Favourite Takeaway Food.....

ZoBo

Silver Member
.....when on Atkins of course?

Chinese
Indian
Mcd's
Nandos

Am having a "takeaway" on sat and struggling with ideas away from the norm of kebab meat and tandoori. Any ideas?x

when we've had chinese I've been getting a spring roll and salt and pepper spare ribs and I doesnt knock me out of ketosis! :)

Oooh, salt and pepper spare ribs are lovely! I usually just get plain spare ribs and some sort of foo yung (sp?) and it doesnt do me any damage. Occasionally steal a bit of my OH's salt and pepper chicken. Love the stuff but I'm sure the batter is deadly! lol!

Chicken kebab not pitta bread is the usual. Haven't dared buy the spare ribs (also a favourite) but I will now to try....

macdonalds - burgers without the bun :D if you go on their site you can find nutritional info for just the burgers. I had quarter pounder last week just took the bun away . was yummy!

oh and nandos is fab - have as much chicken as you like and the salad :D

Oooh, I do that too. I like the double cheeseburges without the buns! Had them the other week - pretty tasty! :)

Chinese - chop suey or foo yung
Indian - anything from the tandoor.

i've never had chop suey, whats its like? does it not have a cornflour/sugar sauce?

2x Bacon double cheeseburgers no buns from Burger King!

2x double cheeseburgers no buns from MCD.

Although one thing i've learnt from this diet, I could buy a nice piece of fillet steak, some button mushrooms and some garlic butter for the same price!

Would be nandos - but then have to collect it:(
so then chinese crispy duck delivered - dump the pancakes and sauce - have duck, sping onion and cucumber with mayo. Yum:D

Gotta say nandos or shish kebab! Yum yum!

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

I've never tried Nando's, but you're all really making me want some! lol!

nandos is lush :) i had the mcd new york burger last night just took the bun away. NOM NOM ;)

nandos is great. You can also get prego steaks and chicken livers (a personal fave of mine). Not really takeaway in my book though, as they don't deliver...

Just finished up my dinner - nandos chicken, cauli rice, spinach and mayo mixed with a bit of passata and garlic. Life is good;)

Not takeaway - but someone has just suggested meeting at wagamama for a lunch. Now i think that i'm pretty good at finding the right thing to eat but have a feeling that might be impossible!!! Any thoughts? Otherwise will try to divert them....;)

Yeah it's all noodles ain't it? Bit hard to pick out the minscule bits of chicken. Actually, one thing I have realised since doing Atkins is how mean they are with meat when you order something like that, it's all bulked out with pasta or noodles...

Do they do a grill?

Back