FED UP

skinnyminny

:cry:Really fed up now! put on a lb at last weigh in as predicted, despite sticking to the plan 100% - LLC it is down to my excersise ???????

Anyway to cheer myself up - what do I do - I have a good old binge - obviously I have learned nothing about controlling my eating in the last 4 months - how I am I going to cope with management?

My goal is so near - yet it may as well be another 5 stone as it is proving really difficult to keep going at the moment. I feel a fat useless blob & need some wise words of advice guys.

:cry: :( :cry: :needhug:

Hi Skinny

You have done such a great job you really should try not to be so hard on yourself. Basically I'm going to repeat lots of advice that you've probably already read but here goes...

Are you measuring your inches? I too am doing lots of exercise and only had a 2lb loss last week (not much for a man). I felt a bit downhearted too but measured my chest, waist and thighs and found I have really toned up. Also took a picture to compare against my 'before' picture - try it, I'm sure that will cheer you up.

I see that your BMI is in the healthy range now - my LLC says that it becomes much harder to lose weight once you are at a BMI below 25 which makes sense really. Probably not what you want to hear but maybe you need to prepare yourself mentally for slower losses now that you are officially no longer overweight (something to celebrate surely!).

Finally, a litre of water probably weighs around a pound - so given how much we are drinking means our weight must change from hour to hour depending on our intake and lots of other factors.

Draw a line under the binge and try to look in at your achievement from the eyes of an outsider - you have done amazing well.

Keep up the good work!

Johnny :D

Hey Skinny :)
I had my lowest loss this week too which I'm putting down to the gym and all of my strength training. It just doesn't feel fair does it?!
But - with only 19lb to go you are so close to your goal, and you have had an amazing loss.
I'm not really sure where the self sabotage stuff comes from...could it be because you are so close to achieving your goal?
You absolutely have learned about control, because you've recognised what you've done immediately and posted it here. That alone shows an incredible insight in itself so please take something positive from that.
Only you will really know what the 'triggers' are all about for you, so it might be worth taking a bit of time out and getting it all on paper? Not sure if this works for you, it does for me.
I'm pretty certain that I'm the kind of person that when I have only 19lb's to go, instead of feeling inspired and motivated to get there I will be the most impatient person alive! You are not alone!!
Stick with the gym though whatever you do. Your last 19lb WILL go and when you're maintaining, the gym I'm sure will be a big part of this.

I hope you're feeling better soon. For every bad day, a great one is around the corner. Keep posting :D

:grouphugg:

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

Right then, first of all some strong words for you, BE KIND TO YOURSELF! No being nasty on Minimins allowed! Would you be nasty to someone else on here? Nope, so no reason to do it to yourself! It's not easy but it makes life so much easier to not beat yourself up.

So your LLC said that exercise could have made you put on a pound. There's probably all sorts of reasons for that but one could be that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you've built muscle that could be it. If you've been 100% then the weight will come off. You'll HAVE to be burning fat! What about measurements? Have you taken any? Could be that you've lost inches instead?

As for the binge, don't worry about it! Get back to 100% today and everyday from now on. Says she who had a binge last night, after losing 6lbs at my meeting on Thursday! I really don't think I've learnt a thing either but whether we believe it or not we are learning from things like this all the time. How did the binge make you feel? Rubbish I bet because mine did, but use it as a learning experience instead of an excuse to be horrible to yourself and eat more.

Today I woke up realising my binge was to do with tiredness and not feeling well. A good nights sleep has made a big difference and I'm glugging water and just had my first pack. Lesson has been learnt, BUT I still don't believe that I won't succumb again. If and when it does, I'll just deal with it then and try and not let it define me!

Finally management WILL be tough. I know because I started it last year but moved house and had to stop going to LL. After that I put 2 stone back on but I've found a new group, I'm going to lose the 2 stone and then follow management because that is the most important part of the journey.

Hope you have a good day today, but remember to be kind to yourself!

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

God what an amazing achievement, you have a healthy BMI and are now in reach of your goal, you should be so pround of yourself not beating yourself up!
Its normal to feel dissapointment, but next week you will probaly be over the moon because you will have a better loss.
Take on board all the great advice from everyone, and draw a line under your little binge, bet it wasnt that bad really in comparison with what you used to put away pre LL.
Good luck with the rest of your journey!

Well if you feel a fat useless blob then heaven help some of the rest of us.

You have done brilliantly and if you stick with it then you'll very soon be at goal. I had my lowest loss this week on 1lb (and I only needed 2 to hit the 4stone mark) and I've stuck with this diet 100% since the beginning - I'm not letting it get me down though .... we've got to just move on from these things otherwise we're just harming ourselves.

Today is another day, forget your binge and move onwards and downwards - don't beat yourself up over it or that will just put you on more of a downer.

take care

Cath

Skinny,

I to exercise and my weight loss has been extremely slow over the last month especially, normally a pound or two, despite the fact that I have been going to the gym. I am putting this down to muscle, even though I have wobbly legs! I imagine this is the same for you. Also as Johnny said water adds pounds and you probably are drinking more due to the exercise.

Once you get to the last stone, it will be harder, there is less to budge. Which you should be pleased about, the down side is it can get you down.

You have done so well, those pounds will come off, don't beat yourself up. You have done amazing and will reach your goal in no time.

xx

Back