Faster weight loss

darbydoo

Hi all. I am after suggestions on faster weightloss wih slimming world. I've lost 12lbs to date, around 2 lbs a week, but was hoping to increase to 3lbs a week for the next 3 weeks (holidays approaching!).

I mostly do green days, but i only tend to have 1 each of healthy extras and may switch to extra easy if i fancy eating meat. I always fill a third of plate with superfree foods too.

I don't have many syns as I don't feel the need - only things like flora or ketchup (probably around 5 a day max).

Please can you give me some ideas?
I am exercising regularly too

:eek:

Hi all. I am after suggestions on faster weightloss wih slimming world. I've lost 12lbs to date, around 2 lbs a week, but was hoping to increase to 3lbs a week for the next 3 weeks (holidays approaching!).

I mostly do green days, but i only tend to have 1 each of healthy extras and may switch to extra easy if i fancy eating meat. I always fill a third of plate with superfree foods too.

I don't have many syns as I don't feel the need - only things like flora or ketchup (probably around 5 a day max).

Please can you give me some ideas?
I am exercising regularly too

:eek:
If you are following to the point and exercising, then that seems to be the speed your body wants to shed the weight. If you want faster loss, you will have to up your exercise - you need to burn those calories by pushing it, not just sweating a little. Another is to completely eliminate any sugary foods and refined carbs and eat super clean. Water is also vital for weightloss, you gotta drink lots of it.
As you seem to be eating well, I'd push harder when exercising, you don't want to hit the plateau.

I push myself quite hard as it is, but I guess there is room for more! :)

What about the food, is it worth filing 2 thirds of my plate with the superspeed foods temporarily or eliminating syns?

No, you need carbs and protein to build muscle - eliminating that will actually do more damage. More muscle mass = more efficient at burning fat. As for eliminating syns entirely - remember you still need healthy fats to function, so don't skip nuts and the good oils. Sugar is good for nothing (but tastes nice) remove it.
To make exercise really effective, you need to shock it all the time, basically never get used to it, so it is always hard and make you curse the day you took it up! ;)

How much do you have to lose? 2lb a week is a fantastic weight loss (it's very nearly a bag of sugar) and the recommended weekly loss so 3lb may not be realistic or achievable. And really, is losing an extra 3lb going to make any different whatsoever to your holiday? Probably not.

Well I don't have an official "target weight", I don't go to a SW class - I've just followed the plan myself with the books. I am just guessing that 9lb is what's needed to make look good in a bikini! If I lost around 9lb, I wouldn't want to lose any more after this as this would be lighter than i've weighed for years, but it's all about how I look and feel rather than what it says on the scales. At the moment, I still see one or two bits I'd like to be smaller! :)

I'm 9st 2 at the moment and 5ft 3. So in healthy weight range, but want to be 8st 7 for my own personal goals :)

Back