Feel like giving up

Exactly. I was really bad at the weekend and planned to get right back on it on Monday but with an obvious gain it was hard to be completely good so after WI today it's back to 100%

Well i have gained another 3lbs, however i am still 4lbs lighter than when i started back in jan. So just going to take it from there. I have had 2 weetabix (hexb) with Semi skimmed milk (Hex a) and i have done my Rosmary conolly dvd. I'm feeling a bit migrainey again now though.

I know it sounds drastic but i am going to cut out chocolate, cheese , tea and coffee for the time being. It is one of those sources that is causing my migraine. I will gradually re-introduce them though. I have a sneaky suspicion it is the tea and chocolate though.

How are we all today??? xxx

Hi Betty,
It's nice to hear you sound more positive. The advice given on here is fab and everyone is so supportive. People like you offer inspiration to newer people such as myself so remember, however down you are feeling, your results so far are inspiring and motivating newer people. As you have said, you have been here before and got through it and you really sound like you have a new head on today! Good luck and keep smiling hun xx

Hi Betty,
It's nice to hear you sound more positive. The advice given on here is fab and everyone is so supportive. People like you offer inspiration to newer people such as myself so remember, however down you are feeling, your results so far are inspiring and motivating newer people. As you have said, you have been here before and got through it and you really sound like you have a new head on today! Good luck and keep smiling hun xx

Thanks hun, i wish i had a new head :8855::8855:, this migraine is not going, even though i don't get a headache as such my head is numb and tingly:eek:

Glad you seem a bit more positive today but sorry to hear about the 'headaches' - that doesn't sound good at all. Hopefully if yiu can get back on track having good food in you will at least give you the strength to fight it. Let us know how the cutting out session goes - I think coffee does my digestive system no good at all but I can't quite manage to cut it out!

Glad you seem a bit more positive today but sorry to hear about the 'headaches' - that doesn't sound good at all. Hopefully if yiu can get back on track having good food in you will at least give you the strength to fight it. Let us know how the cutting out session goes - I think coffee does my digestive system no good at all but I can't quite manage to cut it out!

I think it is tea that is causing it now that i think back . I don't really drink much coffee but when i do it makes me really anxious and nervous and i keep running to the loo lol x

A good friend of mine suffers migraine and she cut all dairy products out of her diet. Now she barely gets headaches at all. She uses soya milk whenever she has to have something. Might be worth trying.

Here's to next week and those 3lbs off!

Hi, what great advice all you wonderful people have to give, i have been to slimming world countless times before but this time im gonna do it.Had heart surgery January last year and have had a eureka moment! Who am i kidding when i dont write down that one small piece of bread or dont go to class because i know ive had some very flexible syns! Only myself! I know there will be blips along the way but hey! thats life! So Bettylollypop go out with the kids have fun and get back on track and think long term, by the time summer comes you will be lighter and if its only by half a stone dont worry,you didnt put it on overnight and you wont lose it overnight but at least you have the mindset to want to, keep that mindset and keep going, lots of love and hugs,

A good friend of mine suffers migraine and she cut all dairy products out of her diet. Now she barely gets headaches at all. She uses soya milk whenever she has to have something. Might be worth trying.

Here's to next week and those 3lbs off!

Thanks guys, very interesting Harrie, milk is in my tea, also in my chocolate,. Wonder if it is dairy, though i couldn't give up my eggs:eek::eek: I eat loads

Make sure you are drinking enough water, especially if you are exercising. Make sure it isn't dehydration that is causing the headaches? Good luck to you hun.xx

Thanks guys, very interesting Harrie, milk is in my tea, also in my chocolate,. Wonder if it is dairy, though i couldn't give up my eggs:eek::eek: I eat loads

I'm a fellow migraine sufferer, so I just wanted to mention that non-food things can be triggers too - my main trigger is excessive noise/activity around me, and very bright lighting. It's worth looking at things in your environment as well as your diet.

Chocolate is also a trigger for me though, as it is for many. Fortunately I'm not that fond of the stuff anyway, but on the odd occasion where I might have some I can guarantee a migraine will start to develop very quickly. I take my Migraleve Pink as soon as I feel it, which stops it in its tracks.

