feel silly re-joining

Applepie

Hi, I have been a member of sw quite a few times and several times at one group in particular. This group is the one nearest to me and on a night that fits in, but i feel so stupid going back, especially as the last couple of times i only lasted a week or 2. I've tried on my own but i just can't do it. The reason i only lasted 2 weeks last time was because by the 3rd week i still hadn't lost weight and was embaressed in front of the others as even though i had stuck to plan, I'm sure they thought I hadn't or was doing it wrong. I had great success with sw a few years back so I know it does work but I don't know what to do now. She must see me walk in and think "I wonder how long this will last??

Did you keep a food diary so the consultant could tell you if you were doing something wrong somewhere?
I am positive you are not the only one, I have been on and off sw for 4 years now, and 5 different classes!!

Maybe you could go this time and show them you can do it! For your consultant the more people that walk through the door is more money for her business and if you are struggling and leaving that is not a good reflection on her.The rest of the group are there for the same reason so really shouldn't judge (although people often do thats their problem!).
At the end of the day you say you need the support of a group to do this and you want to do it so go on go for it! and you can also get support from everyone on here! :)

Hi Applepie, Feeling silly rejoining?!
Look at it this way - the leader may be very happy and caring quite sincerely but at the end of the day it's a business!! The more the merrier and the more money!

Sorry if I sound very gloomy but thinking of it that way will help you to see that they are only too pleased to see you go back....:D

So how is the diet going this time?
Are you going to start up your own diary so we can keep an eye on you?
Hope you will be posting regularly so we can give you the support you obviously need.

Take care....:)

Thanks for your reply. Yes i did do a food diary and the consultant said it was fine. I've tried other diets but i really liked sw and just don't know why i couldn't lose. I think if I had given it a couple more weeks it may have started to come off but i was so demotivated, i didn't manage it.

Applepie,

I'm a rejoiner too: 11 days in. I don't do group as they don't fit in with my shifts (I'm an online member). The important thing for you is it's not about what others think. It's not about what you're consultant thinks of you re-joining or about what other members think of your progress: it's about you. Don't diet for anyone else or around anyone else's opinions. I've finally realised this time around that unless I am 100% doing it for me and me alone it won't work. If you want to lose weight, and you want to go to group then do it for yourself. your the most important person in your life :)

Don't feel silly, you've got back on the horse. It took me a while to get going this time, but now the weight is coming off nice and steadily. I think the support of this forum will be a fabulous boost and motivation. Take full advantage of everything on offer, try new recipes, keep active and give it your best shot! After all were all here for the very same reason and no one is perfect. Good luck :) x

Applepie I feel exactly the same as you, but everyone has given good advice, its just the thought of walking through that door and you feel like everyone is looking at you thinking "failure" which i know is silly really, it makes it worse that I go on my own as I have noone to go with. I would try doing it on my own but some how just going to class almost kick starts my head into "diet mode". Online is soooo expensive!
How much do you have to loose?

Trust me - you are not the only person to have joined and re-joined several times. I'm sure the consultant would prefer you to do this rather than give up completely. And remember you need to follow a diet plan for at least a month before you can decide if it is successful or not. Actually Sw will give you a refund if you do not lose weight during the first four weeks as long as you have your food diaries to prove that you have been on plan. So you really have nothing to lose except for the weight! And post your food diaries on here as this will help keep you on track.

Thank you all for all the advice.
I hadn't really thought of it like that - You're right, the fact is the consultant will make it her aim to keep me going and no matter what her motivation is to keep me there, we'll both be winners if i keep it up.
The class is on Thursday night so I'm going to re-join, I have around 5 stones to lose. I found an old book from when I joined this time last year and I am about 1.5 stones heavier than then so all this messing about I'm just getting heavier and heavier.
Thats a whole year wasted and if I stuck it out only 2 or 3 more weeks to get some weight loss started, I could have been well on my way.
No point dwelling on that now, what good will that do?
I love this site and I'm going to have a good look around it now and get some ideas.
I will join on Thursday and although I'm not starting today as its my son's birthday and will be having cake etc, I think I'll make a start tomorrow to get myself back into it ready for Thursday.
I think a diary on here is a good idea too, you can never have too much advice from people who know this plan inside out and it all helps.
Thank so much to you all, you have made me look at it from a totally different angle and now I wonder what i was so worried about! xx

I found an old book from when I joined this time last year and I am about 1.5 stones heavier than then so all this messing about I'm just getting heavier and heavier.
Thats a whole year wasted and if I stuck it out only 2 or 3 more weeks to get some weight loss started, I could have been well on my way.

I wrote about this exact thing in my diary last week. I put on weight in the year after my brother died and have used that as an excuse ever since. If I'd spent the past six years dieting instead of wheeling out excuses I'd have only needed to lose 2 and half OUNCES per week to reach target!

So, positive steps forward. if you re-join on Thursday then you will lose weight. It may be slow, there may be a blip along the way but the support on here is immense.

I started a diary to share my daily thoughts/feelings too which is a great help - I hate unfinished business so now I know I have to reach target or there's no end to the story.

Zoe

Applepie I feel exactly the same as you, but everyone has given good advice, its just the thought of walking through that door and you feel like everyone is looking at you thinking "failure" . . .

No-one will be looking at you or thinking you are a failure. They are there to think about themselves, not you. And if anyone does notice you I bet they will be pleased to see you.

The consultant will certainly be pleased to have you back. Consultants that I know are delighted when people come back - and not just for the money either!

I was with a consultant friend of mine out shopping the other day and she spotted an ex-member in the distance, and she said "Oh I do wish she would come back, I know I could help her".

Most people are re-joiners. My consultant always asks new members if they have done sw before and about 90% of them say yes

Hi Jessie, I'm glad my post has helped you, good for you rejoining on Tuesday, let us know how you get on.
Regfield, your consultant friend sounds nice, it nice to know that they really do genuinely want to help people.
Thank you
Good luck for Tuesday Jessie!

. . .

Regfield, your consultant friend sounds nice, it nice to know that they really do genuinely want to help people.
. . .

Well, in my experience they do. I have seen people on this forum say things to the effect that "they are only in it for the money" but to be honest I don't think that is always true. One of my consultant friends says that she could probably make more part-time on the tills at Tesco! Consultants really do want their members to do well and get a real kick out of their successes. The one I mentioned in the previous post often says to me if we are out shopping in her town - see him over there, he lost 5 stone; see her, she is doing really well.

I know how you feel about rejoining over and over, its always a bit daunting. I'm rejoining this evening, kind of hoping that after 6 months she's forgotten who i am! Having said that i rejoined another group lots of times and was always welcomed back with a smile. Good luck x

When i went to WI last week, there was a different lady doing the weighing... and she said, do i know you... and yes, we worked out that I used to go to her class about 10 years ago!! It was lovely catching up - she was like an old friend.

I don't feel embarrased about re-joining - and my god, i've done some re-joining over the years...

Consultants need us as much as we need them...

Lx

Thanks for this, ive just posted the very same question ( i should have looked proper) I feel really silly but will rejoin 2morrow
I often wonder about whether you have to talk in class, i hate this part even well ive done really well. In fact sometimes this is the reason i dont stay. Anyone else feel like this? good luck x

Back