Favourite sachets/Bars?

Bethiee

Turning my Jigglypuff into Wigglytuff.
Hi
Still new to this diet and wanted people's opinions/tips/advice on what are your favourite packs, how do you make them more tasty and how have you stopped wanting to eat junk?

I have tried the following:
Carbonara- good with black pepper and garlic powder
Beef black bean pot - soy sauce helps
Sweet and sour noodles - like the sauce but hate the texture
Spaghetti bol- Flavour is ok but find the "meat" pieces didn't really reabsorb moisture so very gritty.
Pizza- Weird gummy texture of the dough and tomato sauce really gross.
Banana shake - best with ice and ice cold water, made that way it's delicious and my favourite shake
Strawberry shake - really "proteiny" in taste. Iv tried adding more water to dilute it out but isn't working.
Vanilla shake - been using these in making iced coffees in the blender. Love it!
Caramel crunch bars - awesome, nice flavour, texture and gives chocolate craving a little silencing.
Toffee nut raisin bars- Favourite bar, really balanced in taste and texture. Almost like a trackers bar.
Lemon bar - Really strong fake lemon taste, smells almost like my washing up liquid so puts me off.
Peanut butter bar - Not very strong in peanut taste but the dark chocolate coating and almost fudge texture makes it good to munch on the sofa.
Hot cross bun bar- Like eating cold buttered toast mashed into a brick with raisins in it. Great first taste. Then really goes down hill with every bite.

Been trying sugar free mints, making ice lollies out of the water flavourings, drinking 2-3 litres a day of water but there must be other stuff to make all Exante easier.

Any info appreciated!

I like the curry rice as the spices aren't too bad in it.

I want to try:
Shepards pie
Pancakes + syrup
Chocolate gooey pudding

The mushroom soup has mixed reviews from what I'm reading, might buy one in the future.

Pea and ham soup seems good but i'm just not a soup fan in general!

Hey Bethiee, nice list.

My favourites are Vanilla shake, and Chocolate shake, and Chocolate mint shake.

Stuff to make exante easier, yeah i'd love to know too :D i think it's difficult at first just purely due to mental cravings. Funny thing i just finished day 2 (but did it years ago for 2.5 months) and dont feel hungry at all (drinking alot of water) but i so wanted to order chinese last two days but only recently realised its because i want to the experience of eating nice food not because im hungry. Interesting that. Anyway if you find a magic bullet let me know!

Good luck with your journey!

My favourites soups and meals are: Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato soup, the Ham, Pasta and Mushroom Soup, Thai Red Chicken Soup and Pasta Carbonara. I tend to use plenty of black pepper or a few drops of Encona Hot sauce in them. I also add more water to the soups to help with my water intake. I have a problem with them boiling over or tasting odd in the microwave so I make the Pasta Carbonara and the Ham, Pasta and Mushroom soup in a small saucepan. I use cold water and let it sit for about five minutes before heating up, because the pasta expands more and seems more filling that way.

I make up the chocolate shake with water that has boiled a couple of minutes before, then blitz it with a wand blender, and add more hot water to taste. Yummy. I do the same thing with the vanilla but add about half a teaspoon of cinnamon to the mixture. Other people add coffee granules but I don't like lattes so it's not for me.

My favourite cold ones are the Banana shake and the Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie and the Coconut shake. I make these up with a ice, cold water and blitz with the stick blender. I tend to make them bigger than the standard 200ml to help with my intake with water. Depending how much ice you use, they can be a lovely milkshake or a snow cone type.

If you like Bounty bars, try making up a half sachet of coconut shake and a half sachet of Chocolate shake. It's delicious. I weigh the powder out on electronic scales to get the proportions right, and also so I have the right amount left for the following day.

I tend to stay away from the puddings. I had the chocolate gooey pudding and another one (salted caramel?) but I found I needed some plain yoghurt or something with them and they weren't as satisfying. I'm trying to wean myself away from cakes and puddings in the long term so I won't order them again.

The nut, toffee and raisin bar is lovely. The old chunky version was better in terms of flavour and crunch, but for me it is still the best bar, followed by the chocolate and orange bar. They are the original Exante bars, before all the rest were introduced, but in my opinion still the best.

I've tried most of the meals, soups and shakes and many of the bars. A lot of the meals like Shepherd's Pie, Spaghetti Bol and Chilli con Carne have an odd taste. You need to add plenty of flavour to them which I do with black pepper, garlic or onion granules, Worcestershire Sauce, Geo Watkins Mushroom sauce or Encona hot sauce. You have to be careful what you add so you don't go out of Ketosis. They are best if you let them stand in water for about five-10 minutes before heating.

I also like the breakfast eggs, although I know many people don't. I make them up with probably one and half times the amount of water, let them stand for 5-10 minutes, add some black pepper or Encona hot sauce and put them in a saucepan to make scrambled eggs. If you aren't using a non-stick pan, use a spray of that one calorie spray. I sometimes get a couple of chive stalks or a small sprig of parsley, chop that up and put it in. Makes a nice change for breakfast.

Last edited:
I really like the vanilla shakes - simple but effective! I've only been on exact for 2 weeks but I've been starting my day with those. However I've ran out now. Also the almond milk & vanilla shake. The mint choice shake is really minty if you like that sort of thing. Chocolate was ok. I've bought a blender and have found that using ice and really cold water makes the shakes lovely. I think I like them too much!

Am trying the porridge oats tonight.

I've been making a list of things I *don't* like so that I don't re-order them.

Sausage mix - horrid. Nearly sick.
Shepherds pie - even more horrid.
Berries shake. Just weird.
Lemon cheesecake smoothie has the weirdest flavour ever. I couldn't finish it.
Red thai chicken soup - smelt lovely but tasted like protein (the aftertaste of some of the shakes has this). Again I couldn't finish it.

I really like the vanilla shakes - simple but effective! I've only been on exact for 2 weeks but I've been starting my day with those. However I've ran out now. Also the almond milk & vanilla shake. The mint choice shake is really minty if you like that sort of thing. Chocolate was ok. I've bought a blender and have found that using ice and really cold water makes the shakes lovely. I think I like them too much!

Am trying the porridge oats tonight.

I've been making a list of things I *don't* like so that I don't re-order them.

Sausage mix - horrid. Nearly sick.
Shepherds pie - even more horrid.
Berries shake. Just weird.
Lemon cheesecake smoothie has the weirdest flavour ever. I couldn't finish it.
Red thai chicken soup - smelt lovely but tasted like protein (the aftertaste of some of the shakes has this). Again I couldn't finish it.

Isn't funny how different people like different things. I don't like the strawberry shake at all but I love the banana. Chocolate is good made into a hot chocolate but add more hot water otherwise it's gloopy. I like the lemon cheesecake smoothie which I also make with loads of ice and chilled water and blitz it. I liked the old Thai Chicken soup better than the Red Thai soup but I still quite like it. I add some Encona hot pepper sauce and extra boiling water. I agree about the Shepherd's Pie. Horrible. I bought both the sausage mix and burger mix and hated them until I started adding the Encona hot sauce, fresh herbs and a small bit of tomato paste. Still not great but palatable. I think the hot sauce zings so much it disguises the original flavour.

Back