Feel like giving up

bettylollypop

soon to be skinny minnie
:cry:I seem to do a good few weeks, then one bad day sends me off track. I thought i had it this time, i really thought i could do it, and i did have good losses when following extra easy. Then after last weekend i just couldn't seem to get back on track.

I have no energy at all and my knees and feet are giving me pain. I just keep binging on food (well junk like crisps biscuits and chocolate). I just can't help it. I don't know what to do anymore. I get sick of drawing a line and starting again. I know that i will fail. My cousins wedding is coming up in July 31st and i don't want to feel fat and ugly and i can't face another summer sweating and getting out of breath and not being able to wear nice clothes.:cry:

I can't tell you how many times I have been right where you are now! The fact is though, if you give up completely you will just put the weight back on. If you ride out the bad patch and get back o it when your head gets back in place you can pick up where you left off! I can be really good for a few weeks then go totally off track but I know for sure that I don't want to put all this weight back on!

Stick with it, it's worth it in the end!

Ok... don't panic for a start! Think about it, it is ONLY 3lbs, not 3 stones. So every so often you have a binge week, so does the skinniest of people. So you put on 3lbs every couple of months, but then you take off 10lbs! If this is how it is, then be happy about it and don't worry about it...

You've been through this before honey, and got right back on track, motivated and losing well. And you'll do that again! That's how it goes for some people. Thing is, accepting it and getting through it is what builds your confidence that you CAN do it. You need to have a little more faith in yourself, trust yourself to handle it and know that how you're feeling right now will change. It'll pass. And when your head is in the right place again, you'll be glad if you've stuck with the basics in the meantime. You won't gain any weight if you stick with the basic principles - eat as much as you need, but make it Free Foods instead of junk, raise your syns allowance for a while and enjoy them, just keep ticking along until you feel ready to really get down to it again.

Don't put pressure on yourself to be 'perfect'. Think of it in the long term .... you're going to have phases where you want to ease up a bit, I'm sure many people here who've been doing this for a while will confirm that. It's normal. It doesn't mean you've 'failed', it means you're a human being! :)

Aw Betty (my boy lollipop, do do do dooooo)

We ALL have times we feel like this. We all have little (or not so little) slip ups but ultimately you have to focus on what you want - and that's to feel comfortable in your own self, not to feel fat and sweaty at that do in July. And how are you going to get there? By looking after yourself, by thinking positive.

You are NOT going to fail. If you set yourself up to fail, you will. But if you think of this as a long haul journey, there are bound to be a few turbulent patches, but you will get to your destination in the end.

People suggest drawing a line under it and starting again for a reason...because that's all we can do after a blip, otherwise we end up eating ourselves into misery.

You're only human, we all are.

Come on hun, think positive. Look how far you've come. Don't let one little blip undo all that good work.

*hugs*

i agree with all that has been said above and can't really think of anything to add as it's all great advice!

i just wanted to send you a big hug!

we have all been there (many times) but try your hardest to get over this sticky patch. even if you cant get back on track 100% anything is better than giving up completely.

hope you figure it out soon. xxxx

Come on Betty! Don't give up! You can do it. It's just a slip. As one of my leaders used to say, you don't throw out a whole bouquet just because 1 flowers died!

i can't face another summer sweating and getting out of breath and not being able to wear nice clothes.:cry:
Then don't. Have your little wobble, and pick yourself back up. YOU are the one that needs to do this. Who cares what anyone else thinks. It's what YOU want and YOU have to do it. And what's more, you can. Easy. Who cares if you're not the SW Star Pupil 7 days a week. If the majority of the time you're trying, then you WILL see the results. Maybe not as fast as you'd like, but it will go steadily and that's better than nothing, and certainly better than giving up on yourself and your desire for a fitter, happier self.

The way I see it, if you mostly stick to SW, and then maybe have a bad couple of days here and there, then really you're doing much better than if you just had "bad" days every day. Because that's what's got us into this mess in the first place - bad eating habits on a daily basis.

