Extra Easy fear that SW isnt going to work !

I cant believe the amount of food we can eat on this plan - so just be patient and stick with it, it will work for you. If your going to a class the consultant will tell you if you attend for 4 weeks (I think it is) and dont lose they will refund your money. They have not refunded yet lol.

Could you still make a diary and maybe post some pics of your meals. Be careful with your meats as I noticed your mince is not extra lean so more syns

yeah it gets difficult when someone else cooks, but seen as i hadnt syned all day i thought id be ok that day and as shes an experieced SLIMMER i thought id be ok. i have her books and am dong my best to snack on superfoods.

apart from that day does it look ok.?

Meerkat_Nat
Good for you for having the determination and looking into things at the beginning I have to admit I was 2 stone heavier before I joined although after first week I nearly gave up!!
Like yourself I was in a habit of eating nothing very substantial ! Except a main meal at dinner time ! Therefore when I saw how much you could eat I thought I could never get away with that!
At 1st WI I had sustained ?& others that had started had massive losses but my C said I was not eating enough Since then I have eaten a lot more & lost every week except when ill which resulted in gains!! All because I hadn't been eating enough.
If you're like myself I can not eat a massive meal and quite often have about 5 small snack meals but I always make sure that throughout the day I have 1/3 of what I eat in SF so if 3 meals is not for you adapt the plan to your lifestyle but do not forget the 1/3 SF (look at your day as a whole)
Easy ways to do this is to prepare ahead I always like to have a tub of fresh fruit salad which I can place in a bowl with FF Yog another is Pre prepared salad just to throw on a plate the other is SF soup all these can be done cheaply if you make from scratch
But if they are ready prepared in your fridge you'll op for them just as easily as you would a choc biscuit!
Hope that's a bit of help but believe me you do not loose weight by eating too little !! As strange as it sounds as your body goes into starving mode & holds on to as much of the calories you've eaten as it can
Good luck
Bx

Meerkat_Nat
Good for you for having the determination and looking into things at the beginning I have to admit I was 2 stone heavier before I joined although after first week I nearly gave up!!
Like yourself I was in a habit of eating nothing very substantial ! Except a main meal at dinner time ! Therefore when I saw how much you could eat I thought I could never get away with that!
At 1st WI I had sustained ?& others that had started had massive losses but my C said I was not eating enough Since then I have eaten a lot more & lost every week except when ill which resulted in gains!! All because I hadn't been eating enough.
If you're like myself I can not eat a massive meal and quite often have about 5 small snack meals but I always make sure that throughout the day I have 1/3 of what I eat in SF so if 3 meals is not for you adapt the plan to your lifestyle but do not forget the 1/3 SF (look at your day as a whole)
Easy ways to do this is to prepare ahead I always like to have a tub of fresh fruit salad which I can place in a bowl with FF Yog another is Pre prepared salad just to throw on a plate the other is SF soup all these can be done cheaply if you make from scratch
But if they are ready prepared in your fridge you'll op for them just as easily as you would a choc biscuit!
Hope that's a bit of help but believe me you do not loose weight by eating too little !! As strange as it sounds as your body goes into starving mode & holds on to as much of the calories you've eaten as it can
Good luck
Bx

to be fair ive been dong alot of that, i prepare/plan what i will be eating for the next day, fruit salad and yogurt is a good one for me, which ive done a few times and salad etc. ill just see how i go.....

:wow:
you have all really helped me today, great advice and support from you all
very much appreciated and you have all filled me with enthusiasm!
i cannot thank you all enough xxxxxxx:banana dancer:i will soon b slimmer and happier :thankyou:

Keep going and you'll c the results just make sure you eat enough that's my main advice as I fell into that catagory Now I know why I gained weight to begin with By trying to be too good!
Keep in touch Bx

Yes you have to eat quite a lot, well until full and no more than that. And it has to be the right sort of food as well. Fill up on superfree, thats the first port of call, then free foods. Also make sure you have your syns, they are important and are there to be used. Also, weigh and measure your healthy extras acurately. Although at target, I still do this every day. And the most important thing - enjoy! :)

Iam in the same, a lifelong male dieter wo finds himself heavier than ever. I have in the past been a very successful VLCD participant who successfully put it all on. Sitting here with my wife discussing as it look like my weight loss in the first week of Sw isn't marvellous but there again as I have just said to her that even a marginal loss is reasonable, the options are to do nothing at all and marginally gain every year until I am a shut in!

