Fat-free salad dressings

Quornman

What do you think about fat-free salad dressings? Are they really a good alternative or do they taste strange and chemical?

I bought a few years ago a Kraft Fat-Free French dressing and it was gloopy and was very sour and had a strange chemical 'tang'.

I'm wondering whether it's better just to make a decent salad dressing with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil at 6 syns (about)?

Which salad dressings have you tried and which would you recommend? :)

I used SaladLight (from the makers of FryLight) ceasar dressing and it had a bit of a odd taste, but when I sprayed it on my salad and mixed it through it was lovely. Fat free french dressing is another good one, or washing some balsamic viegar through. I think it depends on your tastes really :)

I used SaladLight (from the makers of FryLight) ceasar dressing and it had a bit of a odd taste, but when I sprayed it on my salad and mixed it through it was lovely. Fat free french dressing is another good one, or washing some balsamic viegar through. I think it depends on your tastes really :)
Thanks for the tip - I forgot about the Frylight salad sprays. :)

i looked for the saladlite in Asda's and they dont seem to sell it or frylite products. where did you buy yours?

You can only get them in Sainsburys, Morrisons and Budgens and funnily enough mine were with the ice cream :S On that shelf that has the viegar and mayo and so on.

Back