Favourite SW meal!

Here is my favourite recipe, we have it every week!

Pete’s Peanut Curry (Revisited)

(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)

Not suitable for people with nut allergies

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder
1tbsp tomato puree (s) (sff)
1tbsp sweetener
2 Garlic cloves (sff)
2cm Ginger, grated
2tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter 9syns/2=4.5syns each person
200mL hot water
150g Pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion, pepper, garlic, ginger & chilli until soft.
Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder & coriander, cook for 2 minutes with the lid on, then add the chicken, tomatoes & sweetener, cook for 10 mins. Make up stock with the stockpot + the water & add the tomato puree to the pan, mix well. Reduce the heat when boiling, simmer for 10 mins then add the peanut butter, mix well and continue to simmer for another 10 mins.
Serve with rice & side salad, sprinkle coriander if required.

Peanut Curry (Small).JPG

Forgot my fave curry recipe from my fave cookbook! Cheap and easy to cook :)

Potato-Spinach Curry (from Appetite for Reduction)

1 tbsp mustard seeds
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (chilli flakes)
2 plum tomatoes, chopped (I used tinned)
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups vegetable stock
2 pounds potato, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 pound chopped frozen spinach
1 tbsp lime juice

Preheat pan and add frylight. Add mustard seeds, put lid on and let them pop for a minute (if they don't pop, turn the heat up!). Add onions and cook for 5 mins. Add more frylight as needed. Add garlic, ginger and pepper flakes and cook for another minutes. Add tomatoes (this should deglaze the pan) and cook for 3 mins, then add curry powder, cumin and salt. Add potatoes and stock (it's ok if they aren't fully covered by the stock). Put the lid on and bring to the boil, once boiling lower heat to a simmer and cook for 15 mins. Add spinach and cook for 5 mins or until spinach is thawed. Mix well and cool for another 10 mins. Add lime juice, more spice to taste and serve.

Nom!

Attachments

• image-2022417330.jpg
    image-2022417330.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 85
Creamy curry all the way for me - and it seems to really boost my weight loss when Ihave it too - its the cauliflower one x

Quorn mince in sauce made with peppers, onion, mushrooms, garlic and tinned tomatoes with lots of seasoning / herbs / spices (plus a beef oxo cube or two to make it taste more meaty - I'm not a vegetarian) put in a casserole dish and topped with some Batchelors Pasta n sauce, mild cheese & broccoli, (made with just water instead of milk & butter free on green) and a HEx of half fat cheese and cooked in the oven til golden. Yum

Do you cook the pasta n sauce as normal first, or just mix it together?

Do you cook the pasta n sauce as normal first, or just mix it together?

I cook it up first (using just water - no milk or butter) then put it as a thin layer over the top of the mince, and the grated cheese in top of that. Bit like cheaty lasagne.

I cook it up first (using just water - no milk or butter) then put it as a thin layer over the top of the mince, and the grated cheese in top of that. Bit like cheaty lasagne.

Mmm it sounds lush and I've got a bag of quorn mince in the freezer I bought when it was on offer but didn't know what to use it with. What herbs do you use? X

So it's a new year and a new start for me! I've gone horrifically off plan for 3 weeks and have gained a disgraceful 8lbs! A fresh start, a new group (I've moved house so had to change group) and new mindset is what's needed.
I was wondering what everyone's favourite SW meal is- for inspiration really to make sure I stick to it with new ideas.
Mine is probably the hunter's chicken (chicken breast smothered in syn free BBQ sauce, bacon and cheese) with roast potatoes and green beans

Xx

Hey, im new to SW started last wed, getting great ideas from here, what is the syn free bbq sauce? X

It's 8floz passata
3tbsps balsamic vinegar
3tbsps artificial sweetener
1tbsp Worcester sauce
0.5tsp mustard powder
1tsp mild chilli powder
Onion

Chop onion finely and fry with chilli powder for about 5mins
Add all other ingredients, bring to boil then simmer until it thickens (about 15mins)
The onion is optional, could use a teaspoon of onion salt if the texture of a chopped onion isn't what you want

Back