Fat-Boy-Slimmin - through the hard times and the good

Thanks Jane.

I have fond memories of Bewdley.

My Parents and Aunt/Uncle owned a caravan near there, at Bank Farm. I was there 3 times a year when I was a kid. We used to go in to Bewdley a few times when staying there. I remember we used to go to the chippy by the bridge, or a cafe just around the corner. This was back when a portion of chips was 20p though. :eek:

Hey ho, those were the days.

I did go back there about 10 years ago and it had changed a bit.

we had chips from that very chippy- still yummy,tho that's probably not very helpful to you right now-sorry !!

I don't mind the mention of food. Yes, they always were great fish and chips. The cafe was just around the corner on the river front. I'm not sure if it's still there now, but they used to do an excellent burger, which seemed huge to me when I was a kid.

I haven't really had anything to add for the past couple of days. The diet is going fine and there isn't really much to report.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm almost 2 belt holes slimmer around my waiste. Although I was on the last hole before I started and it was quite a squeeze, so realistically I'm probably more like almost 4 holes down. :)

I really wish I had more to say, but I'm on auto pilot now that I'm in the zone.

Having been through it before, I'm not really surprised anymore. Don't get me wrong though, I'm really impressed by how quickly this diet works for me. I guess I'm just still a bit upset with myself for not seeing it through last time.

I think once I get to where I was last time, things will then start to mean more to me.

Amen to being on autopillot. The novelty of being on a diet has totally worn off; it's just the long slog now.

How long are you doing SS for? i'm doing it for another 9 and a half weeks (not really feeling like kim bassinger tho :p)

8 weeks initially, then taking a week'ish off, then I'm looking to SS for up to another 10 weeks. It really depends how it all goes. I got down to just under 14 stone last time, so I have no idea how things will go from there.

It's my birthday early October. So instead of an add a meal week after 12 weeks, I'm doing it after 8 weeks and also not quite intending to stick to just an add a meal week. I know I'll probably gain more than just water during that week, but it's only for one week out of 4 months.

fair play! at least you'll be choosing what to enjoy not madly eating right? I guess it will be good practice for the future. I'm going on holiday back home to Canada, and i'm allowing myself to feast on sushi (only fish though, no rice!) as it's low carb and low fat i figure i'm allowed :)

Yes I will try to be fairly sensible. I don't want to do too much damage, as I'll only have to lose it again.

Why would you want to live in the UK if you are from Canada? Do you have a spare case you can hide me in when you go? Only on the outward journey though!! :D

lol so many people say that! i also have an australian passport too - so my husband has his choice of colonies to reside in should he wish to quit the uk!
i come from a little island off of vancouver; there are about 600,000 people living there. My island is the same length as the UK -so it's a bit more of a slower pace than here :p

I came to London 6 years ago to work as i didn't want to work in Toronto or New York, and when i wasn't looking aquired a husband, a child and 45lbs. How the hell did that happen?!

A little late, but better late than never eh?

I really just wanted to confirm that I have now moved down 2 holes on my belt comfortably and my jeans are starting to feel a bit on the baggy side. I felt really good when I went out today. Almost like I was close to my target weight, which I know probably sounds daft. I just feel so much more alive. I had lost a bit of weight before starting CD, so I'm a little further on that my stats show, but the difference I have noticed already really does make it feel like so much more.

3rd weigh in tomorrow....

Back