Fat around the abs (tummy)

Minimin

Wants to Maintain Gd!!
Ok so i'm on my eight week of LT and I can tell I have lost weight because of the scales and clothes getting looser. I am however a bit worried about fat around the my tummy that is where most of my weight is. I am just wondering if the 3 stones odd that I have left now will mean the fat is likely to start coming off from around there?

I did take measurements of my tummy a few weeks back but lost the paper I wrote them on and have not taken them since!!

Attached two pictures, one from August 09 other Jan 09. Can notice a bit of difference but not much at all :(

Attachments

• 03 August 2009 2.jpg
    03 August 2009 2.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 65
  • 01 January 2010 2.jpg
    01 January 2010 2.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
it should go, my belly is always the first area to put weight on and leave , every where else seems to go 1 after the other lol

I personally found that it comes from all the places you don't want it too first (being a man that was my arms and shoulders, talking with some of the girls last time, it was more girly places! ;) ).

It does eventually come from around the stomach, although I found some light exercise really does help....a few sit ups, nothing crazy....every little helps and it really depends how you feel. I never felt like I had any energy whilst on LT, so found it really hard to motivate myself, but if you can manage a few then great.

The fact you lost your paper won't have helped, as i've no doubt you will have lost in that area, and you'll notice it yourself with the clothes...that's the best indication.

Mark

I personally found that it comes from all the places you don't want it too first (being a man that was my arms and shoulders, talking with some of the girls last time, it was more girly places! ;) ).

It does eventually come from around the stomach, although I found some light exercise really does help....a few sit ups, nothing crazy....every little helps and it really depends how you feel. I never felt like I had any energy whilst on LT, so found it really hard to motivate myself, but if you can manage a few then great.

The fact you lost your paper won't have helped, as i've no doubt you will have lost in that area, and you'll notice it yourself with the clothes...that's the best indication.

Mark

Yes its so frustrating tho. Thats my main problem area. I attached two pictures to demonstrate!

Yes its so frustrating tho. Thats my main problem area. I attached two pictures to demonstrate!

I see what you mean....unfortunately as good as LT is for getting weight off quickly, I'm afraid the toning part is the longest part.

It will start going from there and as you can see from the pics it already is, but I don't think it will ever go as fast as any of us would like it to.

You can see from my pics that it does go, and I'm far from having a six pack just yet, but I'm working at it.

Just stick with it and don't give up hope. Any exercise you can manage will be a bonus, especially anything that targets the stomach area, but things such as walking are also good.

I see what you mean....unfortunately as good as LT is for getting weight off quickly, I'm afraid the toning part is the longest part.

It will start going from there and as you can see from the pics it already is, but I don't think it will ever go as fast as any of us would like it to.

You can see from my pics that it does go, and I'm far from having a six pack just yet, but I'm working at it.

Just stick with it and don't give up hope. Any exercise you can manage will be a bonus, especially anything that targets the stomach area, but things such as walking are also good.

Are tummy crunches using a tummy cruncher any good? But I heard these can give you a arched back?

I'm no expert on things like that...I did mine using one of those as I find you get better support, and your hands go in a position that's not "interfering" (like with a normal sit-up you tend to put your hands behind your head and try to drag yourself up).

Again, it's everything in moderation.

Good luck.

Minimin.. firstly... I had to have a giggle and the stars you added to your pictures! lol

Ok.. Everyone has different body shapes and everyone loses fat in different ways... the order of mine seems to be

Boobs
Arms
face
Stomach
Legs

And im sure everyones will vary!

And yes my legs get the fat first and then lose it last! but keep at it and as Mark says toning exercise will definatly help!

My PROBLEM area too.....I have had fat residue there since I was a little girl..seriously dont know what it is to have a flat tummy EVER..and I mean that 100%..not just saying it.

My trainer gave me some exercises...but because I have arthritis in my neck, cant do the crunch thing......

I lie down, keep legs completely straight and then lift them up to half way, but in a controlled manner, and then back down again....do as many as you can.

It is your lower tummy that you need to concentrate on!

I also use the coreball and do crunches, but because my back and neck are protected, there is no strain on them...this is good too.

Do you know yoga? The plank is another one that is good for the core muscle...google it and you can see the position...you basically get into the plank position, hold for as long as you can and then come down..do that as many time..I think I can do it about 5 times!!!

Just keep at it, but you may find that you will still have it after LT, etc...so, dont worry too much about it..just keep working at it.

Back