Fed up!

PoppyPoo

Inky Minx
Hi everyone!

I tried CD for the first time last year just to lose my last stubborn stone before I had my tummy tuck. I had my tuck and everything went well with that but the few months that have followed have been quite stress-filled (usual life crap) and needless to say I have put that weight back on. :(

I know a lot of people would be happy at just over BMI 25 but I hate being at the top end of my healthy BMI. I am only 5ft 3" so 10st and 4lbs makes me look chubbier than I'm comfortable with. CD got me down to a size 10 and now I'm back in size 14. :(

I have tried to shift it slowly this time but it just isn't happeneing so it looks like it's time to say hello to my good old friend, CD. At least I know it works. Its just keeping it off that's the problem when things aren't going well. Maintenance really is the hardest part at times.

Anyway, I see my counsellor on Friday.

Wish me luck! :)
xx

hello hun, you did it before and you will do it again and maybe this time it will be for good. Keep you chin up and you will be fine - so welcome back and good luck for Friday x :)

Thanks for the support hun! :)

Roll on Friday! :) I'm just trying to be good for tonight and tomorrow so the transition to CD is not a shock to my system.

Hey Poppy hows it going chick ? x

Not as well as expected tbh, hun but hangin in there.

I have just finished 1st wk on SS+ (4 CD shakes a day).

Was doing ok. Suffered hunger all the way through, but didn't cheat, not once.

I told my CDC about the hunger and she agreed with my opnion that I might be too close to my goal weight to be on such a low calorie intake.

So on Day 5: I went up to 810, Day 6: I went up to 1000, Day 7: I went up to 1200. Yesterday was my WI and I have only lost 5 pounds. Seems like all that torture I went through on SS was not worth it at all.

This is my 2nd go on CD. Last September I did it by starting on 810. I did it for a week and lost a wopping 9 pounds!

I am starting to think that maybe SS and SS+ only work dramatically (fast loss) for people that have a lot more weight to lose.

It would be good to know if anyone else knows the science behind this.

I started off at BMI 25.3 - and although I have plenty of body fat to burn (especially on muffin tops, thighs and bum) maybe my body went into starvation mode instead of ketosis.

I'm not gonna get down about it anyway. :) I am having 1200 for a couple of days now and then I'm gonna hit WW for a gradual loss. I just don't see the point of being hungry all the time for a similar loss to what I get on WW tbh and also paying out the money for the CD shakes.

How are you anyway, hun? Thanks for checkin up on me. I don't seem to be getting the same level of support in the CD section as I did last year when I used it.

All the best,
Milly
xx

My CDC told me today about someone who only wanted to lose a stone to get into healthy BMI. That person lost 14lbs in her first week and got to goal and she was 10 stone.

So I'm not sure that size does have anything to do with it, as I was 50% heavier than that and didn't lose as much despite sticking to it 100%

My CDC told me today about someone who only wanted to lose a stone to get into healthy BMI. That person lost 14lbs in her first week and got to goal and she was 10 stone.

So I'm not sure that size does have anything to do with it, as I was 50% heavier than that and didn't lose as much despite sticking to it 100%

Thanks for the info hun. Maybe it's something to do with my metabolism. I'm trudging on anyway. :) Will get there in the end! :)
xx

Not as well as expected tbh, hun but hangin in there.

Good Im glad

I told my CDC about the hunger and she agreed with my opnion that I might be too close to my goal weight to be on such a low calorie intake.
I am starting to think that maybe SS and SS+ only work dramatically (fast loss) for people that have a lot more weight to lose. I am having 1200 for a couple of days now and then I'm gonna hit WW for a gradual loss. I just don't see the point of being hungry all the time for a similar loss to what I get on WW tbh and also paying out the money for the CD shakes.

I totally agree

I don't seem to be getting the same level of support in the CD section as I did last year when I used it.

Thats a shame. I think when its the first time and you have a gang of you doing it you get to know people very well - I remember my first time icemoose Isobel 1965, KD and Irene were doing it and they were fab - but we dont tend to see much of the first 2 now I think there must be a special place for them to post cos they have so many posts and perhaps cos they are CDC's. I know we see alot of KD cos she's always on hand for advice and aslo an inspiration!

But I will keep checking up on you chick to see how you are going but I will be joining WW when I get to healthy BMI to keep it off.

Im taking your advice and going to do a TT diary and have done key dates but have had bloody awful PMT this last week and am now on so have felt really down and wasnt in right frame of mind to do it - but its a work in progress;)

Am a bit peed off this morning and in a bit of a dilemma cos I started the pill on Wednesday so I could control when I came on cos otherwise I would be due on when Im on my hols in June and I DONT want that, but I havent lost any weight at all since starting it and I know Ive started my period, but when I was on last time it made no difference to my weight loss and I lost 2lbs in the same space of days.

