Fed up :(

Bernadette and mum

Hi everyone, I've been following slimming world for about 24 weeks now. Here is a record of my loses. The first five weeks I lost -1, -1, -1, -1, -2 not bad losses but not great either I was following extra easy and was enjoying it well sticking 100% to plan, the next week then I lost 3.5 pounds, I was very surprised by this as although I'd be sticking to most days, there was one day in this week where I was at a family get together and went totally off plan, yet I still had my biggest lost so far on this week. The next three weeks my losses were -1.5, -1.5, -1 these weeks I was following extra easy and wasn't cutting back at all just following plan 100%, then for the next nine weeks my loses were +1/2, MT, -1/2, -1/2, +1/2, +1, -1, MT, -1/2 even though I was still following extra easy 100% and having between five *and twelve syns a day, one of these weeks I was even doing a succes express ( think it was one were I lost 1/2 a pound) but still wasn't seeing great results. I was getting really sick of following the plan and not seeing any results so I decided to be a bit stricter and tried a strict version of the original plan, I did a week were everyday my diet was basically:
Breakfast: *porridge, muller light and small amount of super speed fruit.

Lunch: bowl of fruit salad and a muller light.

Dinner: bowl of fruit salad, muller lght and two hifi lights.

Syns: curly wurly (6 syns)

And that was it, *no snacks or anything more. That week I lost 4 pounds and was sooooo chuffed and thought I could stick to that plan forever and see fabulous results. But after a few days into the next week I realised it just wasnt realisitc and I was far too hungry. So I had two bad days early in that week and gained 3 pounds as expected. The next week I was back on plan original but less strict and lost 2.5 pounds but I think that was because of the large gain the week before. For the last few weeks I've been doing a mix of extra easy and original eating a lot of fruit and yoghurts but always feeling bad after having snacks even though it's only fruit and my loses have been: *+1 , MT, + 1/2, MT which I fid very dissappointing as I really believe I've been following plan 100%, sadly I don't have any food diaries but a basic day would probably be:

Breakfast:
fruit, muller light, two hifis

Lunch:
lean beef, carrots, turnip and potatoes
Dinner: cauliflower and mushy peas

Snack: bowl of fruit and a muller light, maybe sometimes more fruit throughout the day

Syns: *a crunchie and a pink and white

That's just an average day, I do have quite a varied diet I think, and I'm always getting my third superfree, and even on extra easy wouldn't dream of snacking on something like a mugshot, just fruit and yog. Rarely eat pasta, carbs are mostly rice or potatoes don't eat much of them anyway. I'm never really very hungry, but never very full either, *sometimes just get a bit annoyed about poor weightloss and eat lots of fruit when I don't /really/ need it. This week I've been trying succes express because I thought that might help, but so far the scales have been showing a MT/-1/2/+1 (I know I shouldn't be weighing but I just always do! lol) so I'm feeling very upset, just haven't a clue what to do or what plan to follow, I'm willing to try anything! Have tried scan bran, and drinking more water but haven't seen any noticeable results. Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me? Sorry to post such a long post but really wanted to have a good chat with consultant this week but she isn't going to be at group this week (which is tomorrow) and isn't great at keeping in contact over phone or text so I'm really at my wits end! I *know I haven't got much more to lose, just over a stone but surely after 23 or 24 weeks I should be seeing better results than 13 pounds? My sister had the same amount to lose and has roughly the same stats as me and got to target in about 12 weeks, same with mum who had same stats and a bit less to lose. I just really don't know what to do. :/*

Stop trying too hard!! That week where you lost 4lb was crazy, that's not following SW, that's eating fruit and yogurt!!

I really think you need to relax a bit and just follow it. Try following a 7 day menu from the magazine or from the website. Try read and green instead of EE, increase superfree but just relax.

You have still lost almost a stone, embrace that thought.

I think you need to relax. it sounds like your over thinking the plan and possibly under eating.

Have a sit down when you have some time and re-read your books and just get back on plan 100%. How much do you have to loose? When I was about half a stone off target I started to struggle and started being stricter with myself, once I relaxed and just started following the plan properly it came off again.... yes sometimes I'll have a good week but maintain or even have a small gain, but over the month if I'm 100% I will show a loss, yes it'll be a small one but I don't have much to loose now.

Sorry to say you are not following sw at all, more a very cal diet which isn't healthy!!!!!
This isn't a get slim quick but a `forever` healthy living plan so unless your just going to have cauli + mushy peas every night for the rest of your life then your diet + expectations are unrealistic.

Please stop stressing your av losses are exactly right!

Hiya, =] well done on your losses so far =]
Just a quick Question, are you excersiing? Because ive found i dont tend to loose when i do excersice BUT my body changes shape =]

Try mixing up ur days abit, im doing red/green and EE which seems to be working. Also having all my syns and hex a's and b's.

