Feel like giving up :'(

Like I have just said on my food diary thread, I am so fed up as I have been good with what I am eating but have only lost 2.2lbs and it will be a week tomorrow :cry: Everyone else is losing 4-6-8lbs in the first week and then more :cry:

I don`t see the point in being on them if they`re not making much difference, Not when I have given up feeding my gorgeous little girl to take them :cry: Maybe I should give them up and start feeding her again (apparently they`re out ur system within 3 days).

I KNOW they`re not a quick fix, I never expected them to be. But the loss I am having is so little compared to everyone else, Maybe they just don`t work for me? :cry:

Sorry for such a me me me post :(

liSe I have not lost any more than a lb (know i have a bit of a blockage)...

I dont think you understand what the tablets are supposed to do....

They just try to make you avoid temptation - they dont make you lose weight..

The big losers are people who have cut their calories by 1000+, an expected loss if you ask me but you were dieting already so there is no difference, except if you at too much fat you get the squirts.

Dont give up after 6 days, remember why you took them in the first place - so you cant cheat...

If you want to be able to cheat then dont take anymore!

I know its hard but quit after 6 days, thats hardly giving yourself a chance now is it??

Julie x

Lisa all i can say is its up to you to decide whats right for you!.. if you can put your hand on your heart and say you already havent given up then DONT GIVE UP NOW. but if you feel really negative then maybe consider a different diet option?.. there is lots..

i think Xenical makes on average people loose about 2lbs a week and if you exercise every day at least 30 minutes even just walking i think it boosts right up.. BUT everyone is different and some people it takes a while to loose weight then it comes of faster , some people it starts quick then slows... nobody can compare themselves to another person coz it just dont work... and i think your a lovely person but the only downside you may have is you focus on what others are doing instead of focusing on what you are doing... 2.2lbs loss is a lot and better then nothing and even better then a GAIN!. 2.2lbs a week = 8.8lbs ...half a stone... but like pointed out it could speed up but still over half a stone loss is better then nothing?.

Please dont just get negative only a week into it , ive been taking these for months and i know that with xenical its about the effort we put in it just wont give amazing results on there own.

If i was you id.. visit a doctor to discuss your lack of energy and tiredness.. ask your doctor if you can see a dietrician to help you pick a menu for xenical (if you wish)... and give it a few more weeks you never know.. i know how bad you want to loose weight so surely a few weeks will be worth it if it turns out all you needed was a a lil longer to get used to it xxx

your a great person so smile!!

Attachments

• Fat.jpg
    Fat.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 62
Thanks for the reply Julie x

I never cheated before I was on them. I didn`t take them to avoid temptation, I took them as I still couldn`t lose weight even with dieting and exercise - I have a crap body that just loves to hold onto the fat :(

I am just disheartened, Have totally trashed my lunch today, Ate far too much fat I think :(

I just really didn`t want to give up feeding my little girl, And if it was for nothing it just tears me up :cry:

i attached a pic of how much 1lb of fat is and 5lb of fat .. in just two weeks you will have removed that from your body :eek::eek:.. ;) should inspire you on x

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Bless you, I`m sorry you`re getting it in stereo (on MSN and now on here too).

I know you`re right, And I also know I need to do more exercise. I think I have worked out why i`m so tired. I was reading on the net about Xenical and it mentioned that it can affect the amount of Thyroxine absorbed and I had been taking them together in the morning. So I have started to take my Thyroxine at night before going to bed so there is a time delay between them.

I think I am hormonal at the moment, So that won`t help with the negativity, And maybe I have also lost more than is showing because of bloating (trying to convince myself lol).

My DH said today that you can see that I have lost weight, So I`m confused as to why it isn`t showing on the scales :confused:

I know I`m an impatient cow and I`m sorry for annoying you all for being so self absorbed today :(

**hugs** thanks Kiira, You`re a star :hug99:

lol@ the fat pics btw... Nice touch...Thanks again Xxxxxx

your welcome and just to point out you can loose weight and it not show on the scales.. muscle weighs more then fat ... and dont forget you may be loosing inches rather then lbs thats happened to me at first thats why you should use a tape measure and record the results as you go along sometimes that can help keep motivate you...

people around you notice it before you do... i like to think i notice but really its only when others comment that i truely accept and believe it..

id see a doctor about them meds see what they suggest may be that they think they shud up ure meds you never know..

exercise can be anything from dancin to music , housework , walking , playing with the lil one ... wii fit ANYTHING that gets you sweating a lil or you heart racing faster then usual =] so dont think u got to make lots of time out for it theres plenty of ways to fit it in ure daily routine without a lot of hassle , first you need to sort the lack of energy thing though..

