Fast weight loss and gallstones?

slinkybride2be

Silver Member
Been having a pain just under my right rib cage which seems to have spread to my back and shoulder. Thought I had strained muscles to begin with as I had been playing with the kids rolling around on the floor etc. However have just googled it and most results seem to come up with gallstones which then says can be caused by fast weight loss. I don't have any of the other symptoms such as sickness, nausea and temperature and although the pain is uncomfortable it is not unbearable. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Thanks x

Hi i had this pain/ache for about the first 4 days on and off and i was worried it was my gall bladder but fortunately it has pretty much gone it was always worse when sitting hope you feel better soon

You can get gallstones with any weight loss not just fast. I wouldn't worry yet it could be something really simple.

Having had gallstones, my experience was excruciating pain, they reckon a gallstone attack is one of the worst pains u can have. Everyone is different tho. I wouldn't worry too much about it, I feel a pain and I'm right onto google, only to worry over something simple. Get it checked out :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there

I have had gallstones (gravel) since starting Exante. And it has been agonising. I've had 3 attacks now. 2 brought on eating high fat food (pizza). Always had the vomiting, angonising pain and wind. Haven't a clue if I had a temp or not. Also I've always gone to bed fine and woken up in the early hours from the pain.

Hope this helps and that you are feeling better.
Obiously keep and eye and if you are still concerned speak to your Doc.

Anything I've seen does say it is agonising. (Although I've not had Children). But I do generally Have a high pain threshold and it was agonising.

Good Luck
ps my symptoms are spot on for the biliary colic
Gallstones - Symptoms - NHS Choices

Thankyou all. I feel a bit stupid for mentioning it now as the pain really is not that bad it's damn google messing with my mind! X

Not at all. Better to be safe. Aannnd of course now we r not eating, need other things to distract us! :D

Never be sorry for asking a question hun, its what were all here for :) Hopefully its not gallstones, i wouldnt wish them on anyone lol x

Back