Fat-Boy-Slimmin - through the hard times and the good

I completely agree with all the others! Don't you dare leave!!! You are truly inspirational and I love reading your posts. :) Hugs. x

Me too! Keep posting - your advice and support to everyone is SO helpful. You also need support as well as giving it out and we are all here to do that!

just caught up on your diary fbs, well done on your fantastic losses so far!! keep posting, your an inspiration :)!!x

Def don't go !
Your diary is one of my favourites and IS helping me.
I like to delve deeper into what makes us all tick, why we are the way we are and your thoughts are not 'serious' they are thought provoking.
I like the way you have made your diet decision and are just getting on with it. I have a similar mindset so I appreciate that.
I am also in a similar position in that I am splitting with OH after 11 yrs, have no friends, and no nearby relatives so it REALLY helps reading other peoples diaries and know that I am not alone.
I am guilty of reading but not posting as I tend to think no one will be interested in what I have to say (personal demon:eek:) but I will work on that so folks will know that what they say is not being ignored.
Post MORE, not LESS !!!
xx

Thanks for all the lovely messages. It's nice to know that I do make a difference, even if it's just in a small way. I really do find this diet very easy and I guess I just wish I could help others who may be struggling to find their motivation. It's all done with the best intentions, but sometimes I just feel like I might be coming across in the wrong way.

My day was fine. The F1 Qualifying was not problem at all. I had my sparkling water and didn't even need a meal. It makes me realise that what I have been doing each race weekend is really out of habit, rather than necessity. So when things return to normal I know I won't need to return to what I used to do.

Hi FBS, glad you had a good day at the F1. You really do make a difference, just by sharing your experiences with people. Thanks for all your support on my journey too.
Have a great day! :D

Nice to see you back posting. I also find the diet easy although I admit I do get bored with it sometimes and I have recently have found myself swinging between loving and loathing CD. But, I am on week 21 so I'm not giving myself a hard time about it.

Did you enjoy the Grand Prix? I was watching through my hands towards the end - real heart stopping stuff. I love Spa it's such a fantastic track. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

It was an interesting race, but JB getting taken out by Vettel wasn't good. He should have had more than just a drive through penalty for that. I was on the edge of my seat for the last 4 laps, praying that Hamilton would keep it on the track. I was fine with my sparkling water again, although I could smell other people's lunch.

hey mister dont u dare think about not posting as much.!!!!! u are so good at getting us all motivated and keeping us all going through the hard times. u are an inspiration to many of us. u seem so determined and although u say u have a few problems of ur own u are soooo good at rationalizing everything and give a positive prospective on everything. please keep posting in the way that u do as i love reading ur posts and u really are helping us all (and yourself) through our weight loss journey.

I've had to make a bit of a difficult decision, as some of you have probably already seen in my other thread. I’m a bit short on cash at the moment and I don't want it to affect my weight loss. I promised myself I would not fail, so I’m doing everything possible to make sure I don’t. Therefore, I’m going to be doing Exante for a couple of months. This is purely because it is cheaper.

I will still be active in the Cambridge section, because I want to return to CD to do the last bit of weight and also for the steps back to maintaining. Exante doesn't seem to be as good in that area, so I feel that CD will serve me better in that respect.

I have to admit that I feel like a bit of a stingy scumbag doing it that way, but I have to do what is best for my pocket at the moment. :(

ur not a stingy scumbag lol.

in this current climate we're all finding things a bit hard and its only natural to do everythin in ur power to make ends meet.
exante seems much similar to CD although easier on the pocket. im sure there are plenty of others out there considering the same. at least u are still on the right track and well on ur way to a goal weight. as i said before....best of luck, xx

Good luck, FBS. I can totally see where you're coming from and you need to do what's best for you, at the end of the day.
Just as long as you promise not to abandon us! :cry:
Have a good day! :)

Tess

Hi FBS. Sorry to hear you have to go over to exante. Though I have complete faith you will stick to it I have heard several people on here say that the food is not as good as CD.
Mind you, lots of people say they don't like CD food and I love it, so fingers crossed for you.
I was feeling cold but followed your advice, had a soup and now feel much better. Might a hot bath help warm you up ?
This is one aspect of this diet I am dreading as I already feel the cold quite badly anyway. My new cottage is very old with no insulation in the roof and oil fired central heating( very expensive !) so I will have to have lots of log fires. I have also been looking for the warmest duvets I can find online and will make good use of my electric blanket :D
good luck for your next weigh-in x

Yes, I've sort of taken a chance really. There are people that say they don't like CD, some don't like Exante. Some like one more than the other and vice-versa. But as I quite like CD meals, I'm hoping that the even if the Exante one's aren't quite as nice, they will still be okay. It's only 2 months anyway, maybe 3 at the most. So I'm determined to like them no matter what.

I'm off for a hot shower in a moment and then I'm going to have a porridge I think. That is one thing I will miss on Exante.

It sounds like a nice place you have there. If there are nice views, do you have a spare room? :D

heya
what's the difference in cost if you don't mind me asking? I too am a stingy scumbag, and now on statuory mat leave, so any savings would be good. GOOD LUCK!

It depends on how much you pay for Cambridge, as well as how much Exante product you order in each delivery, as there are shipping charges.

It will save me £100 over the next 2 months, as I've ordered 2 months worth in one delivery.

There is less variety on Exante. Only 4 shakes, 4 soups and 2 bars.

Sorry, me again. Just wondering...if you think you will miss the CD porridges could you order a few and use them in conjunction with Exante ?

After studying the nutritional values of Exante compared to Cambridge, I believe it would be safe to mix both diets. So yes, I was thinking of this as a possibility. ;)

Back