Fed Up and Sad

Lou

Silver Member
This new programme that I've switched too doesn't seem to be working. I started Sunday and as of today I haven't lost any weight:cry:What makes it worse is that my sister started this programme on the same day and as of this morning she's lost 6lbs. I know that she's going to have that "first week" advantage over me, but I'm seriously beginning to think I've made a mistake by swapping to this part shake/part food programme too soon. I'm contemplating switching back again to TFR today. I know that my body is going to need time to adjust from 500cals per day to 1000cals which this new programme is, but I think I'd rather do that when I reach goal.

What do you think? Am I throwing the towel in too quick or do you think I should go back to TFR lose the best part of a stone then try this programme as a final weight loss/maintenance thing?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Hi hun as you no with l/t sometimes the weight only comes off on the last 2 days before WI, it does for me anyway . Just give it a chance and get weighed see what happens.Good luck in what ever you do as you have done fantastic anyway and should be so proud of yourself, we are all so proud of you xxxxx

Hi Lou

When I embarked on this diet my pharmacist said anybody could lose weight on any diet...as long as they stick to it....which I suppose we know is true...duh!! However, in the begining LT is so amazing as the weight truly does drop off like slurry. But someday we have to return to the 'real' world which you have bravely started...so I say POWER TO YOUR ELBOW gal. Stay with it, be strong, don't weigh yourself every 5 mins and definitely do not gauge yourself on others. If I had done that I would have been discouraged by the HUGE weight losses by fellow LT'ers.
Its your own personal journey...I am sure you will do fine ;)

Well firstly -......- don't weigh between official weigh ins!!

And secondly, try as hard as possible NOt to compare yourself to anyone else on the same programme - even harder when it's your sis i'm sure.

Thirdly - i'd definitely give it a full week before deciding, maybe even 2.

And finally - how do you feel on this new programm? do you feel better for having food? you can always switch back to LT, but i'd really say to give it that first whole week and then see what happens at your (official!!) weigh in.

it may surprise you!

Ach sorry to hear that it isn't living up to your expectations. But sometimes the weight comes off on the last day before your weigh in. Maybe give it a month and see how ye get on, if not come on the Lipotrain. You have done so well, amazing actually. Good luck.

Sorry to hear how you feel Lou. I must admit I would probably feel the same way too, but just remember how far you have come..your weight loss has been brilliant. I am sure you didnt embark on the new program without a lot of thought so maybe just give it a bit more time. Your body may be just getting used to the change. Like you say, going from 500 to 1000 calories is a jump.

I know you will make the right decision for you, but just make sure you do it positively and dont allow anything to take your eye off the ball. You are almost at your goal.

Keep us all posted to what you do.

Take care

Step away from the scales! Step away from the scales!! I'm sure it will all even itself out in the end. Everyone is different!

Back