Fat Blocker Tablets ???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shinyhappyperson, 4 March 2008 Social URL.

1. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

My sister was telling me that two of her friends have recently been prescribed tablets that should be used in conjunction with a low fat diet.

The tablets block the body absorbing the fat and it passes straight through the body.

Apparently these can only be used for a short period of time.

Has anyone else heard of these, or had an experience with them?

I don't want them personally, I am a happy CD'er :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Sounds like it might be Xenical. They dont block all the fat, but do absorb some and it supposedly goes right through you. I tried them for a few months & they didnt make a bit of difference, just didnt work at all, but my doctor thought that my diet was so low fat there was nothing for them to work with.

The side effects can be quite horrendous though.

4. melster122

melster122 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.95%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I tried them for a couple of weeks but they didn't work for me as I wasn't eating enough fat so they didn't help with the weight loss :sigh:

5. Julesy

Julesy Likes being a girly girl

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Xenical tablets....my doctor prescribed them to me too, and I did take them for a couple of weeks and saw no difference until I ate some cheese on toast and oh boyyyyyyyyyy.....I certainly knew about it then........won't go into too graphic details, but needless to say I had to stay very close to a loo all day! :p

6. scorpio dawny

scorpio dawny keeps on trying

Start Weight:
    17st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.7lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    iv had them as well and if you do eat fatty foods, you don't know when your going to go you may think you've got wind, but the worse thing has happened
    quite embarrassing (but its making me laugh now) I did loss weight on them but not alot.

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I tried EVERYTHING to make them work... even tried having one with a Chinese Meal and another time with a pizza (on my treat nights I hasten to add) STILL never worked :rolleyes:

8. lu-c

lu-c Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.52%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I used them... gives you orange poo if you eat too much fat and I did sh1t myself a few times..lol only because I thought I was going to fart and didnt! I would recommend them but suggest you dont ignore the instructions like i did!

9. scorpio dawny

scorpio dawny keeps on trying

Start Weight:
    17st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.7lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    i think it takes a few days to get effects in the loo department. x

10. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I was offered them but refused. Didn't want the side effects. And besides, they only take into account that FATS are the only culprit in weight gain - carbs can do the trick quite nicely too thank you very much.

Might work for some - not a method I fancy though.

11. FunellaFox

FunellaFox Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    reductil
    My sis gave me a coupkle of weeks supply as she had results with them, but for me nothing happened cos i was eating a very low-fat diet anyway. So pointless really

12. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Unfortunately Xenical doesn't help if you eat too much sugar or other carbs. If you're on a low fat diet they're pointless and if you're not they'll make you ill. I wouldn't recommend them.

13. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

Thanks everyone - I did take a look at some of the side effects and didn't think they sounded like they were worth the risk. I shall pass on the information to my sister.

Thanks again.

14. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    They definately stop you eating a lot of fat as the consequences are not to be repeated

Irene xx

15. bunnycd

bunnycd Full Member

I bought these off the internet about 3 years ago in complete desperation. They made me faint.. and have heart burn. I went to my docs who said I had to go on a diet (weight watchers) If only I knew about CD back then! I would personally avoid.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.