Fatigue at Work

Cypherkitty

Hi guys,

I have suffered with fatigue, the doctors dont know why... I even suffered with it when I was 16 and a healthy weight, but now that I am working full time I am having real problems with it.... I am just so tired all the time and trying to even move after work is difficult. I have to admit it is an office job, but my brain just stops after work and it seems like someone has just turned a switch off. I am even so lethargic at work... its so annoying. I have tried everything! Water, low GI food to keep me going, caffeine.. just nothing seems to help.

Is there any food or anything that you can suggest that might keep me going at work?

Thanks

Lulu x x

No my doctor just says that it's due to my weight, they did my blood tests but they all came back clear so was sure that nothing was wrong with me >_<

I've got to the point where I have given up trying and just got on with it but it does bring me down though

Lulu xxx

Can I ask you a question - do you snore?

You should ask your doctor to check for disturbed sleep apnea, maybe look online first at signs and symptoms and see if they sound familiar to you.

I struggled for years with the same, an then a really good doctor noticed the symptoms and has pointed me in the right direction and really helped me.

xxxz

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not as far as I am aware, my partner says that I don't only when I'm ill or have a cold. I'm just so sick of it, my friend advised me to pester the doctor to send me to a sleep clinic but it's just getting time to do it

Lulu x x x

Is the fatigue sleep related? You don't say if you sleep well or not. My reply below presumes that you do sleep so I won't go into sleep deprevation...

I also have an office job, and whilst I don't have fatigue as such, I am shattered at work and when I've finished work. Recently though, I read or heard somewhere that whilst you feel shattered at and after work, you are only mentally tired and not physically tired.

Exercise has really helped me, and when I feel shattered I remember the phrase above and make myself do something. It helps me sleep better and I feel more awake and alert during the day.

Low GI and plenty of water will help you feel refreshed and hydrated but, for me, it is exercise which helps.

As the poster above I am assuming you sleep ok. I am always knackered after work. I have found that going outside for a walk at lunchtime helps to keep me awake in the afternoon.

I also try to go to the gym or aquafit afterwork 3 evenings and no matter how tired I am when I walk in I feel loads better when I leave.

yeah I mean I sleep, by heavens I can sleep for britain but I never feel refreshed. Now that I have started eating right and drinking more water I am getting rid of general weariness but deep inside i still feel thoroughly dead. I am starting to exercise more, on my lunch break I walk for 1/2 to 1 hour and have my lunch after, so its not as if I'm not exercising at all. Ive got my old exercise bike back so ill watch CSI this evening and go on that. Which is what I used to do. I just hope that there isnt anything like a sleep disorder hiding behind all of this

Thanks for your help, its nice to know im not the only one out there

Lulu x x x

Back