Feel guilty for changing my goal date but...

shineykat

Well here I am 4 stone lighter but a stone away from target.
I must admit I'd hoped I'd have reached it by now. It's not the end of the world that I haven't because already I am much happier and confident in myself but I go to uni in 2 weeks and I'd told myself I'd do it by then.

Anyway its silly to expect myself to lose a stone in 2 weeks (maybe 4/5 pounds is a good target?) but when I start uni obviously slimming is going to take a backseat for the first few weeks as I adjust to a whole new life... I don't mean to say I'm going to throw caution to the wind (I have a membership at a 24/7 gym and I'm catered and the meals are very healthy) but obviously I think it will slow down a bit.
Is it wrong to give myself until my 20th birthday in December to reach target? It's a nice occasion for it and well it seems quite a long time but it might take that long. I don't know. I feel bad for extending it so far. Will it make me complacent and go off course? blaaaaaaaah I don't know, I'm just rambling now. Sorry to bore you all! x

No, it's not wrong to move your target date at all! You have done incredibly well to have lost 4 stone since February - it's a massive achievement! I don't think that you will become complacent- you're lucky to be living in catered accommodation so you won't be tempted to live on takeaways etc Starting Uni might focus you even more- in my first year at Uni (going back to the '80s now!) I lost weight because I walked everywhere and ate in hall, and didn't want to waste money on fatty snacks etc
Remember, too, that the SW philosophy is to allow each member to take their own route to target and there's no set time limit!

No, it's not wrong to move your target date at all! You have done incredibly well to have lost 4 stone since February - it's a massive achievement! I don't think that you will become complacent- you're lucky to be living in catered accommodation so you won't be tempted to live on takeaways etc Starting Uni might focus you even more- in my first year at Uni (going back to the '80s now!) I lost weight because I walked everywhere and ate in hall, and didn't want to waste money on fatty snacks etc
Remember, too, that the SW philosophy is to allow each member to take their own route to target and there's no set time limit!

oops forgot to mention I've lost 2 stone on Slimming world since Feb, the rest I lost on my own LCD from around Octobertime...

but yeah the only thing I'm worried about is the alcohol but I want to enjoy fresher's week for what it is so I won't let a minor gain or two get in the way. Not sure if it's a good idea but my mum is buying me scales so I can monitor my own weight :confused: although I tend to weigh myself too often if I have the tools right in front of me... hmm..

you have made a good decision, enjoy uni, try and make good choices when you can, use the gym and exercise as much as you can, you could still lose inches

This makes perfect sense to me! Also enjoy freshers and meeting new people it's a great time! As you are catered I'm sure things will be a little easier provided it's healthy as you say and realy you can save syns for drinks if your busy at ink in the day! Maybe invest in a fruit bowl so you can always stow something in your bag for those Inbetween lecture munchies!!!! Xxx

Wow, congratulations on losing so much weight! You're an inspiration for those of us who aren't so far along on our weight loss journeys. :)

Go to uni and enjoy yourself - there's no shame whatsoever in moving your target. Going to uni is an exciting time, and you will need time to adjust to the new routines in your life.

Back