fed up!!!

Naya19

..doing it!
Hey,

Im soo fed up with making excuses not to eat ALL the flippin time its driving me nuts!!!

I recently started a new job as a carer and pretty much ALL my clients and their families offer me food/drink every day which is very kind of them but is now (after 4weeks) annoying the crap outta me :sigh:

I told them all that i very much appreciate their kind gestures and that im on a diet. But they STILL offer :cry:

This afternoon someone was actually offended by me refusing to eat :eek:

Ive also made a few new work friends who like to meet up and go for a break in between clients :) sometimes even go to their houses and cook food. Today i was sitting there with my black coffee chatting away, and one of the girls asked me if i was ok?? She asked this because she noticed that i never eat with them OR at clients homes :eek:

I told them that i take packed lunch to work with me so that i dont end up spending too much money and they seemed to believe that (phew!) then someone brought me a bloody blueberry muffin with my coffee :eek: i didnt know what to do.... so i told em all that there was SOOOO many "hidden" calories in it so i wouldnt eat it :ashamed0005: and they ALL then refused to eat it also haha!!! :giggle:

So pretty much EVERY DAMN WORKING DAY im confronting my food demons and its getting harder and harder to resist....:innocent0001:

Ahhh well whats a girl to do eh???

Hope everyones ok :)

:bestwishes:
Lei xxxx

Hi Leinaya,
Although it sounds like you are getting a hard time about not eating the great thing is you have ready answers and also the will power to not give in. Good for you, it's hard to be offered constantly and not take, esp when some people get affronted, however once you are good at your job, whether you eat or not in their home shouldn't be an issue.
Keep it up, you are doing great.
Doirin

Thanks Doirin :)

Thats soo true because it shouldnt matter if i eat or not! its the work i do that counts :) and its going well so far, but im STILL waiting for my full CRB check to come through :(

Which means that i cannot do more hours at work till ive got it :(

But yeah i definately feel good about being able to resist temptation :D i was thisclose to licking someones spoon the other day though :/

I dont think that my lil white lie will hurt my new work mates haha!!!

Best Wishes
Lei xxx

To be honest yes it is hard :(

Coz everything smells alot better than i remember :cry:

BUT Im soo proud of how far i have come and i dont want to ruin it by submitting to peer pressure :cool:

I am alot healthier now than ive ever been so its just not worth it :innocent0002:

Saying that though, if jonathan rhys meyers was standing in front of me begging me to eat...i'd certainly think about it....oops TMI!!! :D

Lei xxx

Yup!!

I had this problem too when i was doing the caring, although i didnt say no!! lol

xxxx

Hi

You should be so proud of yourself resisting temptation so often! Also, isn't it good to know that you can refuse now, so you're testing your control for the future.

I agree about Jonathan Rhys Meyers though ;-)

Hannah

Hey there chick, I'm going to be really frank with my response. Seeing as this diet helps people lose weight and truly does work, why not just tell people that this is the kind of diet you're on? :)
After all, dieting and especially doing this kind of diet is nothing to be ashamed of and it may even help you to get rid of all the unneeded aggro of people offering you food and not taking no for an answer.
If people know what kind of diet you're on, it may make things a bit easier for you. Just an idea because although I know some people prefer not to say anything about the diet, I personally think, why not say something? You're not doing anything wrong, it's to benefit you physically and mentally and it works so screw what others think, but I think it may be worth a try just to see if it eases up. :):)

Must admit i just told people straight about it

Some think its good others dont but doesnt bother me as i know it works

Also still was offered food and everything though when on it mainly from mates trying to get me to crumble lol

i would also just tell people straight, if you are worried about the reaction of them, then i used to tell people i had a meal in the evening, that usually calmed them down, ok its another white lie but sometimes it's not worth the hassle.

now Jonathan Rhys Meyers - i know who he is as an actor, but my boyfriend and i have been debating for a while - is he the guy in the Hugo Boss fragrance ads? i say yes, boyfriend says no... who's the winner?!

xxx

I would agree, just tell some of them - colleagues really. It's a perfectly healthy diet and you're doing great on it. It's better than them worrying...

If clients get offended, well, that';s just up to them - i'm sure you refuse perfectly politely. Maybe explain that if you took everything you were offered you wouldn't fit through their door!! :)
I've not really told people where I work but to be honest nobody has mentioned it anyway.

You're doing fab to be turning every offer down - remember that and congratulate yourself becuase that is no mean feat. And like you say, saving your workmates from a few muffins will only do them good ;)

Keep doing what you're doing and well done!

Hiya everyone :)

Thanks for your messages :D

As im a newbie at work, most of the other carers have said that everyone looses weight when they start care work :D with all the rushing....oops i mean walking in between clients homes. So most have just "assumed" thats the case with me and i havent corrected them ;)

I tested out the water so to speak and tried to tell someone i worked with today as it goes and she thought i was flippin nuts!!! :eek: but i explained to her calmly about what LT involves and that my GP is very happy i'm doing it :) (not the nurses tho :rolleyes: another thread!!!) and she went all quiet....:rolleyes: then mis-interpreted what i said and thought that i have an eating disorder :eek: she was like "why dont u eat!!! Omg your not well!!!" i said "I DRINK LT SHAKES" thats where i get my nutrients from but she didnt listen. Ahh well sod her!!!

I had an extremely awful experience last year, when i told my friends and work mates i was doing LL, the amount of negativity and ignorant comments not only upset me but ended up convincing me to quit :( I truely found out then who my friends were :eek: i regretted that decision to quit LL untill i found (the much cheaper ah-hem!) LT and Minimins!!! :D

TBH as a result of what happened last year ive been very hessitant to tell anyone about LT, except for one friend who has been soo very suportive of me these past few months bless her!

Right im off back to work now :cool:

ps. xsarahloux yes he IS the same man in the Hugo Boss advert mmmmmmmmmmmmm..........not a bad thought to leave on ;)

Hope everyones ok :)

Lei xxxx

Hi Lei

I am sorry to hear that you are having a bit of a hard time. It is so difficult when you start a new job, let's be honest, we want people to like us and to be able to join the group easily.

But, my word,,,you have done well considering the circumstances.

I was thinking the same as Abbie,,,just tell people, but after reading further and realising what happened last year, I can understand why you are worried.

You are doing ok so far! Just let them think you are a faddy eater :)

Hope you have a good week.

Take care

Tell them it is a special diet to discover your allergies. If they think it has a medical reason, they should not pressure you so much to eat.

Last edited:
Back