Feel like I would be rejected even from the knackers yard

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
I do not believe it, I went to the doctors yesterday as I have had horrid cough with this swine flu, and talk about feeling like a lepore! Was shown into my own room out of the way of other patients (very sensible), doctor came straight away wearing a mask (hysterical) told me I still had swine flu and bronchitis as well now. Was shown out of back door of surgery (not fit to be seen in public now obviously) and told to go straight home and stay there. Should I put a black cross on my front door and walk with a bell ringing before me I wonder lol. I feel so rough I think even the glue factory would reject me as substandard. Anyway, if any of you think you may be suffering from swine flu, please take it seriously as it really is horrid to have and makes you feel so poorly. So, that's my excuse at the moment for not sticking to plan AGAIN!, well its not that I am not sticking to it, I just don't want to eat anything at all which I think can be just as damaging. I am not even going to bother worrying about it cos I haven't got the energy at the moment, so not adding any pressure to myself. Do you ever get the feeling you are in a very long tunnel and the end is not in sight? I think I have maintenance men adding an extension to my tunnel daily and I'm never going to find the way out lol.
Any how, I hope you are all doing good on your plans and Judi, I really hope you have rectified your little blip from last week and are back on track.
I am sooo far behind in reading posts I don't think I will catch up with whats going on, so if I haven't replied to something I do apologise.
Going to have a quick look round boards now and then back to bed with hot lemon and honey and a mountain of pills.

Love to you all and take care. Carolyne xxx

Awww, poor you :-( I hope you get well soon hun. xxx

Awww, hope you start to feel stronger soon. I had a mild case of SF and felt dreadful (it really isn't a laughing matter is it?) so sympathise

L x

Oh no :(
Get well soon (((hugs)))

Oh Huney! Sends healing vibes :vibes:I'm sorry you feel so lousy. Keep well wrapped up, drink plenty of fluid and concentrate on getting yourself better. And even in your crisis you think of me! What a good friend you are :hug99: Don't worry about me, I'm fine! I just want you to get better. But sorry your description of you treatment did make me laugh. See, even now you haven't lost your sense of humour! Get well! That's an order!

Oh Carolyne, you have had a rough time of it love - I am sending you lot's of ))))))hugs(((((( and best wishes for a speedy recovery, take care my dear, thibking if you, love, Donnie X

Thinking of you hun. xx

They take this SF very seriously, in my surgery they have removed all of the magazines (and replaced them with anti bac gel???) as there is a risk of catching it from reading them. I'm not sure I quite get that...

anyway, I do hope you feel much better soon hun., xx

Aww hunny! i am so pleased i havnt had it yet, but i know its proberly just a matter of time! i really hope not :(

*hugs* stay strong, and like you said, dw about the plan, your health comes first and you dont need the extra pressure right now!

get better soon gorgeous x

Sorry to hear you're feeling so rough, hon. Just take it one day at a time, you'll get over it soon and it'll just be a memory.

Unfortunately I think they have to be extremely careful in GPs surgeries at the moment, because of the risk to vulnerable groups - babies/children, old people and asthmatics, who are all likely to be in the waiting room on any given day. Swine flu can be (and has been) fatal to these groups, so it's no wonder they're being slightly paranoid in surgeries and hospitals atm.

Poor you.
I know that we must seem a little over the top with our precautions at hosps and surgeries but we just want to try to limit the spread.
I really hope you are feeling a lot better by the time you read this. Do keep drinking even if you dont eat you need fluids to keep you going! I wouldn't even try to diet though!
Take care and keep yourself warm, try echinacia also vit c with zinc to help with the bronchitus! Thats bad enough on its own.
SB

Boooo! You may be under the weather, but you've still got your sense of humour - your post really made me chuckle!! :D

Sorry you're so poorly and I send you muchos get well soon vibes. You're definitely excused from not eating the SW way. Do what you need to to get better, then worry about it when you are feeling better.

Take care

x

I was treated EXACTLY the same when i had it only i didn't go in as my doctors is full of old people and i didn't want um to catch it but when i phoned up they were so horrible to me and i just wanted to cry infact i did.

get well soon i now how your feeling and i hope you have a speedy recovery xxx

hiya charlotte dont worry about the plan just concentrate on getting better, i know what u mean about feeling like a leper, every time i coughed when i had swine flu my family moved slightly away from me on the sofa. i too went to the doctors but they were sympathetic with me your doctors sound like they need to learn better bedside manners separating you from the 'public' indeed!

I really do hope you feel better soon,i've had a virus that hung around for a couple of weeks and that was bad enough!!

AS for painting the black cross on your door...well you dont sound well enough to be painting hun!!!

Back