Favour Please?

miss_williams

Could someone do me a favour I use Google Chrome, I'm trying to get the nutritional info for a meal I had at JD Wetherspoons but I can't see it because I don't use Explorer.

Could someone find me the syn value for Bacon Carbonara and Chocolate Fudge Cake please X

Hi Miss Williams
Haven't got the on line tool thingy but just looked in food directory, hasn't got the bacon carbonara but the chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream is......wait for it......41 syns!!!!
Hope this is helpful. :)

Dear God! Whoops!

Lol, its a bit late for praying. lol.
Surely you're allowed to treat yourself once in a while!

:thread_moved: to Eating Out

Whats a fexi syn day emma-louise please?
I'm new to this!
:)

hey spuds :) im not an expert but ill try and explain as best as i can!

a flexi syn day is a day where you are allowed to exceed the usual daily recommended syn allowance (ie. 5-15) you're not supposed to do it regularly its mainly for special occasions like if you have a wedding or a big event where you cant really control what you're going to be eating as much as you'd like to. the idea is that you set yourself a syn limit beforehand, it could be 30, 50, whatever you like but the idea is that once you set your syn limit you have to stick to it - that way you at least have some control.

you're not supposed to decide afterwards that it was a flexi syn day like i suggested to miss williams (i was being a bit naughty dont tell anyone!:rolleyes:) the whole point of it really is that its to give you some control when you need it to keep you from going off plan all together, its not a way to excuse having a random binge :p or in miss williams case falling pray to wetherspoons choc fudge cake :( its is very easily done mind.... naughty wetherspoons!!

hope that was clear xx

Dont you worry, I'll keep it between me and you emma-louise!
So would you not suggest saving syns up then. I was hoping to save some throughout the week to have a couple (o.k maybe more) drinks of the alcoholic type on a friday and saturday. Not sure if i should be doing that.

Dont you worry, I'll keep it between me and you emma-louise!
So would you not suggest saving syns up then. I was hoping to save some throughout the week to have a couple (o.k maybe more) drinks of the alcoholic type on a friday and saturday. Not sure if i should be doing that.

its a difficult thing really because you tend to get conflicting advice from everywhere, i dont go to a group but most people on Minimins seem to agree that its absolutely fine to save up your syns for the weekend or whatever, but that you still need to have an absolute minimum of 5 syns per day.

so for example, if you usually allow yourself 10 syns per day, if you want to save them up for the weekend, you have 5 syns every day during the week and then at the weekend you have 25 extra syns to play with rather than 50 extra? i really hope this makes sense, im sorry if its not very clear :(

i think its something to do with the fact that if you're good all week and then have a "blowout" at the weekend, 50 syns over 2 days is going to do a lot more damage than just 25 in such a short space of time? especially relevant if your weigh in day is a monday or tuesday like mine... :rolleyes:

i tend to go easy on the syns most days staying at about 8-10 and then if i do want to have a drink or be a bit indulgent at the weekend then i can do so, without it impacting on my loss, i have a food diary in the food diary sub forum if you'd like to have a look :) xx

Thanks emma-louise, makes perfect sense, even at 1 in the morning!!
I will take a sneekypeek at your food diary if you don't mind.
Thanks for the advice.
:)

Joining this discussion late but it says clearly on the SW that you can save your syns and use them weekly rather than daily. You need to be okay with not having very many on some days though to make up for those where you have more than 15.

Back