Fav meal with the least points??

twinkle22

What is your favourite meal that really fills you up for the least points.
This is my second day and am sooooo hungry!! x:D

Why not try making some zero points soups? i have made the butternut and tomato and the mexican one and both are really nice and filling.
Its not good feeling hungry, are you eating all your points? maybe try some high protein foods, i know alot of people recommend eggs as a filling food but not tried this yet.

I second the soups - especially BNS Soup - very filling! I also like to have a grilled chicken breast with some Levi Roots Peri Peri sauce on it, (4pp for the chicken, 2pp for the sauce) with a huge side of roasted veg (whichever veg you fancy, sprayed with frylight and sprinkled with oregano, roasted in oven for 20 mins). Yum!!! I also like to do Chicken or Beef casserole in the slow cooker - normally comes out at about 6 pp, served with 175g of new pots (4pp) and a load of veg

Lots of brill ideas!! Thanks keep them coming especially what you take to work! X

Oh and turkey chilli. The schwartz packets are only 2pp per half pack, make it with turkey instead of beef, skip the rice but have loads of veg. Gorgeous!

Turkey stirfry with LOADS of chinese veg and rice or a roast- dry roasted potatoes, chicken breast and loads of veg. With both you can get loads for really low points and will fill up you up!

Quorn Bolognese - 100g of Quorn mince (2pp), tin of tomatoes, and all the onion, peppers, mushrooms, carrot you can shake a stick at. Chuck in some herbs and spices and stuff too, you get a whole heap of food for just 2 points...
Filling, tasty, and versatile, chuck it on homemade chips, wedges, broccoli, pasta, rice, whatever you fancy...!!

I just made the chicken curry in the ww Enjoy book for 12pts:

(recipe for 4 people)
4 chicken breasts
240g brown basmati rice
1 large onion
1tbsp mild curry powder (i used hot curry powder and had 2 generous teaspoons - it was HOT)
250ml chicken stock
2tsp cornflour
2tbsp mango chutney
150g 0% greek yoghurt
2tsp finley chopped coriander (optional but really makes the recipe, I used fresh)

I just cooked all the ingredients as norm... yog chutney and cornflour mixed together and added at the end. A lot of points but half of them were on the rice tbh!

I like a fry up as it feels naughty. I usually have 4 bacon medallions, 1 egg, 1 Quorn Sausage, tons of mushrooms and tins of tomatoes, ketchup and bread to mop it up ;). Usually ends up around 9 - 10 points!

My fav lunch is a "fake pizza"

toast one side of a tortilla wrap under the grill
turn over and spread a teaspoon of tomato puree
add chopped cherry tomatoes some ham or whatever topings you prefer) mushroom & onion and half fat cheese ( although it is tasty without if you dont want to use the points)
put back under the grill to warm /toast the topping

comes out as pizza/ flatbread and is really yummy for low points! ( 4 with no cheese )

Thats a brilliant idea I love pizza xx Made the curry from here and it was lovely thank you xx

Yes it was so nice and I had some ww mini naan bread with it. I am filling up on m & s lemon sorbet today. It is lovely and instead of ice cream they do it in mango too. Really nice on a hot day and 1 tub lasts me ages :)

Can someone point me in the right direction fir the WW curry recipe please? Xx

(recipe for 4 people)

4 chicken breasts
1 large onion
1tbsp mild curry powder
250ml hot chicken stock
2tsp cornflour
2tbsp mango chutney
150g 0% greek yoghurt
2tsp finley chopped coriander (optional but really makes the recipe, I used fresh)

(then whatever portion of rice you want on top of that)

fry onion and chicken, add curry powder, then the stock, let it simmer for a while. (i used a chicken oxo cube for stock)

mix cornflour with yog, then add chutney to the mix. Take the food off the heat and mix it in, then add the coriander.

For such a bog standard meal the chutney really kicks it up a gear :3

Also: the above is the official recipe, I only used 2 chicken breasts, and filled it up with onion and mushroom.

Back