Extra Easy fear that SW isnt going to work !

Well done you and tell Mrs Bigmeeky not too be too despondent; my 1st week only lost 1lb but some weeks lose more but it's a pleasureable journey and I've still another 4 stone to go, so she will get there too, even if it's slowly like me.

Mrs Bigmeeky might have been on some other kind of diet and switched over, that can account for small losses in the first week.

ok so ive actually been following the plan since mon 12th, and i havnt budged. this is gutting.ive been so strict and into it, just dnt understanda!

ok so ive actually been following the plan since mon 12th, and i havnt budged. this is gutting.ive been so strict and into it, just dnt understanda!

Immediately prior to starting SW were you following any kind of diet? Do you think you have lots to lose, or just maybe a little bit? The big losses at the beginning come from a big lifestyle change.

Dont be put off, SW has worked for loads of people, I'm sure it will work for you :)

(make sure you are eating plenty, if you follow the rules and keep the proportions right you can have large meals. If you try to restrict your portions too much and dont eat up your syns and healthy extras it can be counter-productive, i might have already said this upthread...)

You've weighed on different scales tho-so start afresh tomorrow morning, fill in your food diary, and next week you will have a loss :) good luck x

Welshtigger is right - when at my friends her scales have me weighing 7lb heavier than the one I use at the chemist and my OH's have me a skinny 5lb lighter. So I only go off the chemist scale to tell me if I have actually lost or not.
SW works - Gazter is right as long as the proportions are right & I've noticed lately that some of my meals have been more free than superfree - e.g I had chicken, sweet potato, parsnip and carrots which although it sounds good isn't actually 1/3 superfree. Same with some soups - have to add a salad to get the extra superfree in. That's just how it has been for me, I think I'm being good but when I look at it - not as good as I thought. I also seem to be having issues around grains in general - maybe you have an underlying allergy?
Stick with it, keep your food diary and then you might get a clearer picture. Good Luck

Any more news Nat, let us see how your going, dont gve up, you took the brave step of going to the club and telling us all about it you can dothis.

I went into SW very skeptical that it would work, how could you eat all that food and lose weight? Even my husband was skeptical and refused to follow it, saying it was a waste of money.....
After one week I had lost 5lbs!!! And now 3 month later I'm 2 stone lighter and my husband is jealous haha!
He does try to follow it but likes his beer a bit too much and so far he's probably lost about 7lbs in 2 months or so.
Let us now how you're getting on- don't give up after the first week!

Good Luck x :)

i havnt given up, i was dissapointed at my start weight because i had actually started the plan nearly 2 weeks prior. so when i had my first start weight in,i was hoping i had a loss.anyway i was the same after 2weeks.

anyway finally i had a 3 1/2 lb loss! hurray
i hope next week i can manage a loss everyweek coz this is a long journey!

i havnt given up, i was dissapointed at my start weight because i had actually started the plan nearly 2 weeks prior. so when i had my first start weight in,i was hoping i had a loss.anyway i was the same after 2weeks.

anyway finally i had a 3 1/2 lb loss! hurray
i hope next week i can manage a loss everyweek coz this is a long journey!
yay!!! That's great to hear :D

And a well done from me too. It is certainly worth it when you get that blue shiny target badge. You will do this with determination and motivation and support from all of us!!! :)

And a well done from me too. It is certainly worth it when you get that blue shiny target badge. You will do this with determination and motivation and support from all of us!!! :)
i havnt set my target weight yet, all i know is its several stones away! but ive started!

OMG ! I MAY HAVE LOST 3.5LB but i am just so hungry since my weigh in. i have eaten well but ive ate alot! :eat: :sign0007:

OMG ! I MAY HAVE LOST 3.5LB but i am just so hungry since my weigh in. i have eaten well but ive ate alot! :eat: :sign0007:

is that another 3 1/2 since the weigh in/

Back