fav snacks or treats

jayde1148

Gold Member
Hi all

Just wondering what are your fav low cal snacks or treats. Do far not really had any and unsure what snacks may be a healthy option. I have had some oatcakes and philli light but wot else do you have?

Thanks

Oatcakes are pretty high calorie are they not?
Since starting CC my hubby (junk food lover!) and I are amazed at just how low cal so many 'normal' treat things are. Even crisps and chocolate! Oh, oh, oh, and tescos £1.00 pizza, which is GORGEOUS, and I'd never have dreamed of looking at on SW, now I'm eating it 1/2 a week! lol

iwillsoonbeslim said:
Oatcakes are pretty high calorie are they not?
Since starting CC my hubby (junk food lover!) and I are amazed at just how low cal so many 'normal' treat things are. Even crisps and chocolate! Oh, oh, oh, and tescos £1.00 pizza, which is GORGEOUS, and I'd never have dreamed of looking at on SW, now I'm eating it 1/2 a week! lol

Oatcakes are 35kcal each I have the Nairns finely milled ones.

When I'm next at the supermarket I'm gonna have a good look.

To me "treat" and "healthy" don't come in the same sentence! As i'm kind of following SF while I CC i'm allowed 3 snacks under 100 kcals each a day (it does say healthy snacks... lol). I have things like baked walkers crisps, wotsits, little jacobs club cake bars, quavers and mini babybels.

Oyster shaped ice cream wafers (half coated in choc an coconut and filled with marshmallow mmmm) 79 cals plus two small scoops of carte d'or rum raisin icecream 100 cals. That's my naughty treat!!

My good one is the WW rich choc dessert at a measly 62cals :)

For a non sweet snack it's usually something involving a dairy Lee triangle :) i have it with crispbread, mini wholewheat pitta or veggie sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How many cals is the pizza iwillsoonbeslim?

That ice-cream sounds AMAZING Legomom, i love rum-raisen!!

I love the WW mini ice-cream pot swirls, they are 77 cals each and you get 4 in a box, 2 toffee and fudge and 2 chocolate brownie.

Also love any of the 99 cals or less Walkers range (french fries, wotsits, squares and quavers).

My absolute favourite treat right now though is a weight watchers warm chocolate sponge and chocolate sauce dessert, for about 180 cals with some soft scoop low fat vanilla ice-cream, adds up to about 220 cals and it is utterly gorgeous. They also do a scrummy toffee sponge one for a few less cals.

Alpen light cereal bars 70ish cals
Walkers French Fries 85 cals
Ryevita Minis 75 cals
M & S COU chocolate mousse 90ish cals (from the 4-pack individual ones are a bit more)
Nairns now do bags of oat bake thins around 100 cals/bag
Malt Loaf 100ish cals per slice (from the ready sliced pack)
Rich tea fingers 25 cals each

I usually stick to fruit snacks during the day but I sometimes like to have an Options hot choc and a biscuit in the evening.

Think of them as snacks rather than treats though.

Legomom that icecream ideas sounds lush!

Lots of ideas there thanks! Is it best to go for low fat or normal fat in cheese, do you think it matters?

I am trying to avoid secifically diet products like the ww cakes because I find they make me crave more, I'm wondering if it is the sweetners?

jayde1148 said:
Legomom that icecream ideas sounds lush!

Lots of ideas there thanks! Is it best to go for low fat or normal fat in cheese, do you think it matters?

I am trying to avoid secifically diet products like the ww cakes because I find they make me crave more, I'm wondering if it is the sweetners?

The full fat cheeses are so delicious..... but very high cal so you only get a little bit. :( The best low fat cheese I've found is called lowlow it's in a yellow packet.
It's still quite creamy and rich but a bit lower. Low fat soft cheeses are all fine to substitute and I honestly can't tell the difference between low an full mozzarella, Philly etc.

Legomom.. I didn't know you could still get those wafers!!!

Skinny Cow double choc ice cream lolly :) 98cals :D

Skinny cow are fab, and their ice cream is so scrummy.
I absolutley love, and am addicted to cadbury low fat chocolate mousses. 62 cals and you truly cannot tell they are diet. I also love special K mini breaks, 99 cals a bag and they taste great. :)

I'm going to have to try those Cadburys moose!!

Re cheese...i get the 'seriously strong' cheddar or Asda's own extra mature. They are really strong so you need much less. I find the low fat cheeses bland...mind you i did try the Catherdral City light at a friends and it was quite nice, i do like strong cheese though.

I'm going to get some this weekend when I do the shop :)

Ooh mini milks!! I used to love those. That's so going on my shopping list!!

Pastrami from tesco is only 18 cals a slice and really lovely on a ryvita or a crispbread with a bit of Philly (or dairylee if your a heathen like me) and sliced tomato :)

Low fat mozzarella and sliced tomato salad is really low too if you can live without the oil :) extra grind of pepper an some fresh basil leaves....yum. I'm naughty and usually add some red onion.

Spaceraider crisps 61cals a bag

99calorie aero biscuits & drifter fingers

2tbsp asda elf Mayo mixed with a bit of curry powder/sweet chilli sauce & carrot/cucumber sticks

Back