Favourite Breakfast--Whats yours??

I had a lovely big pile of bacon and 2 poached eggs yesterday, all on top of a pile of wilted spinach to make it 'legal' on EE. Delicious!

Another favourite is mixed fresh fruit (today's was raspberries, pear, grapes and Galia melon) topped with a spoonful of cottage cheese. It all depends what I feel like when I first wake up in the morning!

Oooooh i have so many lol but my top 3 has Gotta be a sw full english, loaded american hash browns, or Baked eggs with fried onions & some heinz BBQ beans. :D

louise56 said:
I had a lovely big pile of bacon and 2 poached eggs yesterday, all on top of a pile of wilted spinach to make it 'legal' on EE. Delicious!

Ooooh that sounds gorgeous and yet so simple, can't believe I haven't even thought of that! I might have that tomorrow ....

furrystomper said:
Oooooh i have so many lol but my top 3 has Gotta be a sw full english, loaded american hash browns, or Baked eggs with fried onions & some heinz BBQ beans. :D

What are the loaded American hash brown? Sounds very interesting :) x

What are the loaded American hash brown? Sounds very interesting :) x

Free on Green (if using bacon and cheese as HEX's) and EE Serves 2

3 large Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes
4 spring onions, chopped
170g lean bacon (raw weight), cooked and chopped (HEX B)
84g Cathedral City Light mature cheese, grated (HEX A or B)

1) Peel the potatoes, rinse and then coarsely grate. Using paper towel or tea cloth, squeeze out excess liquid. Preheat grill.

2) Heat a large frying pan and spray with Butter FryLight. Press the shredded potatoes into the pan, spreading it so it's the diameter of the pan (like a pancake). Season with salt & pepper.

3) Once golden underneath (will take about 10 mins), flip onto a plate, spray pan with more FryLight and transfer back to the pan to cook the other side. Cook for another 10 mins or until golden.

4) Scatter the spring onions and bacon over the 'pancake' and sprinkle with the cheese. Pop under the grill until melted and golden.

5) Cut in half and dollop with very low fat fromage frais. Serve with baked beans and 'fried' eggs.

furrystomper said:

4 spring onions, chopped

1) Peel the potatoes, rinse and then coarsely grate. Using paper towel or tea cloth, squeeze out excess liquid. Preheat grill.

2) Heat a large frying pan and spray with Butter FryLight. Press the shredded potatoes into the pan, spreading it so it's the diameter of the pan (like a pancake). Season with salt & pepper.

3) Once golden underneath (will take about 10 mins), flip onto a plate, spray pan with more FryLight and transfer back to the pan to cook the other side. Cook for another 10 mins or until golden.

4) Scatter the spring onions and bacon over the 'pancake' and sprinkle with the cheese. Pop under the grill until melted and golden.

5) Cut in half and dollop with very low fat fromage frais. Serve with baked beans and 'fried' eggs.

Omg that sounds AMAZING! Def one for me to try this week. Yummy thanks x

4 spring onions, chopped

oh how tasty that will be, must try this this week, thank you!:)

I love porridge made up with water, milk or half and half, topped with 1 tblsp maple syrup and chopped strawberries...yum!! :)

4 spring onions, chopped

Does this serve two just new and looking at the cheese, I'm on EE thanks

Does this serve two just new and looking at the cheese, I'm on EE thanks

It serves 2 hun, if you wanted it just for one then you would need to reduce the cheese to 42g :D if u are on the ExtraEasy plan.

This is my favourite breakfast! Homemade bircher muesli!
9b1b7133.png

I also love alpen light summer fruits broken up and topped with 2% greek yogurt (0.5) and 2 tsp honey (2) and lots of chopped strawberries. It's like a fruit crumble lol

And for cooked breakfasts my absolute fave is "fried" egg on toast spread with laughing cow light and topped with a dollop of ketchup. Yummeh!

Back