It takes some of us years to get into the state we are in, I think it's a bit unreasonable to expect that the undoing of those years can be achieved overnight. If we stay realistic and take it a week at a time and even lose weight marginally then that is an achievement.

good luck all

bigmeeky, I really love your post and so very true. My husband is doing S W and he lost 1 lb this week and maintained last week, his losses are generally 1lb, but as you say it took a long time to get to where his weight was when he started S W and as he said himself, he is in for the long haul! My losses were only about 1/2 to 1 lb per week but I have got to and kept within target for 12 months. It really is the way to go!And as you say every tiny loss is an achievement. I always say "a dripping tap fills a bucket" :)

Big meeky, I love your post too! My first week I lost 1lb whereas on VLCD probably about 7lb! BUT the very big difference is that I am loving this! And I hated VLCD- it made me depressed and miserable. This is amazing. I eat lots, am never hungry, eat out and remain totally in control so even although I've a lot to lose and it will take me 4 times longer than VLCD, I'm loving every meal and none of it whatsoever has been a hardship; because I am full, I no longer crave unhealthy foods. Every day is a day nearer my target and if it takes me ages, I don't care cos I am loving it. Every day pre SW was a day of getting fatter and my eating was totally out of control and like you, worried about the future. But now I feel so much better and I've not lost loads. We will get there. So good luck to us all!

42lbs says you're wrong that it's not going to work :)

I am amazed at people's successes on this thread. You are all so encouraging!

Just to add that I agree with everyone else. My first WI I was so scared that I had put on weight as I had eaten huge meals, snacked all through the day and had my 15syns a day. I was literally holding my breath on the scales that I put weight on, but I lost 4 pounds and continued to lose every week following the same plan (until I came off plan and ate in my old ways again and the weight came back on). It really does work so dont worry you are eating too much or try and skip meals/food-trust us!! best of luck with it

bigmeeky, I really love your post and so very true. My husband is doing S W and he lost 1 lb this week and maintained last week, his losses are generally 1lb, but as you say it took a long time to get to where his weight was when he started S W and as he said himself, he is in for the long haul! My losses were only about 1/2 to 1 lb per week but I have got to and kept within target for 12 months. It really is the way to go!And as you say every tiny loss is an achievement. I always say "a dripping tap fills a bucket" :)

Thanks very much. Give him my very best regards. 1lb,1 week for 1 year and we will be Mr Slinky if such a thing exists. I get weighed in tomorrow so lets see how it goes.

ttfn

Big meeky, I love your post too! My first week I lost 1lb whereas on VLCD probably about 7lb! BUT the very big difference is that I am loving this! And I hated VLCD- it made me depressed and miserable. This is amazing. I eat lots, am never hungry, eat out and remain totally in control so even although I've a lot to lose and it will take me 4 times longer than VLCD, I'm loving every meal and none of it whatsoever has been a hardship; because I am full, I no longer crave unhealthy foods. Every day is a day nearer my target and if it takes me ages, I don't care cos I am loving it. Every day pre SW was a day of getting fatter and my eating was totally out of control and like you, worried about the future. But now I feel so much better and I've not lost loads. We will get there. So good luck to us all!

Thanks Broxi. I have to confess the first time I did lighter life I just loved it. Weight dropped off, I found it incredibly easy and in 14 weeks I lost 6 and a half stone. In reality it clearly wasn't the best plan for me, this does look great and as you quite rightly say it might take 4 times longer but there again we are living and eating normally.

Hope it goes well for you, all the best and keep up the good work.

bigmeeky said:
Thanks very much. Give him my very best regards. 1lb,1 week for 1 year and we will be Mr Slinky if such a thing exists. I get weighed in tomorrow so lets see how it goes.

ttfn

If you have a look in the off topic at the Ode to Slimming World thread, you'll see a funny story about 'Mr Slinky'

Just to add that I agree with everyone else. My first WI I was so scared that I had put on weight as I had eaten huge meals, snacked all through the day and had my 15syns a day. I was literally holding my breath on the scales that I put weight on, but I lost 4 pounds and continued to lose every week following the same plan (until I came off plan and ate in my old ways again and the weight came back on). It really does work so dont worry you are eating too much or try and skip meals/food-trust us!! best of luck with it
by no mrand am i inyentionally missing meals, its just my lifr style and eating pattern . iam doing my best and fingers crosseda!

So the end of the first week on EE, and mixed results, I lost 7.5 lb and Mrs Bigmeeky lost half a pound, all on EE, we ate like kings. Mrs BM isn't too happy but it's a loss right.

there you go Nat, must be something in it..

good luck

Back