Feel like thats it - I can't loose anymore

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Because although i'm trying its just not coming off.

I over endulged over Xmas and was lucky to only gain 1lb but I don't regret one bit of it, in fact In my head I thought the first week back on s off would mean a great result but i've so far stayed the same and then this week I lost 1/2 pound.

I can see the finish line, i've got 1stone to go but why aren't I seeing the numbers go down like they did last year - I used to see losses of 1-2.5lb per week.

I tried changing the plan from EE to Red but that resulted in my sts week. I'm too scared of doing Green so i'm usually on EE. I try to have minimum 5 but max 10 syns.

Anyone else felt a bit like this and got over it??:cry:

Hi Lucy, I read your experimental thread, sorry if I'm wrong, but did you stick to red 100%
Exercise?
If you have done both of above for a while, speak to C?
I've detoxed to get my weight moving, but it isn't Sw and a lot of people probably think it isn't sustainable, each to their own!

Don't give up :) x

I did but it was my bday and so I went over syns so deserved to STS, It's more the 1/2lb on EE I didn't understand, and yes I started exercising after a few weeks off so that could only help.

Perhaps I need to drink more water, i'm just down today I think.

x-x

Hi Lucy

I sts for months last summer too, so I just lived with it and maintained for a while, then it suddenly started to go again.
I agree with upping exercise and changing things around a bit, but I also think out bodies just hang on to some flubber because it is the natural thing to do
Don't be downhearted. Come join us on the really slow losers thread :)

Look to your free foods. Are you eating the same amount you were at the start? Be honest about whether you are perhaps eating too much. Are you having enough superfree? You could try a success express week and see how that goes. Also exercise would be good if you are not already doing it, just remember to drink loads of water.

It's like EE but you need to have 2/3 superfree so it helps to reduce free food portion sizes. There are a few threads about it on the go at the moment so I would take a look at them

I found that in my last stone or so, I had a lot of STS's and small gains that I felt were undeserved. I think part of that was my body acclimatising, because I'd lost a good percentage of my previous body weight. Maybe that's the case?

Try changing the types of foods you eat and if your cutting back maybe you aren't eating enough (if your body thinks you are cutting back it holds on to it just in case)
Hang on in there - i had a month of this, then suddenly i started loosing again so i'm surely it'll sort x

Try changing the types of foods you eat and if your cutting back maybe you aren't eating enough (if your body thinks you are cutting back it holds on to it just in case)
Hang on in there - i had a month of this, then suddenly i started loosing again so i'm surely it'll sort x

I've often thought about 'changing the type of foods I eat' but i would have no idea where to start - I don't eat b/f, I only graze on fruit until lunchtime, then its either homemade soup (all free and sf) or I use my HEB and have a sandwich but thats only if i've run out of soup.

I only get 1/2hr for lunch as I finish early and I really enjoy the soup - I'd rather keep my HEB for 2 x Alpen's/Hi Fi Light.

My tea's probably are quite similar every week -
We have a roast dinner 2 times a week,
E. lean mince once or even twice (I love it) so chiili/bolognaise,lasagne or mousakka.
Maybe chicken/salmon salad at the weekends or steak for a change. Loads of SW chips in the actifry.

I seem to spend a fortune on food but I have no idea where it all goes!!!

I think sometimes that there can be a bit of a 'lag' when it comes to overindulging. Over Christmas week and the week after i had a few too many syns and STS, I then lost 1/2lb for the following two weeks (the first two weeks in Jan). I have lost 1.5lbs this week and feel like it has taken my body an extra 2 weeks to sort itself out after the chrimbo indulgence.

Hi there, I've found better losses in the last few weeks when I've drunk a couple of cups of green tea a day.
Might be worth a try x

This is my third time doing SW & the first & second I went to classes & couldn't get passed losing more than 21lbs. Unfortunately my C's were no help, they blamed exercise even though I only did 2hrs a week & in the long run exercise helps weightloss. I just make sure I go back to basics, I weigh all my HEX's & check all Syn values before eating. I mix up my meals, so try new meals & breakfasts, I have the same breakfast everyday & its easy for your body to get stuck in a rut. You could also try the speed food soup (I'm eating it right now & it's lovely).

I'm having the same too, have more or less STS same since September, pound on pound off, half on half off,

only 7 lb to target so will keep going, have started to exercise now to see if that'll help, like the green tea idea though, maybe will start that to see if it helps,

might just have a look at the slow losers thread too....

keep going, we will get there xx

Don't be scared of Green days- I have done the Green plan for 5 months and have lost nearly 3 stone!

I think its how I eat on it in comparison to the EE and Red:

On EE I have the 1/3 SuperFree

On RED my meals would normally be chicken/salmon salad, Roast dinner with veg and stump to replace the mash.

On Green I just seem to abuse it maybe and have Chips Eggs and Beans, Jacket Potato with Pasta and sauce, Batchelors rice, packet cous cous for lunch maybe...so its not just the carbs but laso the processed food that I eat.

I know I shouldn't be scared of the plan but i'm scared of me - Unless I worked out a good plan I just don't see it working for me.

I think you should forget about the weight and go with the measurements.
Exercise does not help everyone lose weight, it always stalls mine.

And you can retrain yourself to eat breakfast, it'll get your metabolism started earlier...earlier means more fat burning hours.

Shirleen said:
I think you should forget about the weight and go with the measurements.
Exercise does not help everyone lose weight, it always stalls mine.

And you can retrain yourself to eat breakfast, it'll get your metabolism started earlier...earlier means more fat burning hours.

Funny you say that as I took them again today and your right, the measurements do mean the most to me especially when they are going in the right direction. X

Back