Feel queasy and unwell and felt the need to eat to feel a bit better

Seaneen

Short and pink
So I went to the chippy and got chicken breast with salad. Should be okay, amirite?

Bit worried cos the chicken is fried. I've just felt ill all day and felt I needed something.

Last edited:
hey you be ok, should still be in ketosis, its not the calories that matter its what we eat... if you get me.. to stay in ketosis, meat is fine!! so is oil etc all alowed on atkins..

hope you feel better soon.....

xx

I now keep a packet of lean ham in the fridge for emergencies such as this...unless it's already gone in the boys' sarnies!
Just check the chicken's not in any batter/breadcrumbs etc..., although if you are very ketotic (dark purple strips) then a few breadcrumbs won't knock you too far out of ketosis.
Hang in there. You made a good choice under the circumstances - it's very hard when we're feeling hungry and a bit woosy.
Take care
x

If the chicken was fried I would imagine you would be out of ketosis. Chicken is fine on the 810 plan, but only if it's plain grilled and doesn't exceed the amount recommended in the Weight Care with Cambridge booklet (calories do count!). Salad has to comprise of what's stated in the books too and shouldn't include tomatoes/onions etc. as they contain carbs.

Although Atkins is a ketogenic diet, it is very different from Cambridge and shouldn't be used as a comparison.

The only other thing may be that you need some water? I find that if I have a shake, sit down to slowly and consciously drink it (how often do we bolt it down whilst doing so many other things!) and drink a litre of water, it really makes a difference. The hunger and queasy-feeling goes away...I find anyway...
Hope this helps!
xx

although if you are very ketotic (dark purple strips) then a few breadcrumbs won't knock you too far out of ketosis.

Dark purple means you are dehydrated. You should not really be more than mildely ketotic. If you are reading dark purple sticks you should increase your water intake xxx

summer sorry but i must dissagree... if its fryed it will not knock you out of ketosis!! fryed foods are allowed on atkins actually that supposed to be good for the atkins
(gross). but it will not knock you out of ketosis..!!

and i not comparing this diet with atkins, just comparing foods that will not knock you out of ketosis..

Good point!
x

summer sorry but i must dissagree... if its fryed it will not knock you out of ketosis!! fryed foods are allowed on atkins actually that supposed to be good for the atkins

and i not comparing this diet with atkins, just comparing foods that will not knock you out of ketosis..

Cambridge is designed to keep you in a very mild ketotic state tho hun xxx

I'm sorry Amethyst, but they are very different diets. Oil isn't permitted on Cambridge which is why fried foods are not recommended on any Cambridge program.

i know i know... i was just pointing out that oil wont knock you out of ketosis.. :)

It takes a hell of a lot to knock me out of ketosis. I don't know why but i have a high carbohydrate threshold.

It was the fat I was worried about, really, but to be honest, I'm not going to bother torturing myself. I have been ill for days and been totally straight, and tonight, I needed something to eat. I listen to my body if it really needs food.

The fat probably wont knock you out of ketosis, but if the chicken was coated and fried in fat it might...

chicken fried in oil will not kick you out of ketosis...

i know CD and atkins are based on different concepts, ie one vlcd and one lifestyle change.

but ketosis is ketosis and the way to get into ketosis and be kicked out remain the same regardless of the diet.

just drink some water and the queasy feeling may just be the shock to your system after following a vlcd and little fat intake. on the atkins fat is fine so it wouldnt make you queasy if you were on this diet so fat/oil is not a bad thing it is just not appropriate on this diet.

soooo dont worry about what you ate, unless there were sweetcorn/onion etc in salad or breadcrumbs then you should be in ketosis still.

chill out hun xxxx

Well im defo out of ketosis with what i eat this weekend ahh!!

Back