Favourite healthy extras ?

gobolino

Gold Member
Hi Everyone

I know alot of people (me included) stick to the same healthy extras, when really there are loads out there to experiment with, so what are your favourites ?

Healthy A's and Healthy B's ???

I love my milk for my A, and my fibre bar for my B.

Sometimes I like Scanbran for a wee change.

I always have milk and 3 light Baby bels as my Hexa.
Hexb varies but generally Alpen light bars, Olive Oil, Meat when on green and Pots when on a red!

One word! Weetabix! but whati tend to do is go through the hex list and try to try new stuff when the old runs out! e.g Say I'm eating high fibre bran mand the box is nearly done, I buy a type of cereal iv never tried before!

Some times its not always a different type of hex you need to try sometimes its just the wasy you use it!

I like to use shreddies (28g + 1 ryvita= 1 hexb) and use some choc and marshmallows to make sweeties then have the ryvita with some jam on while i make them!!!

After all variety is the spice of life!

My HexA's are usually 42g reduced fat cheese and my HexB's are nearly always weetabix, alpen lights or WW brown danish. I have been known to have cashew nuts for my stirfry though.

I do Red Days so am allowed 2 of each, one B is always a hi-fi/fibre plus bar for brekkie, the other one is usually for wholemeal pasta/new potatoes.

I struggle with A's as dairy makes me poorly :confused: Most of one is usually used up adding milk to tea.

Some fab ideas on here though, Fray - how many cashews can you have for a HEB?

Emma xxx

I do Red Days so am allowed 2 of each, one B is always a hi-fi/fibre plus bar for brekkie, the other one is usually for wholemeal pasta/new potatoes.

I struggle with A's as dairy makes me poorly :confused: Most of one is usually used up adding milk to tea.

Some fab ideas on here though, Fray - how many cashews can you have for a HEB?

Emma xxx

Sorry Emma hun they are only a hex b on a green day :( but you could have 20 whole ones unslated un roasted for a hex b

I've only just discovered Alpen Light bars but the choc orange flavour are about to become my fav B. I also like Pagen Krisprolls as a change from Ryvita (dark rye) or a wholemeal roll. Sometimes I have tinned pears.

HEXA choice is usually 28g hard cheese or 5 laughing cows but I will have skimmed milk on the rare days I have cereal as my HEXB

Besides the obvious, my favourites are:

4 dark rye ryvita with 5 blue cheese laughing cow deli, topped with slices apple (1b and 1a)
3 pagen krispbreads topped with chopped egg and bacon (1b and free on ee/red)
2 slices hexb bread topped with sliced tomatoes, 42g reduced fat cheddar, fresh basil and dried oregano then put under a grill for 'toast pizza'

and don't forget the cooked fruit:
227g cooking apple filled with 1 tablespoon sweet mincemeat and baked then served with 0% greek yogurt (1b and free)
141g apple and 141g rhubarb cooked with some sweetner and served topped with a crumbled up alpen light bar (2 x half hexb= 1 b choice) topped with fat free vanilla yogurt- a SW rhubarb and apple crumble!

xxx

Lots of ideas !!! My favourites at the moment are:
A- milk (mostly in tea, but I do like going without tea some days and having it as a latte instead).
B- walnuts (6 walnut halves =HB) I like these crushed on top of some light greek yog with honey (1 tsp=1syn).

I do feel a bit in a rut with these though, so I'm going to try some different ones, will have a browse through my book later.

Back