feel like i'm getting nowhere fast

Trash

Still fighting
I had a 2lb gain at WI this morning :cry:

So I went through my weight loss records and in the last 12 weeks I have lost just a measly 3lb's average! Thats real rubbish and set me on a real downer! I know xmas was in between that but I only gained 2lb's over the 2 weeks of xmas!

Don't know where I'm going wrong - I'm measuring my foods and checkin portion sizes.
I'm drinking my 2.5 litres of water.

I'm sticking to my 20 points a day and on odd occasion I go over (only ever 3-4 points) I always make a concious effort to adjust it the following day.

I don't know where to go from here. My weight loss in first 3 months was around avg of 2lb's per week then I plataued for about 5 weeks chasing the same pound i.e. losing it one week only to put it back on the next.

Can anyone offer any other advise as I'm losing faith here :confused:

Really making me wanna just pig out big style and say blow it! or get pi**ed!

x

Are you keeping active? Exercising? This might help it along some...

hey Trace, have you considered trying a Core week? might be what your body needs to jumpstart itself again.. xx

Hi yes I'm doing 2 aerobics classes a week and walking about 6 miles two times a week! Have just signed up to gym also but don't start that for 2 weeks.

Also you may have reached a plateau thingy...everyone tends to reach it at certain weights...not sure if you should up or down your calories to get out of it...maybe downing them one day and then upping them a couple of days a week might fool your body into changing your metabolism slightly...

no not at all - Core you focus on 3 meals per day - you have a set list of foods you can eat freely within your meals, fruit and vegetables are the only thing you can snack on outside of meal times, and you have 21 points per week for things like bread, chocolate.. whatever you might want else to go with your meals :)

Core foods are pretty much anything that is unprocessed - fruit, veg, pasta, rice, potatos, lean cuts of meat.. you can have as much as you like (but you should stop when you feel full) as long as its within one of your 3 mealtimes.

Also you may have reached a plateau thingy...everyone tends to reach it at certain weights...not sure if you should up or down your calories to get out of it...maybe downing them one day and then upping them a couple of days a week might fool your body into changing your metabolism slightly...

Hmmm yeah that sounds like good idea - was gonna do the wendi plan which is much the same i.e u have Super High day and super low day and inbetween regulate your points so u don't go over your weekly one's - might just try it and see if it helps ;o) thanks x

no not at all - Core you focus on 3 meals per day - you have a set list of foods you can eat freely within your meals, fruit and vegetables are the only thing you can snack on outside of meal times, and you have 21 points per week for things like bread, chocolate.. whatever you might want else to go with your meals :)

Core foods are pretty much anything that is unprocessed - fruit, veg, pasta, rice, potatos, lean cuts of meat.. you can have as much as you like (but you should stop when you feel full) as long as its within one of your 3 mealtimes.
Hey anything is worth a try - this week gonna try the wendi plan me thinks and see how that goes and if that don't sort it then gonna try a core week after I've googled it and found some good meal choices .....cheers hun x

After reading your opening post Tracey ive just looked back 12 wks and if its any consolation i have only lost 5lb!!!so not much different to you.

I have a list of the core foods i will try and send it to you via email!!!LOL remember the last time i tried sending you something...PMSL.
Have you got a WW pedometer,maybe worth wearing one as it converts to bonus points too(i dont use mine though).

My friend used to do core and lost loads but has gained ev wk since doing the points(discovery plan)so she has gone back to core plan this week.
xx

Have you been taking your measurements?? I would think that if you're doing a lot of exercise then you might be gaining muscle - in which case you'll be shrinking but it won't show up on the scales.

The Core plan might be an idea, as already suggested, but failing that (and this is what I think I would probably do, even if it's not 'official' advise) how about dropping your points by just 1 a day?? I know that when I get down under 11st I tend to have to drop 1 more point that recommended because the weight just doesn't come off otherwise (I can just about remember being under 11st, if I really really put my mind to it, haha). Might be worth a try, even if it's just for a week, to see if it works - thats assuming you'd rather stick with Points than try Core.

Everyone is different and the points for one person won't necessarily be right for the next person. But that is just my opinion - which probably isn't worth much with my weight gain over the last 18 months :eek:. Just thought I'd share my thoughts anyway :p

Hi Marie
Thanks for that do you know I wondered if I needed to adjust my points as weight was coming off marvelously until i dropped my last point when getting into the 12st bracket then thats when it all stopped....hmmmm:confused: Brain cogs are whirring here.
Thanku very much for your idea :)
x

After reading your opening post Tracey ive just looked back 12 wks and if its any consolation i have only lost 5lb!!!so not much different to you.

I have a list of the core foods i will try and send it to you via email!!!LOL remember the last time i tried sending you something...PMSL.
Have you got a WW pedometer,maybe worth wearing one as it converts to bonus points too(i dont use mine though).

My friend used to do core and lost loads but has gained ev wk since doing the points(discovery plan)so she has gone back to core plan this week.
xx

Hiya
That would be fab if you could email me that hun, and yes I remember are email fiasco but hey we tried :D

Pedometre sounds good idea too especially if it converts steps to bonus points!

I'm sorry you are feeling down, there's nothing worse than putting the effort in and not feeling like you are getting back...Remember that you have done excellently and over the last month you haven't averaged a gain - which is always a great thing :)
I suggest, like Marie did, to take measurements...so often when you do start excercising more the results showin inches rather than pounds - which is hard when the diet is based around a weekly weigh in!

x

The last 12 weeks does include Xmas of course so many of us won't have covered ourselves in glory in that time frame.

Wendi plan is worth trying to see if it knocks you off your plateau x

Back