Fasting until late lunch every day.. anyone tried it?

What exercise are you doing? I won't be doing any until the boys start nursery next Thursday. Too knackered just entertaining them! Ha ga

Haha! Awwww bet that keeps u very active!!! Haha I'm a bit of a fitness freak, I wok out about 4-6 times a week. I do all sorts of classes and I run occasionally too x

Haha! Awwww bet that keeps u very active!!! Haha I'm a bit of a fitness freak, I wok out about 4-6 times a week. I do all sorts of classes and I run occasionally too x

I used to be like that before net my husband :-( lol determined to get back there no matter how long it takes! Ggrrrrr

I used to be like that before net my husband :-( lol determined to get back there no matter how long it takes! Ggrrrrr

I bet it's impossible with twins tho haha!!!

Hi fellow faster. If you are choosing an eating window form of fasting it might be worth reading Bert Herrings Fast-5 book. It's free to download on the Fast-5 website or 77p on Amazon for kindle.

I have been doing it for several months now after starting last Dec with JUDDDD/ADF. I really love the control it gives me and find I am making healthier choices in my window. :)

Hi, I started last August with an eating window from 12 to 8 ish and fasted on mon, tues and weds but usually managed 600-700 calories and lost weigh, no counting on non fast days but still managed to loose just over a stone before mid Dec.
I went astray over Christmas, jumped back in in the new year and maintained since then on a fast a week. I injured my back and have to take medication with food so I'm finding it tricky to keep to my eating window so I'm cheating with 1 weetabix for breakfast. I'm going to try for another stone now that I know I can maintain my current weightloss without too much commitment!!!

I love this way of eating and have got my hubby doing 5:2 as well, he's lost a stone in 3 weeks!!! Show off!!

Hoping to see the losses soon, getting back into work will help, having the kitchen calling to me whilst off work has been hard! I'm a teacher too and found the window worked well when at school, lots of drinks to keep full worked for me.

Good luck everyone xx

Did my first fast day today and had around 500 calories, did it by not having much all day and then a reasonable dinner. Next one will be Thursday

Tracy I am so impressed by your weight loss and the method you've talked about. Can I ask have you used this method from the start, or has it evolved?

kerrygold said:
Tracy I am so impressed by your weight loss and the method you've talked about. Can I ask have you used this method from the start, or has it evolved?

Oh thank you, that's very kind! I have just evolved the way I eat, to be honest. As I said before, I've always liked to eat late, and it developed from that really. I'm 5lbs from my target loss of 10 stone now, so it's going quite well. How much are you trying to lose? :) xx

Oh thank you, that's very kind! I have just evolved the way I eat, to be honest. As I said before, I've always liked to eat late, and it developed from that really. I'm 5lbs from my target loss of 10 stone now, so it's going quite well. How much are you trying to lose? :) xx

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, work and life got in the way for a bit. You ask how much I would like to lose, quite a simple question but I honestly don't know the answer as I have never found an eating pattern that allows me to lose weight for long, so the most I have ever lost is two stone after my first child came along ( and luckily it didn't go back on with number 2). In an ideal world I would like to lose four and a half stone, to get down to 10. Do you think I can do it? You seem to have done so well, it's really inspiring. Did you set little goals along the way? Did you use thus site from the start?

kerrygold said:
Sorry for the delay getting back to you, work and life got in the way for a bit. You ask how much I would like to lose, quite a simple question but I honestly don't know the answer as I have never found an eating pattern that allows me to lose weight for long, so the most I have ever lost is two stone after my first child came along ( and luckily it didn't go back on with number 2). In an ideal world I would like to lose four and a half stone, to get down to 10. Do you think I can do it? You seem to have done so well, it's really inspiring. Did you set little goals along the way? Did you use thus site from the start?

Of course you can do it, definitely! You just need to want it enough - I didn't for a number of years, but now I do. I'm at target now, just under actually, and believe me, if I can do it, anyone can, honestly!! Yes, I did always set smaller goals, as well as having the main one - get into the next stone bracket, move down a BMI band etc. I joined this site a month after I started, and I honestly don't know if I would have done as well without it, it's been invaluable. Good luck! :) xx

I do fast 5 too, my window is 2.30 - 19.30 I love it, my weight loss is slow but slow is better than none which is what it was before.

Back