Favourite porridge?

oats so simple with half a pack of funsized choc buttons (HEA + 2 syns for the buttons) weekend treat, and yummmmmyyy.

its yummy annnddd you have half a packet of buttons left to enjoy with a cuppa watching the telly later on, or save them up and in 7 days you have a yummy bowl of buttons for 12syns :D x

which you can melt and dip fruit in or eat htem as the are, i put them in the fridge so they are cold and last longer if im just eating them.

Good thread!

I have always eaten Oatso Simple as I love porridge but don't have time for scales and measuring jugs in the morning. Having read this thread, I have today bought a kilo of oats in Aldi for 99p. That works out at less than 3p per serving and is about 6 times less than the Oatso Simple :eek: Just worked out that the oats and milk can be measured perfectly in two of my Rosemary Conley measuring cups so no need for scales or jugs yaay! Just hope it tastes nice :D

silly sausage said:
Good thread!

I have always eaten Oatso Simple as I love porridge but don't have time for scales and measuring jugs in the morning. Having read this thread, I have today bought a kilo of oats in Aldi for 99p. That works out at less than 3p per serving and is about 6 times less than the Oatso Simple :eek: Just worked out that the oats and milk can be measured perfectly in two of my Rosemary Conley measuring cups so no need for scales or jugs yaay! Just hope it tastes nice :D

Yep:) so cheap! Porridge is my favourite breakfast. It's the only thing that keeps the hunger pangs at bay between breakfast and morning break too. I'm keen on trying it with grated apple & cinnamon and I think I'll definitely be trying the choc buttons as a weekend treat. Yummy.

A 1kg bag lasts me a couple of months!

I was away for the weekend so couldn't reply to the question about Scott's, but I see everyone else has!!

Sorry I didn't spell it correctly.

Scott's (not Scots) Old Fashioned Porage Oats. No idea why "porage" and not "porridge"! I like it because the oats are not so finely milled as other brands, and it gives a better texture.

AnnaFaraday said:
I was away for the weekend so couldn't reply to the question about Scott's, but I see everyone else has!!

Sorry I didn't spell it correctly.

Scott's (not Scots) Old Fashioned Porage Oats. No idea why "porage" and not "porridge"! I like it because the oats are not so finely milled as other brands, and it gives a better texture.

I wondered about the weird spelling too... Maybe it's a Scottish thing? Lol!

Sillysausage I do the same, 1oz porridge is exactly 1/4 cup and a 1/2 cup of semi skimmed milk is 120ml so roughly half a HEX. Its a lot easier than weighing :D

Honeyoc said:
I wondered about the weird spelling too... Maybe it's a Scottish thing? Lol!

Sillysausage I do the same, 1oz porridge is exactly 1/4 cup and a 1/2 cup of semi skimmed milk is 120ml so roughly half a HEX. Its a lot easier than weighing :D

I did not know that! i always got oatsosimple because it was so handy to measure the milk with the empty sachet.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have five mini ziplock bags that I use for cereals, each have 28g in so I can have variety if I want it. I reuse the bags so not much cost involved. Mind you I take them to work and eat there.

Having said that I only eat cereal at most twice a week!!

I have a huge issue about using my HEA and HEB first thing in the morning. So i raised it at class and a woman in class told me this, make your porridge up with a fat free yog, add a little water, and microwave for 2mins, then youve saved your HEA :D

i tried to do a green day, and messed it up lol. ive only just got the hang of ee, and the OH is a carnivore, so its just easier to do EE. Thankyou though i may venture into the days of green in a few weeks :D

mavis1988 said:
i tried to do a green day, and messed it up lol. ive only just got the hang of ee, and the OH is a carnivore, so its just easier to do EE. Thankyou though i may venture into the days of green in a few weeks :D

I first did SW back in the days before EE and this time around I'm still doing green days, can't cope with only 2 HEXs and the 1/3 sf rule! Know what you mean about getting your head around a new plan, I felt like that on the couple of occassions I've tried an EE day. Just find I get too hungry!

Back