fed up. slimming world not working

Dawnyo

I have followed the slimming world diet for just over a month now and have only lost 2.5lbs. had 8 syns a day, stuck to the plan. Im fed up, thinking of doing weight watchers but not too sure about counting points. What do you do when they run out and your still hungry? Lots of stuff n slimming world is free, not the case on weight watchers plan. Im at my whits end, dont know what to do. Just cant shift this 11lbs:cry:I look on here at other peoples losses and think to myself what am i doing wrong...

Might be best asking on the WW forum about the way it works. I haven't got a scooby! :)

Hope you get where you want to be, however you get there x

Which of the three plans are you doing? If it's EE are you definitely having that 1/3 superfree with every meal? And have you considered trying red/green days for a change?

If you really want to try WW though, as the person above said, why not go look at the forum on here and see how things are?

Dawnyo said:
I have followed the slimming world diet for just over a month now and have only lost 2.5lbs. had 8 syns a day, stuck to the plan. Im fed up, thinking of doing weight watchers but not too sure about counting points. What do you do when they run out and your still hungry? Lots of stuff n slimming world is free, not the case on weight watchers plan. Im at my whits end, dont know what to do. Just cant shift this 11lbs:cry:I look on here at other peoples losses and think to myself what am i doing wrong...

You get most fruit and veg free on WW now, well it's zero points, so you can have that if you're still hungry. There's also a "slush fund", a weekly allowance of points, on top of your daily allowance. And you can earn points for exercise too.

On SW, are you eating enough and stopping when you're full? Drinking plenty water? :)
Do you go to a class, have you spoken to the consultant?

If you've only got 11lbs to lose I expect it isn't going to go any faster to be honest, it wont fall off in spades at that weight. You can try more exercise, more superfree etc.

When I got to my final stone last time round. I lost on average half a pound each week. I also had to measure out my potatoes, pasta and rice according to the portions recommended in the SW recipes. 11 lbs to lose isn't much but it feels like an eternity when it comes off this slowly.
Weight watchers is the equivalent of calorie counting but with free fruit and veg. Each PP is 40 calories so at 29 points which you would be on = 1160 per day plus your fruit and an extra 1960 to have during the week as an emergency fund x

Could you try SS soup or fish week?

Has your consultant commented on your slow losses? I know it's infuriating when other people are losing and you aren't- there is a guy in my class who loses (on average) 9lb a week, which puts my losses to shame, but then he does have a lot to lose. I just wish he's have a holiday so I'd get SOTW!!

Hi ive recently changed from sw to ww i havent had my first way in yet but have been on my scales n hav lost bout 4lb sice tues. On sw i eat eat eat eat constantly but never feel satisfied i just feel totally bloated. On ww today ive had lots of lovely healthy food and treats as well and tomorrow if i want a mcdonalds i will and saturday if i want a ready meal for quickness i can as long as i count it in with my points, everyday ive had totally different food which is so refreshing

Hi ive recently changed from sw to ww i havent had my first way in yet but have been on my scales n hav lost bout 4lb sice tues. On sw i eat eat eat eat constantly but never feel satisfied i just feel totally bloated. On ww today ive had lots of lovely healthy food and treats as well and tomorrow if i want a mcdonalds i will and saturday if i want a ready meal for quickness i can as long as i count it in with my points, everyday ive had totally different food which is so refreshing

You can eat totally different foods everyday on SW too. The thing I don't like about WW when compared to SW is the attitude to foods. I think SW promotes healthy eating a hell of a lot more than the WW points system. And that, in the long term is going to be so much better and help the weight to actually stay off because it changes your attitude to food too. At least, that's what I've found :)

WW promotes healthy eating too. It's very like SW in that respect. The focus is very much on cooking etc same as SW. When I went to classes our leader did a cooking session every week and usually brought in something else she had prepared earlier. I know there's a common misconception that WW is all about convenience food and WW products but nothing could be further from the truth

The basic principles in both diets are the same. They just work in a different way

Starlight said:
WW promotes healthy eating too. It's very like SW in that respect. The focus is very much on cooking etc same as SW. When I went to classes our leader did a cooking session every week and usually brought in something else she had prepared earlier. I know there's a common misconception that WW is all about convenience food and WW products but nothing could be further from the truth

The basic principles in both diets are the same. They just work in a different way

That's nice to hear. Of course I'm only going on what I've been told as I've never done WW. A couple of friends from work have done both WW and SW and they both said that with the points they find themselves reaching for the "unhealthy" stuff more often that's all. I've seen a few comments on here saying similar things. I suppose it depess on whether it suits the person. I don't think I could cope with counting all the points up, just keeping track of 15 Syns a day gets me confused sometimes!

That's more down to how a person sticks to it. It's kind of like someone on SW eating mostly free super noodles, mullers, pasta and sauce and mugshots. Yeah technically it's sticking to SW in that theyre eating free foods but it's not really following the diet the way its meant to be. Same as people who use most of their points on junk. Technically it's following WW in that they're sticking to their allowance but it's totally removed from the WW promote their plan :)

And you need to factor in I'm guessing the comments about being hungry and eating junk are from people doing SW not WW ;)

When I was last on WW a few years ago fruit wasn't free which meant I stopped eating as much fruit as I normally would or as I do on SW. For example back then a banana was 1.5 about the same as a chocolate digestive if I remember. Now as much as I like fruit I still would go for the biscuit as it felt a better use of my points! Crazy I know!

If fruits now free that's brill

My mum has recently lost 2 stone with minimal effort doing WW and she has enjoyed it. She doesn't have much of an appetite so it's suits her, whereas I am a gannet and eat huge portions. I tried WW and found it frustrating, so I just think it's down to personal preference. I definitely yhink it's worth the OP speaking to a local WW consultant just for a second opinion.

Firstly - SW does work - so something must be wrong, even though you don't have much to lose.
So, increase superfree foods, snack on superfree foods (not things like mugshots etc), drink plenty of water. Weigh and measure everything.

Secondly WW works too, I do think you have smaller portions on WW, but the fact that fruit and veg is free (the equivalent of SW superfree foods) is a huge bonus so you never run out of things to eat. WW actively encourages healthy eating, you have tick boxes each day for your fruit and veg portions, healthy oils (something SW does not promote much), water and calcium products.

I am currently on WW to shift a stone as I have become complacent with SW and needed a change, but I know SW works.

I'd say don't give up with SW, just look at your food diaries and ask your consultant for advice too.

Have just read through this thread, and must say, what a good debate!
I've done both diet plans, and yes they both work. It's about staying in "The Zone" as my old consultant would say. Keeping a diary is good, and logging your measurements and BMI is an incentive to keep going. Maybe keep an eye on ur calories as ur doing SW. Malgamate the two? Just a thought..
Hope u keep with it. x

you can be bad and good on both diets. You can fail on both diets.

Re weightloss, some people respond better restricting calories, and some people respond to eating better food. Its just getting the right one for you, and the one you can stick to.

I actually like the principles of both sw and ww. And at the end of the day it really is down to the person... as starlight says, you can live off mugshots... free yoghurts, pasta crisps etc just as much as you can abuse the points system.

Sounds just my week on SW :)

C'mon can we stop slating each others plans, they both work or nobody would follow either. :rolleyes: I get sick of seeing all the catty fighting and mods eternally having to defend WW (but not vv - dont we have any SW mods? :confused: Thats a shame :( )

Do they slate SW equally and SW get defended on the WW boards? ;)

/rant

Back