So you may not be able to maintain 100% all the time, but if you are doing it pretty good for most of the time, then that's going to help you on your way to achieving your goal. You are way too precious and important for you to give up on yourself!:)

Thanks everyone, still feeling horrible though, need to get a grip, just had a good look at myself in the mirror, my face is pale and fat, my hair is lank and i don't look a pretty sight. I know exactly what i should be doing. I just need to get past this little blip and get on with it and stop feeling sorry for myself lol. It is just me in general i've fallen behind on my studying already and the housework is piling up. When i eat unhealthy everything falls out of place coz i feel lethargic. I think tomorow i will get the house in order early in the morning, write out a new study plan, then later in the morning we are going out with kids for the day. Thanks again for all your support, i hate being so down and depressing on the forum but have to get it out xxx

Oh bless ya sounds like you had a rough week!! but pick yourself up brush yourself and you will get there hun. Go out for a great day tomorrow with the kids and do something fun! Oh and next time you look in that mirror dont go thinking it's all bad cos im sure you look just fine. keep ur chin up (biggg hug) :)

Damn, I just wrote a long post, hit the wrong button and then erased it! Which is probably just as well, as it was only towards the end that it occurred to me . . .

Is there a regular pattern to this feeling? At times when I'm due on, I literally have no energy. I walk everywhere; at these times, I just about crawl into bed. Oh, and healthy food - forget it. It can sometimes hit in a mini-form during ovulation (sorry boys!), so just because you're not on doesn't mean your hormones aren't having a giggle at you. Keep a diary and check it out if you think this could be the case.

Also, I'd recommend getting some Flower Remedies to sniff/drink. Basil is a great pick-me-up - nature's prozac. You sound so down, I think it might be something to bear in mind.

Finally - if you wanted to give up, would you be on here? No. You'd shrink away. You know you can do this, we just need to sort out these little problems, that's all.

Good luck and let us know how you're getting on.

xx

Reactions: Taz
Hi Betty, you are sounding a lot more positive which is great, but you can do this hun, just don't expect yourself to be perfect all the time, you are only human and even those who don't have a weight problem don't eat perfectly healthily all the time, they have their blow outs too, so don't think you are a failure, cos you're not, you're just healthily normal.

Today is a new day xx

Hi Betty,

:wave_cry:I am just going to start today, and looking at your ticker it has made me feel positive. You have done really well.

I know that I am gonna have blips, but you personally have done the right thing by owning up and coming on here.

You can do this, dont let the guilt get to you.

Hey Huni.

How are you feeling today???
There isnt much more that I can say that the others havent already said. I just want you to know that we are here for you and after all...its only 3lbs.
You just have to be in the right frame of mind and the more that you are depressed, the more that you are going to eat and the more that you are going to gain - one big vicious circle.
Just think, where so you want to be in your life right now? Is it worth reaching for the crisps and chocolate if this is how it makes you feel???
Only you can make the change, but you cant feel pressurised into doing it, you have to really want this.

Take care Huni.

Kerry-Ann
xx

I agree completely with what the other ladies here have said - pick yourself up, draw a line under it and start again. There's absolutely no point in beating yourself up over past mistakes, you'll only end up feeling more and more miserable, and you'll be less likely to get back on track and stay there. The past is the past, can't do anything about it now! :D Time to move forward - and don't go forward with the attitude that you know you'll fail again, or you're only setting yourself up to do just that. Allow yourself to believe that you CAN do it and you WILL, and you're in a much better place mentally to allow you to succeed.

Good luck!

Wow....I just have to say the advice on this thread is phenomenal. I can't add anything but just wanted to say that you CAN do it. It WILL click again. We've all been here many times. You're not alone!

Hi Betty

As it has already been said looking at your weight loss has spurred us on. I had a bad 3 days coz of TOTM but I am back on track and you can too. Go on get back in the driving seat and win!!!

Sherby xx

Hi guys, you are all soooooo kind. I have been in this bad place so many times and you all give me kind friendly supportive advice every time.

I am going to try and get back on track tomorow. It is wi tomorow and i know i will have at least another few lbs gain as i can feel it in my clothes, but i don't want to gain everything i have lost so far.

I have a horrible migrane and i have had it the last couple of days which has been getting me down too, i get them more frequently when i am heavier. I don't get the headache but i get lots of neurological symptoms like numb limbs (i have broke my foot twice in the past due to numb leg) blurred vision, confusion etc and feel very sick too and speak nonsense, had all sorts of brain scans and the diagnosis is chronic migrane without the headache.

So heres hoping that tomorow i can get back on track and lose some weight and reduce the frequency of my symptoms.

How is everyone today, i had mcdonalds for dinner :eek:.

When I have a complete disaster of a week I always find it easier to get back on it after WI. It seems like the natural start of a new week

When I have a complete disaster of a week I always find it easier to get back on it after WI. It seems like the natural start of a new week

I agree with this - it seems like a natural "border" somehow, like fencing off the bad week!

Back