Feel like such a pig - on a bit of a down :-(

Daisyboo

Have an insatiable sweet tooth today - have munched my way through a mini chocolate brownie, a bag of Scottish Slimmers mini choc chip cookies and 5 M&S percy pigs so far. I think (?!?) that is a total of 16 syns - and its only day 1 (weigh in is on Monday so Tuesday is day 1 of week). I don't even feel good for eating them - feel really sick and icky now.

I have my leaving lunch at work tomorrow so was wanting to save up some syns for that but looks like I'll be watching the syns after all :(

I thought I had been so good this week - I had saved up a spare 20 syns for going to my friends house on Saturday for dinner - passed the wine and stuck to bacardi & diet coke and only had 2 chocolates. And although Sunday I did splurge a little I thought I would have had lost half a pound or even STS - but I put on a pound :cry:I know "its only a pound" but now I just feel like there is no way I am going to reach my target for the holidays - I still have 12lb to lose in 10 weeks plus the Xmas holidays and we have family coming to visit so it is going to be virtually impossible to avoid the extra calories.

I was feeling like I was doing so well too - even fitted into a brand new pair of size 14 jeans on Saturday and DH was saying how great I was looking over the weekend - and feel like I have totally blown in now :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry for the self-indulgent rant - just feeling really down today

Put it all behind you. I know it is disappointing to put even a pound on but remember the 1/2 stone that you have already lost. You are not going to put all that back for having 1 day of indulging your sweet tooth.
Set yourself a flexible syn amount for your lunch tomorrow, so you can enjoy it without going too mad.
For the rest of the week and remember you will still have 5 days before your next weigh in, to try and lessen the damage.
What ever you do don't stress about it you are human, draw a line and start again.
Good Luck x

12lbs in 10 weeks is still acceptable. Is it possible to up your exercise any to compensate for the coming calories? Just walking an extra bit every few days will help enormously if you can't do it every day. Can you drag OH out after dinner in the evening for a short walk? I always like it more coming up to Xmas cause it's dark, cold & everyone's putting lights up. Seems cosy somehow, then get in and warm up with a cuppa/skinny hot chocolate!

I have my Wii Fit so trying to do the basic 17 minute training on that every day - has to help at least a tiny bit!

Thanks for your encouragement - just having one of those days

x

Hi, I know how you feel, I can have the worst sweet tooth at times and it's insatiable, especially when I'm down or it's star week.

These ideas have helped me;
- I find that if I empty the cupboards of all the high syn foods it helps, as there is nothing to eat, also eating more fruit helps. It helps to make it so you have to go out your way to get your treat even if it's counted within your syns. so you have to go out to shops just to get your fat free cookies etc... so your not tempted to eat the whole box, just because it's in your cupboards. Also, maybe when you have a sweet tooth get out one of the SW recipes, I recently made the mississippi mud pie from the comfort foods book, soooo nice and chocolatey and within syns and if your like me I lose my apetite after I cook something from scratch...it's very strange lol. Maybe when you have these craving try eating some comfort carbs it can help for a sweet tooth sometimes or for me a big pint of sweet tea/coffee can help.

But otherwise like sparkeylarkey said draw a line under it. Remember that this is a lifestyle change, not a strict diet and you will not be 100 % all the time, it's impossible, but as long as you carry on afterward and don't give up at a hurdle you have halved the battle.

Sooo just get up, remember why your doing it, make realistic goals so as to not get dissapointed and remember to enjoy life and enjoy food just in moderation.

sorry for rambling
...all the best
zara xx :)

a mini chocolate brownie
a bag of Scottish Slimmers mini choc chip cookies
5 M&S percy pigs

Now, that isn't much of a list for someonw with a sweet tooth, so I'm pretty sure that pre-SW your list would have been (a) a lot longer (b) happen fairly frequently.

SO -- have you really 'blown it'? NO! You're still moderating your eating as per the plan. Maybe you didn't stick to your plan for today, but this is LIFE! Things happen. The only way this will mean defeat for you is if you do that typical slimmer thing and throw the baby out with the bathwater. The rest of the week can be fine. You're syns weren't completely unreasonable. You can do this.

I'm finding pinapple realy helps at the moment as it seems really sweet just now. And is superfree! Mmmm.

x

Lovely, I know a gain is disheartening but it was only a pound. You can easily rectify that and possibly lose double that if you put your bad episode behind you and start a new. Act like it hasn't happened and tomorrow is a new day :)

I gained 1.5lb few weeks back and I was so annoyed with myself but it has motivated me to pick myself up and avoid gins in the future. You've done so well so far, so no reason you can't get to target. Just take it 1 day at a time.

Hayley (still working towards her first half a stone ;)
xxx

We all have bad days, thats life. Try and remember that sugar feeds on sugar so once you have something sweetened it usually leads to more cravings of the same. Next time you have a sweet tooth day, try naturaly sweetened foods like apples and bananas, yeah I know not the same impact as chocolate, but it will level out your sugar levels much better and you won't get the highs and lows, so won't need more chocolate when the low comes later. To that end, you won't have the guilt feelings and be concerned about your weigh in. It's a learning curve on what works best for you without makeing you feel down.

sounds like you are giving your self to much pressure, at least on a positive you chosen SW friendly stuff - i put it behind you, move on and learn from it (will all muck up at times it is part of the journey).

hey hey calm down - not really all that much to worry about here. Also remember this is a learning experience and I am sure that others will agree that mistakes = better learning points than perfect right first time attempts. Chill out dont preasure yourself your doing fine - after all new jeans and compliments from DH - what more could a gal want?

Back