'Fat clubs' thriving in America

Jim

Big Boy
American nightclubs catering specifically for fat people are proving a hit with plus-sized partygoers looking for acceptance.

Really?

LINK HERE

I think it's a really good idea too. I'm not sure how I'd take to the men who go to perve on the big girls though - whilst I feel it's great to be attractive to someone I remember going to a big and tall clothing event for men and women in Holland with a lot of very very large people about - and these skinny men, some in a state of obvious arousal were around, particularly near where the photographer had set up to take glamour shots ... sigh.

I'm amazed that no one thought of this sooner-it's a good money spinner. Are there any of these clubs in the uk? If not, get down to your bank and get a new business loan!
I do like the idea, it's good that people can have a place they can go to where they feel comfortable in being themselves. But the sad thing is, it also reflects the state that society's in at the minute, when overweight people can't go to those types of places because they just don't feel comfortable. no matter how open minded the majority are, there's always one idiot no matter where you go. And they're usually an even bigger idiot if they've had a skinful :mad:

There are a few 'Boot-camps' for slimming in the UK actually! One was featured in the Claire Richards (ex-Steps) programme where she wanted to slim down from a size 16 to a size 12 for her wedding day.
They don't seem widely popular, or known about in the UK, but just googling "weight loss camp" or "fitness camp" - comes up with a few options. :) I don't really think it's part of the UK "culture" though, not as much as it is in the US. Here we are more focused on personal freedoms, there they are privately very obsessed with fitting in to some sort of beauty standard.

Back