topic to be discussed.

On my blog - link in sig - I've just had a little rant about why plus size women who love fashion get ignored on the internet.

I won't post a direct link because I got in trouble for it but you can go via the link in my sig to read the post. I'd love to know what you think and what your thoughts are on fashion. Feel free to comment on the blog or post here!
xx

Very interesting point, your blog makes for interesting reading. Personally I feel like I take a step back from current fashion because Im over weight, often go to less fashionable shops not because I like the clothes but because I feel more comfortable shopping there!

I totally agree SammyE; in fact I was shopping on the weekend for something to wear out Saturday night. I tried 5 pairs of jeans on and none fitted me so I went into Evans which is a shop I hadn't been in before but I saw a top I liked in the window (they didn't have one as it turned out). It was like a revalation for me as for the first time I didn't feel embarrassed about my weight in a shop, I didn't feel I had to try and 'hold myself in' as I shopped or that I was being looked at for having to hunt for the bigger sizes (why must they put all the 6's and 8's at the front and stuff the bigger ones right at the back so it's obvious you're looking for a bigger size?).

A lot of shops either don't do anything above a 14 or 16 or they do the sizes but in a limited range; I used to shop in Jane Norman as I like the clothes but they did extremely few items in a 16 and when I asked in the shop they said they only order in a few 'larger' sizes and see how they sell before ordering more! First I said that I didn't think 16 was a 'larger' size and secondly maybe they would sell more of those items if they ordered them in; people won't come to the shop if they never have their size after all.

Thanks for popping by ladies.

I'm a size 16 usually and a size 18 in jeans. I most certainly do not shop in Jane Norman, I didn't even realise they went to a 16.

Personally I hate shopping in Evans - but I still do - makes me feel like a fat person. I aspire to be a little bit thinner and shop in 'normal' people shops. So I do, even if I go home with nothing.

Personally my favourite shops are Clothing at Tesco, ASOS, New Look and River Island. Generally I can find something in my size there. Although despite going up to a size 18, River Island jeans still don't fit.!

Matalan do a great range of larger sizes and the prices are pretty cheap, well worth taking a look at. I also like the Marisota website as they do a good range of sizes, especially bras which is always an issue for me, im still an E cup.

Back