So I dont know what to do now. Ive got 3 options

1) If Im on the pill I have a 28 day cycle and come on the week before the hols and risk reduced weight loss which will REALLY pee me off as Ive worked so hard! and I wont be where I want to be for the hols and there will then be a BIG risk of falling off the 100% wagon

2) stop taking it now and pray to god my cycle stays at 35 days due to ss and I come on the week after we go away - but there is potential of me coming on on hols

3) stop taking it now get another stone off and start it next cycle and then if Im due on on hols or just before take the 2 packs together - but I dont know then how bad PMT will be and I dont want to ruin the holiday -

GOD I HATE BEING A WOMAN sometimes!

Sorry to rant but I cant believe the effect it has had on my weightloss and Im 11 weeks into it now my head has been in the right place and Ive been looking forward to this holiday for 12 months and I dont want my stupid TOTM to ruin it all!

keep in touch chick xxx

luckily bad mood has passed and someone has told me about a pill you can use to delay your period so will be doing that so roll on weight dropping off and delaying my period till after my hols yippee!
hope you having good day xxx

Hols

Hello Jessica

I hope you shed the weight and have a fantastic holiday. Any time seems more difficult the second time round. Stick with it , it will be worthwhile in the end.

Li

luckily bad mood has passed and someone has told me about a pill you can use to delay your period so will be doing that so roll on weight dropping off and delaying my period till after my hols yippee!
hope you having good day xxx

thanks Li - do you know what you have just stopped me ordering an egg foo yung from the chinese whiklst ordering hubbys and kids tea! - I know its high protein but would only delay me more and have had a particularly crap day with one thing and another and the pill putting me on a downer - I knew there was a reason I came off it. But seeing your post has made me realise I dont need an egg foo yung to cheer myself up

thanks alot
xxx

thanks Li - do you know what you have just stopped me ordering an egg foo yung from the chinese whiklst ordering hubbys and kids tea! - I know its high protein but would only delay me more and have had a particularly crap day with one thing and another and the pill putting me on a downer - I knew there was a reason I came off it. But seeing your post has made me realise I dont need an egg foo yung to cheer myself up

thanks alot
xxx

Just popped by to say well done hun for not going down the egg foo yung (although it does sound scrummy). I hope your sorted with your TOTM. You have done so well too well done xx;)

Thanks for the support, Jess and good to hear you got your dilemma sorted.

I personally had a shitty day yesterday. I fell off the wagon in full effect! :(

I was aiming for 1200 cals - ended up in a restaurant with a friend and our kids - but I was pretty good - had salady and lean meat dish. No chips, no desert and a diet cola. Was pretty pleased with myself.

Intended on no dinner and having one of my CDs instead but a visiting friend nipped to the chippy and only served half of their chips. I resisted them for a while but was hungry, tired (after a mega hectic few days) and just caved in.

Unfortunately it went downhill from there. In the evening I was starving and my stupid mindset told me that 'I fell off the wagon today so might as well stay off it and get back on it tomorrow'.

So I had those peanut and choc nut cluster things that my little boy had left out, as well as a wholewheat bagel with tuna and sweetcorn and a packet of baked crisps. Then I scoffed a handful of my daughter's Mars Planets! I was angry with myself as soon as I'd done it!

So I am back on the wagon today and in full force! I just can't believe how slack I was after going a whole week of being an angel and not cheating once. I'm really down about it and so I am determined that if I want to feel good about myself I should not be doing that again. I need to remind myself of this the next time I consider taking the plunge into a saturated fat and sugar fest.

x

Thanks for the support, Jess and good to hear you got your dilemma sorted.

I personally had a shitty day yesterday. I fell off the wagon in full effect! :(

I was aiming for 1200 cals - ended up in a restaurant with a friend and our kids - but I was pretty good - had salady and lean meat dish. No chips, no desert and a diet cola. Was pretty pleased with myself.

Intended on no dinner and having one of my CDs instead but a visiting friend nipped to the chippy and only served half of their chips. I resisted them for a while but was hungry, tired (after a mega hectic few days) and just caved in.

Unfortunately it went downhill from there. In the evening I was starving and my stupid mindset told me that 'I fell off the wagon today so might as well stay off it and get back on it tomorrow'.

So I had those peanut and choc nut cluster things that my little boy had left out, as well as a wholewheat bagel with tuna and sweetcorn and a packet of baked crisps. Then I scoffed a handful of my daughter's Mars Planets! I was angry with myself as soon as I'd done it!

So I am back on the wagon today and in full force! I just can't believe how slack I was after going a whole week of being an angel and not cheating once. I'm really down about it and so I am determined that if I want to feel good about myself I should not be doing that again. I need to remind myself of this the next time I consider taking the plunge into a saturated fat and sugar fest.

x

Hi PoppyPoo, Ive had a bad day today too well and truly of the wagon.... went to some friends didnt know we were having lunch!!! Only made Lamb, roasties, veg etc etc.... I had Lamb & veg only couldnt say no and insult them.

Such a shame as I was doing so well and its my 1st WEIGH in tom, although had a few slight little blips of nibbles through the week so didnt expect to loose as much as if I had done 100%. Gonna get straight back on track tom as Im with you dont feel good about what Ive done and want so bad to feel good about myself...:wave_cry: x

Back