Fat! Be gone! my CD Diary

Oil won't knock you out of ketosis, don't worry! :) it's amazing you stuck to that - you should be really proud of yourself! Xx

Day 11. Hungry..:sigh:

My ketostix was slightly pink, but I think I've done something by having lunch out yesterday - perhaps it was a 3 egg omelette.

I'd already consumed a shake and a bar by 11am this morning - going to have a shake around 4pm as I won't get home until 7.30, when I'll have my little meal. Trying to keep busy at work and keep my mind off things but really struggling today. Hopefully when I leave work and take my son to football, because I'll be physically active, I won't find the time to think about it, then I can just go home, have my dinner and go to bed. Tomorrow is another day.

Second weigh in and I've lost 3lb - really wanted to lose 4lb so I would be 13st 7lb but hey ho, better than nothing!

Was really looking forward to the weigh in today and have spent the last 3 days without any CD bars, so couldn't wait to get my hands on more of those! Feeling rubbish today and have had to come home from work - bit annoying as I don't normally do sick leave, but being on this diet seems to have intensified this cold.

Feeling OK though and not tempted to break the diet - hopefully the cold will 'do on' soon so I can get on with losing another 3lb so I will hopefully of lost a stone in total at the next weigh in.

2 weeks in and I've been hit by a cold :sigh: I never normally succumb to these things - having two kids, a full time job and a useless husband that works away anyway during the week, I tend to have to soldier on but the lack of calories has forced me to take yesterday off work and I'm not feeling to hot today either - I'm forcing myself to go to work though as there should be a delivery of a 'Crocodile Dundee' hat waiting for me for my son's Australiasian Day tomorrow...the things we do.

Anyhow, not feeling sick, so not gone off the products but need to get myself better so I'm going to do a couple of days at Step 3 (Step 2 just doesn't appeal!). I've had my 40g of muesli for breakfast, will have a lemon bar when I get to work and a small green salad and another bar for lunch and some chicken and rice this evening. I will be really proud of myself if I pull this off and stay on plan and return to SS+ as normally I would of just convinced myself to stop CD and start 'being good'...and we all know where that leads!

Brill keep it going :) Starting on Fri myself!

After a five year break from posting, during which I lost a further 2 stone on CD in 2016, I’m back on the eve of rejoining.

I’ve gone back for a month or so every year since 2016 to re focus and I’ve generally put on 1.5 to 2 stone from my lowest weight. I feel tomorrow may be slightly more which scares me, but shying away from that won’t help.

What prompted me to rejoin this time was a horrendous photo taken of me from behind.... Jesuuuuus I’ve been kidding myself! So made an appointment for tomorrow and reading through my old diary for inspiration. Pigged a massive bag of chocolate buttons last night in readiness 🐷

Will post tomorrow with starting weight

Weighed in at 12st 12lb... pleased it didn’t start with a 13.

Got my stuff for the week - pleased you can have bars from day 1 now! So had porridge and hunkered down on the sofa having an easy day.

Here’s to the journey!

Day 2 - lesson is don’t start this diet when your at home with two bored children.... the oldest has just got up (at 12:15! ) and asked for a subway... the youngest is 11 and that’s just an awkward age, so I’m pottering around the house... I’ve already eaten my second product out of boredom...

Stay strong! You can do it!
I'm also a starter/restarter. This time around I am on step 3 and surprisingly I am losing more on it than I did on just shakes. And having kids and being a single parent, step 3 is easier to stick to for me.

Day 5. Funny how it’s the mental anguish rather than physical hunger that bothers me most on this diet. Not really hungry but missing the ritual of food but as I recall, it’s part of the retraining process.

Didn’t have my first product until lunchtime yesterday but today feels tough and I’d already consumed my first one by 9am today. Going to watch my son play football shortly armed with my water to keep myself busy for a few hours... fingers crossed there’s a loo there! 😳

Will soldier on until weigh in on Tuesday and hopefully that will spur me on for a further week after which I might bump up to step 2.

Week 1 weigh in and 8lb gone! Back at work yesterday and already my trousers feel less snug 😊

Doing a further week on step 1a with a view to then moving to step 2.

Weirdly craving muesli....🤔

Day 11.

Lovely weather for the Easter weekend and I’m so glad I’ve got a handle on my weight before summer. I feel lumpy but happy knowing I’m doing what I can to be smaller.

Went through my wardrobe this morning and have a drawer now of stuff that I plan to be able to get back into the first week of June. Also getting the kids and hubbies passports sorted next week so we can go to Spain in the summer and stay with my in laws. My FIL can be ruthless with his comments and is a real ‘fat hatter’ so here’s hoping that I manage to swerve that!

Well done, I have been on Exante since 24th Feb but am a slow loser!! I have lost about 18lbs or so so far and it does feel better as you said to know you are doing something about it. I have a lot more to lose than you but am determined this will be my last obese year. Enjoy your holiday and imagine the look on your FIL's face when you arrive Hun! xxx

Thank you Jacci48 😊

Week 2 weigh in and lost just short of 2lb, which is disappointing but nevertheless, still going in the right direction...

First day on step 2. Nice to have ‘proper’ food but strangely still really hungry this evening. Will again try and do this step for 2 weeks then move to step 3 for the final leg. God I miss wine....😫

Hey Em, well done on your losses for far! I’ve restarted today after losing 2 stone last summer on Cambridge. I’ve maintained my loss since then but I’m ready now to get the last stone and a half off! How are you getting on this week? Xxx

Hi just wanted to say keep going - I’m a previous CD and move to exante. I lost 6 st in 2010 after birth of my daughter. Then maintained until birth of my son in 2012, went through early menopause and put on 4st.

This journey I’m being kinder to myself my life is different, I follow between step 1-2 and have consistently lost that same as TS. I’ve had days off, done a 5:2 (5 on 2 off) approach and my mindset about food has changed.

So keep going and be kind to yourself x

Thank you for the replies!

Lost 3lb this week so that’s a stone in 3 weeks! So I’ve another 16lb to go.

I’ve stuck religiously to step 2 but had a bad weekend where I was completely fed up drinking water and just generally fed up. I’m sooooo much better during the week when I’m busy at work. I had planned to jack it in and move to SW but I’m going to keep going until my self imposed date of the 8th June.

No weigh in next week as my consultant is away, but I’m starting on step 3 then as well. Can’t wait for weetabix and hazelnut milk! 🥰

Back