HAHA the pics i just thought if you look at that fat it comes off as a whole layer so u dont think lb of fat it that much but really it is and i duno bout you but every pound i loose im so glad about it and looking at that pic makes me even glad.

dont say thanks i said id help as best as i can and really i was at the start not so long ago and i felt just the same xxxx

Hi LiSe, Kiira

It must have been hard giving up feeding your daughter, BUT If you are anything like me its all about investing time now to be a better, fitter, slimmer, HAPPIER mum.

I'm poohed off cos I cant go to the loo but I've a dress i WILL get into and i dont want to be quitter.

Next week I am going to exercise, been lazy this week and I know I should have got off my fat arse but I didnt.. haha.

This new lifestyle is hard BUT losing the weight is a choice, not a prison sentence.

2Lb is fantastic, pick up a bag of sugar and just think your hard work has seen that go down the pan!!

I hope you feel a bit better now, am jealous of your loss but I will get there cos eating the way I have since jan is SOOOOO different to how i used to be my body will have to shed the pounds!

big hugs

julie x

hey billie :) thats deffo the spirit , n i hope you can go to the loo soon too , try fibre foods maybe weatabix for breakie??.. :)

good luck hun x

I'm all out for a pooh today... believe me.

Shredded wheat this morning, bruchetta lunch and ive just had a huge plate of asparagus with prawns.

Delish

xx

stick at it hun, u have done so much already, yeah i have had a huge loss in 4 days, but then i am literally starting out, as in not just the pills being new to me, but the no to anything that i like and exercise.

Big hugs to u

Awwww Im sorry youre so down :( BUT 2.2lbs is a great loss. If you werent taking Xenical would you be happy with that???

Dont fall for the hype - Xenical isnt as you know a miracle pill its just an aid. Believe me, Ive been where you are and been disappointed *HUGS*

If you lose 2lbs next week and feel disappointed Id pack them in. So much of the success of dieting is a mindset thing. 2lbs a week is GREAT and you need to see that, if Xenical are making you see that as a failure theyre more of a hindrance than a help xx

One of the reasons I feel that you haven't had a massive weight loss is because prior to starting the tabs, you had already lost 20+ lbs on WW.
As has been said, we're not all the same, we dont all have big losses every week, and every now and again our bodies are going to *rebel* against us ( how helpful of them eh?? :rolleyes:)
Xenical or not, you ARE losing weight, and even if you stop the tabs, but still continue with a low fat diet, you WILL still lose weight.
I know that when it doesn't happen as quick as we think it should, it can be disheartening, but please don't think you are failing at this because quite simply you are not.
xxx

Don't feel down you have made good weight loss - i know how hard it is i've been on diets for 20 years and nothing has worked for me (not long term anyway). My husband went on xenical and was having good weight loss so my gp put me on them - on the same food over the same period i lost 3lb and my husband lost 2 and half stone!!!! In all he has now lost 9 and a half stone and wants to lose another 2 stone but it has been over 12 months and he exercises everyday for an hour. So keep going and you will get there and don't forget you are a success anyway you have lost weight. Take care

Big hugs & thanks to all for your replies :gen126:

I am over my little temper tantrum, I just think I am hormonal at the moment and it was such a hard decision for me to stop feeding my LO that a small loss made me doubt myself - Not sure this makes sense to anyone else?

I do realise that any loss is a good thing, and that I should be pleased with my progress so far.

I was losing 1-2lbs a week when I was dieting before which is the sensible way to do it. Slowly and steadily off is more likely to mean it will stay off :)

Lots of luck to you all for the coming week Xxxxxxxxxx

Don't be disheartened hun, you are making a positive change for you and your families future. Try to remember why you went on xenical in the first place.

I know you have lost lots with w.w. however that had come to a stop hence you starting the xenical so the fact that you have started to loose again is v.good.:happy036:

Some weeks I lose more than others and some none, my w.w. leader told us that your body likes to hang onto the fat so it's like your in competition with your bod to shift it. This is why the losses can vary so much even when not really doing anything different. I did loose lots my 1st week but that was because I started my eating better and the xenical together.

I think you should give it more time before you make a decision.

Also as someone suggested, take your measurements and then re-measure on a 4 weekly basis. I was more impressed with my inch loss than the Ibs.

Hope you are feeling more positive today. xx

Thanks Michele x

I am feeling more positive as everything you have all said is right and I know that x

@ Kiira...Bless ya cottons :heartpump: Xxx

Back