My usual diary is :-
B - x2plums, chopped tomatos and a poached egg +coffee
S - tea + cereal bar and a apple
L - grilled bacon, mushrooms cooked in stock with garlic, some tomatos, a soft boiled egg and wholemeal roll(hexb) water and fruit
S - muller yog + coffee
D - soup, hunters chicken (sw bbq sauce, cheese hexa) with a selection of veg
Evening snack if still hungry (banana, muller yog, malt milk biscuit or cereal bar)

That is a red day menu for me. Again well done for your losses so far, you have to give urself a pat on thr back for that =] loosing 1lb is hard work

This is not a sw plan, its a 'diet plan'.

Do as suggested, find some new recipes, experiment! Relax! I know i couldnt survive on fruit and yogurt, how depressing!

What strikes me about your typical menu is a shortage of protein. The only meal which has any significant protein content is your lunch. Your dinner is nothing more than a side dish. I don't think you are eating enough, and you certainly aren't eating enough of the right things.

The food you ate in your more restricted week contained no protein at all (ok, a very small bit from the oats). It just isn't healthy to leave out a major food group from your diet.

I agree with the others who have commented. Try going back to the SW books, and choose more balanced meals.

Try following one of the meal plans on the website to the letter, ( swap out foods you don't like for ones you do for example I have tinned salmon instead of tuna and chicken instead of prawns).
Then you will see what SW looks like.

Your typical day looks nothing like SW and I think your body is probably in starvation mode.
You need more protein, more bulk (fruit fibre can lie in the gut without bulking agents), more calcium I can't see where your HEA is.
Try having more free food. That's what it's there for!

I second what everyone else has said...have a good read of the books and completely start again, get rid of your scales and just trust that it will work.

Me too. Read and re read your books and keep to plan properly and you will be rewarded. 1lb - 2lb a week is a more realistic loss, but well done on losing so far. If youre good to the plan, it will be good to you. Just stick with it!

I think you're all right, I'm definitely over-thinking it. I weighed in tonight after doing a week of success express and gained 2lbs, but I maybe wasn't eating enough of everything other than fruit. So I'm going to go back to the books, follow some of the plans in the magazines I have, try and eat more meat and see how it goes. Thanks everyone!

From reading this - esp what you said about your gain after SE - I get the impression you're retaining fluid as you just aren't eating enough or getting enough variation.

You come across as being in a hurry to lose the weight...is that right? It's just that you're unhappy with losses of 1lb a week when really, that is entirely realistic. Losing more than 1 or 2lbs a week isn't sustainable chick; yes it happens at the beginning of a plan but it always evens out. Also, the fact that you seem frustrated and have tried success express more than once shows you want the weight off quickly.

When I first joined, I wanted my 2.5 stone to melt off overnight if possible. The thing is, you NEED to accept that if the weight is going to come off for good, it MUST come off slowly. Trying too hard to shift it quickly just confuses your body; what works is reassuring it by eating plenty of the right stuff (variety is key!), a little of the naughty stuff (this is so much more essential than people think) and being more active (I do not mean suddenly acting like you're in training for the Olympics, shocking your body never yields pleasant results!). With patience, your body realises it can let go of the excesses it no longer needs and the weight will come off. It's all about time, changing habits and learning to actually love yourself rather than punishing the fat off.

Thanks for your reply sheanin, I would agree with you 100% on that, I just can't wait to get rid of it lol:p but I know if I want it off for good, patience is key. It's just frustrating when everyone around me seems to be having steady losses, and I'm up and down up and down like a rollercoaster! I would be absolutely delighted at a pound of a week but I haven't been getting steady losses like that since I started SW, and that eventually stopped a few weeks in. But I'm going to try three or four weeks at extra easy, just sticking 100% to plan and see how it goes, even if I lost 1/2 a pound a week I'd be happy!

Youre ready and willing and open to the plan, youre all set! :) wishing you soooo much luck and i hope its starts working for you xxxx

There is another thread about losing "only" a pound a week, I'm one of those people, but as I said in the other post a pound off a week is better than a pound on, slowly slowly catchy monkey as the saying goes. I used to go to class and listen to the people around me losing 2 - 6lbs a week, and I thought my god im gonna be coming here forever, those people have now slowed right down and are not having such big losses, so I think to lose 1-2lbs a week is so much more realistic. Just stick at it and eventually you will see amazing results as others have proved.

Im sorry if this has already been said but i dont think youre eatting enough. Also a mixing it up a bit more might help. I know when i last did slimming world i was eatting the same things over an over and in the end my loss slowed right down, i think i maintained and was devastated as id been 100% my consultant looked at my tracker and she told me i needed to mix it up, i did and lost 5.5lb the following week.

As the others have said dont be so hard on yourself....youre taking a step in the right direction. And at the moment although ur losses are not massive, they are a loss and just imagine how much weight you may have put on if you hadnt of started slimming world.

Good luck with ur next week hun.

Chin up xxxx

Back