Favourite SW meal!

law3a3m

Gold Member
So it's a new year and a new start for me! I've gone horrifically off plan for 3 weeks and have gained a disgraceful 8lbs! A fresh start, a new group (I've moved house so had to change group) and new mindset is what's needed.
I was wondering what everyone's favourite SW meal is- for inspiration really to make sure I stick to it with new ideas.
Mine is probably the hunter's chicken (chicken breast smothered in syn free BBQ sauce, bacon and cheese) with roast potatoes and green beans

Xx

My mum gave me the slimming world recipe for kabab meat, its lovely and the boyfriend likes it too. Feels like a take away but syn free (unless you have a pitta bread). I might do this tomorrow evening as I wanted to cook something a bit special lol.

Would be interested to see everyones favorite meals as I'm starting sw this week, hopefully this time I'll change for good :)

my fave meal ever is pizza.... i love having butternut squash chips... then getting 2 slices of wholemeal bread (heb) put some tomato puree on and 40g reduced fat red Leicester (hea) chop up some mushrooms and put on some chilli flakes. cook... there ya go pizza and chips hehe

i usually use a syn or two for mayo :D xx

My fave at the minute is a weird one, diet coke chicken with peppers onions and chillis in, on top of Stirfry veg with low day cheese grated on its amazing!

My fave at the minute is a weird one, diet coke chicken with peppers onions and chillis in, on top of Stirfry veg with low day cheese grated on its amazing!

Mmm this sounds really nice! I mainly do extra easy so would maybe have rice with it but I would never have thought of adding cheese!

My favourite.. Oh so many... Lemon Chicken with fried rice from the October SW magazine is a very popular choice... And a particular winter favourite is the Steak and Mushroom pie from the SW website, except we dislike mushrooms so we changed it for shallots and last time we cooked it we added a glass of red wine and wow!!!

Quorn chilli served in taco trays (2 syns each) with salad, cheese, plain yogurt (works well as a sour cream sub) and guacamole (syns vary but around 1.5 syn per tbsp). I normally have two of the trays and make some spicy rice to go with. Just lovely! :D

Quorn chilli served in taco trays (2 syns each) with salad, cheese, plain yogurt (works well as a sour cream sub) and guacamole (syns vary but around 1.5 syn per tbsp). I normally have two of the trays and make some spicy rice to go with. Just lovely! :D

Please share the tacos with me as I don't know what they are or what they look like xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My mum gave me the slimming world recipe for kabab meat, its lovely and the boyfriend likes it too. Feels like a take away but syn free (unless you have a pitta bread). I might do this tomorrow evening as I wanted to cook something a bit special lol.

Would be interested to see everyones favorite meals as I'm starting sw this week, hopefully this time I'll change for good :)

That sounds nice, where would I find the recipe?

That sounds nice, where would I find the recipe?

Just found the email mum sent me. This is how we make it, there's a dip mum makes too but I have never tried it (yet!)

Donor Kebab Meat (syn free)

Ingrediants

1 teaspoon plain flour 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 500g lamb mince

Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180c/350f

In a large bowl combine the flour,dried oregano,dried Italian herbs,garlic powder,onion powder,cayenne pepper,salt and black pepper.

Add the mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Punch and knead until extremely smooth.

shape Into a loaf and place on baking tray.

Bake In the middle of the oven for 1 hour 20 mins, turning It over halfway through to ensure even cooking.

I cover mine with foil once edges start to go crisp.

Once cooled slice very thinly.

Tzatziki Dip (syn free)

1/2 cucumber 2 or 3 cloves garlic lemon juice 200g pot of fat free greek yoghurt black pepper

Crush garlic. put In yoghurt, add lemon juice (probably about a tablespoon) and black pepper

Chop cucumber Into small dices and add to yoghurt mixture.

My fave is Thai curry, made with red pepper, red onion, garlic, sugar snap peas, baby corn, mushrooms, chicken, all cooked in chicken stock and the green or red thai curry paste, then a coconut and vanilla muller stirred in at the end. Served with rice, the jars of paste or 1 syn per tbsp, I usually use a dessert spoon full though.

Just found the email mum sent me. This is how we make it, there's a dip mum makes too but I have never tried it (yet!)

Donor Kebab Meat (syn free)

Ingrediants

1 teaspoon plain flour 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 500g lamb mince

Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180c/350f

In a large bowl combine the flour,dried oregano,dried Italian herbs,garlic powder,onion powder,cayenne pepper,salt and black pepper.

Add the mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Punch and knead until extremely smooth.

shape Into a loaf and place on baking tray.

Bake In the middle of the oven for 1 hour 20 mins, turning It over halfway through to ensure even cooking.

I cover mine with foil once edges start to go crisp.

Once cooled slice very thinly.

Thanks for that :) how many does it serve? Sorry to be a pain!

Quorn mince in sauce made with peppers, onion, mushrooms, garlic and tinned tomatoes with lots of seasoning / herbs / spices (plus a beef oxo cube or two to make it taste more meaty - I'm not a vegetarian) put in a casserole dish and topped with some Batchelors Pasta n sauce, mild cheese & broccoli, (made with just water instead of milk & butter free on green) and a HEx of half fat cheese and cooked in the oven til golden. Yum

I love quorn spag Bol, fave stodgy meal and an easy one after weigh in is jacket potato with cheese and barbecue beans with quorn chicken nuggets. Just discovered pastry-less quiche and its lovely and a good way to get lots of super free in! My mam did a broth in the slow cooker last week and that was beautiful too, ham stock cubes, loads of sliced leeks and carrots and broth cereal mix easy peasy and so filling! Going to get her to make that lots cos I can even take that to work for lunches.

Another fave is a made up recipe by us! Frozen chicken breast cubes or strips, lots of sliced mushrooms and onions, put it all in a casserole dish with some Schwartz shaker whatever variety you want we use Cajun and a bit of barbecue as well ( they're all free). Par boil some chips. When everything's ready pop it all in the oven together I have a fan oven and put the casserole dish on the bottom and the Chips on the top shelf and it all cooks in about 30-40 mins. I serve this with salad but you could do it with some syn free coleslaw aswell! Even an asda whole meal pitta if you have a hexb left

this sounds yum! I've never done the sticky chicken recipe

Last edited:
Mine is what they call the mince beef hash in the cookbook but it is really a decsonstructed cottage pie. My family are all mad on it. I'd never made anything with cumin before and now it is one of my favourite flavours!

Back