Have you actually been to the doctor about the migraine? Because if you're relying on ordinary painkillers to deal with it, no wonder you have them all the time! You need a designated migraine medication to deal with it.

I'm a fellow migraine sufferer, so I just wanted to mention that non-food things can be triggers too - my main trigger is excessive noise/activity around me, and very bright lighting. It's worth looking at things in your environment as well as your diet.

Chocolate is also a trigger for me though, as it is for many. Fortunately I'm not that fond of the stuff anyway, but on the odd occasion where I might have some I can guarantee a migraine will start to develop very quickly. I take my Migraleve Pink as soon as I feel it, which stops it in its tracks.

Have you actually been to the doctor about the migraine? Because if you're relying on ordinary painkillers to deal with it, no wonder you have them all the time! You need a designated migraine medication to deal with it.

Hi Elizabeth, yes i have been to the doctors, i underwent lots of tests including a lumbar puncture and a brain mri scan and eye tests galore as i suffer not so much with the headache but the other neurological symptoms that go with it. I was prescribed a tablet called pitzotifen (or something along those lines). I had to take one every day due to my symptoms being so severe. They worked very well however i had trouble staying awake as they make you sleepy. I couldn't get up in the morning and i was falling asleep in the afternoon. I was getting nothing done at all. My dr suggested to come off them as i have a son with diabetes (who i need to be up early to give insulin) and a baby, he said i can't go on like that and told me to see how i go.

I went for a while having them once every so often but gradually they have increased and i am having them for days at a time and very frequently. I am going to see the dr again.

My brain scan did point out that i had 5 areas in my brain which are 'high signal' and commonly found in migraine sufferers

Hey Betty, I am coming to sit on the naughty step with you! I put on 3.5lb this week and it has really depressed me. I went straight to the gym! We will get those lbs off this week!

Oh Betty, how I feel for you! i am a fellow migraine sufferer, but mine are triggered by smells. Women's perfume, in fact. It's hell to avoid and I always have to have my medication on me incase of "smelly women!". I have never worn perfume, and my Avon lady think i'm weird as I order aftershave off her, when she know I ain't got no man! I can't even use flowery soap, shampoo, wash powder or conditioner. And you won't catch me in a shop with a perfume counter.

I was prescribed a tablet called pitzotifen (or something along those lines). I had to take one every day due to my symptoms being so severe. They worked very well however i had trouble staying awake as they make you sleepy. I couldn't get up in the morning and i was falling asleep in the afternoon. I was getting nothing done at all.

Ah, OK. Yes, that's a real problem when you have young children to look after.

Do you have the nausea/strange lights/dizziness part of the migraine? Because an over the counter treatment like Migraleve really helps with all that too. Might be worth trying? It doesn't make you sleepy, and it might help with your non-pain symptoms.

Yeesh. Migraine sucks.

Well got my first day over and done with yesterday and stuck to plan all day (without chocolate and tea). Still feeling a bit empty after my3 day migraine. like my head feels a bit empty (if that makes sense). Had weetabix and milk for breakfast, then fruit and yoghurt. Not sure what to have for my lunch but i have stew in the freezer that i might defrost for dinner. I actually quite liked not using choc for syns, usually it is a given that i will have 15 syns worth of choc but now i am using my syns for things like low fat mayo and sauces etc.

Hope you all have a nice day xx

good luck hunny I am in the same boat as you at the moment and really struggling to get back on track! I am due on any min but its not coming and also i had a binge last night at work as i was on nights and there was nothign open only the vending machine! :(

I weigh roughly the same as you and have a target of my wedding on 29th aug! So i know where you are coming from!
Good lukc and hope to see you around!
xxx

hey - have just read my way through this thread and glad you're feeling better. I too am struggling, i just seem to keep re-starting! I need to get under the 16 stone barrier and stay under it, heres hoping for next week for us all ey xxx

how are you getting on?
I need to get to the 16 stone barrier and under too. I first tried on my wedding dress when i was 14 stone and looked what i must admit was lovely. when i eventually had the money to put down on it i was 17 stone and had to order it in a size 22 when the 18 was a perfect fit last time. So I want to try and get back to at least 14 by April/may so that gives me 3 months to loose 2 ish stone.

We can do it just chin up and look forward!!!
xxx

Back