Feel so let down by cambridge :-(

Sian744

Hi all

really upset .....as i feel so let down by Cambridge etc

Probably in all fairness it's not their fault but my councellers for leaving things to the last min....

Basically i am having a tummy tuck in 10 days and up til now was on SS, i mentioned to my counceller this morning that should i be on SS just before op....and she said i don't know- let me ring head office. Baring in mind she has known for months i was having this op in feb- so why didnt she call months ago????? :mad::sigh:

HO told her no- and not to give me any more products and i have to stay off Cambridge products totally for 3 months after too. :cry::cry::sigh::sigh:

I am really upset as i don't know what to do...been left in the lurch with no support or planning for doing maintenance or anything.

i did ring Cambridge and complain and they agreed my counceller was at fault..... but i feel so lost now......

the CD was my safety net and i knew i couldn't go too far wrong esp doing SS- now to be told sorry you can't have our products at all.

i can follow thier 1500c diet using normal low carb foods...but tbh i don't have a clue.

Sian xx

Hugs Sian. I know you feel let down, but your safety during and after the operation is what is important. Have you been seeing your CDC weekly whilst on the diet? Im not a CDC so not qualified to advise you, but I think she should have advised you to start working up the steps a couple of weeks ago to bring you out of ketosis. I think you need to be out of ketosis before the op, so dont restrict your carbs too low.

Hopefully a CDC will be along soon to give you some proper advise.

Last edited:
hiya wanna

i had been seeing her weekly, yes...... and yes i do know it's for my best but to leave me at the last stand AND at the last minute is more what i am upset about..... more of a shock too as wasn't expecting it.

Sian xx

Aww darling!

Seperately though, i dont think SSing is allowed after a tummy tuck??? Icemoose is good one to ask on this, seeing as he's a CDC and had one himself!

Good luck with it, hope you feel better soon xxxx

Cambridge are starting to audit the CDC's this year - to make sure that they are all up-to-spec.

This sort of thing shouldn't happen.

You cannot do a VLCD two weeks prior to any surgery, even minor surgery, and for 3 months afterwards.

Aww darling!

Seperately though, i dont think SSing is allowed after a tummy tuck??? Icemoose is good one to ask on this, seeing as he's a CDC and had one himself!

Good luck with it, hope you feel better soon xxxx

thanks for replies and support-it means alot to me.

.....how do i point ICEMOOSE in the direction of this thread? :)

Sian xx

Have done so for you.

Presumeably once you've had your tummy tuck you'll be at goal anyway?? You'll not need to SS anyway then will you??

Yes your CDC should have known you shouldn't have been on SS so close to an op - and should have found out via head office if she wasn't sure.

Good luck for op, hope all goes well.

Have done so for you.

Presumeably once you've had your tummy tuck you'll be at goal anyway?? You'll not need to SS anyway then will you??

Yes your CDC should have known you shouldn't have been on SS so close to an op - and should have found out via head office if she wasn't sure.

Good luck for op, hope all goes well.

that is true more or less but am worried about thw weight i put on inbetween due to total change of diet PLUS not being able to go to the gym

you guys really are great may i add....so so supportive....thankyou :grouphugg:

Sian xx

If you eat sensible calorie controlled low Gi meals, there is no reason for you to gain weight. Watch your carb intake and slowwly add that to your diet - but otherwise you should have no problem in keeping the weight off. After the op, you'll weigh less from skin taken away - and after whatever time they tell you to rest and recuperate, you should be able to resume gym work and continue a 1500cal diet during the weekend - woth lots of low Gi foods and then enjoy weekends!

Has your CDC offered any support??? I encourage clients who are at goal, or who decide to have a break to come back to me every 4-6weeks, just for a weigh in/measure and general chat. That way they can monitor how they are doing, and if gaining stop it before it becomes unmanageable.

My counceller has offered no support- she didnt say i could call her- i had to ask if i could see her in 6 weeks.... more or less to get water flavouring and to see how i am.

another reason why i feel so alone

thanks for reply x

Sian xx

change your councellor !!! well done for getting sooooooooooo far xx

Back