500 Calories Fave low cal meals

What are your Fave meals to have on dd ?
Just trying to figure out some meals I can eat with the family and adapt to fit in on a dd
I think I can have some meat and veg and add roast potatoes for the family
A Bolognese home made with extra lean mince and have mine on a bed of beansprouts instead of pasta
Piece of fish and stir fry or steamed veg
Any other ideas ? Don't really want to use ready meals as we don't normally !

I love pesto chicken wraps.

Discovery whole meal wrap: 1 wrap: 109
Pesto : 2tbs: 70
Chicken breast: 1 fillet: 170
Walnut pieces: 15g: 70

Total: 419 calories

I like to slow cook the chicken in a slow cooker with the pesto and half an onion, then eat the wrap cut in half on a bed of rocket. Gorgeous!

Bowl of bolognese with lots of steamed broccolli is a staple for me - quick to cook on getting in from work, thats about 300 calories. Today though I had a whole tin of Heinz tomato soup and three slices of Warburtons Danish loaf (comes to about 405 calories)

Cook from scratch Michael Roux crayfish laska - have only seen in Sainsburys but it's well lush. Coconut milk, crayfish, noodles , & under 300kcal :) If only it wasn't so pricey - only buy when reduced price / on offer

I made a chicken noodle soup on my first dd and it was delish. My serving worked out at 225 cals, as it made 2 portions. The weights I've given here are the exact weights I've used, obvs the calories could go up or down according to how big your chicken breast is etc

These are my ingredients and cals, remember this serves 2.

chicken breast 136g (158 cals)
1 nest of egg noodles (200 cals)
cabbage 100g (24 cals)
Fine green beans 50g (16 cal)
coconut milk 15ml (24 cal)
soy sauce 30 ml (18 cal)
sweet chilli sauce 1tsp (11 cal)
Fresh coriander to top

451 cal for whole lot 225 for half.

Spray a frying pan with a few sprays of frylight and cook a chicken breast for about 5 mins on each side or until done. Then you have to leave it to rest for few mins so it stays nice and juicy. Whilst its cooking you can be getting on with the soup part.

Basically just put about 400mls of boiling chicken stock water into a pan, mince in 2 cloves of garlic, a 1-2cm pice of ginger (grated or finely chopped), a chopped red chilli, and the soy sauce. Heat together for a minute or so to let flavours mingle.

Then add veg to stock, and possibly noodles (some take a few minutes some take up to 9). Cook to your desired level of bite :)

Add the coconut milk and sweet chilli sauce.

Slice chicken breast on the diagonal into thin slices.

Spoon soup into bowl, put half the chicken on top of each serving of soup, ad scatter with coriander.

Just so delicious on an up or down day!

Back