Feel the fear and do it anyway-has anyone read it and liked it??:)

Discussion in 'Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow' started by dietgirl24, 20 July 2011 Social URL.

1. dietgirl24

dietgirl24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    6st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(29.47%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Core/SW Red Days
    I'm reading "Feel the fear and do it anyway" by Susan Jeffers at the moment. It would be a good idea to start a support thread on it, on how everyone is doing with it! :)

As the title suggests, the book is about feeling your fear but doing it anyway, whatever that may be. Whether it is losing weight or doing a bungee jump, feel the fear and do it anyway. Don't let fear hold you back from who you're meant to be!!

Fear is normal, everyone experiences it, it's just how we handle it that counts!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep I read this book years ago, its amazing such a thoughtful book, everything makes so much more sense afterwards.

4. candyloss

candyloss Full Member

I've read it a while back and totally agree with its message but i forget to apply its advice. I think I read too many self help books but maybe somewhere someday theyre advice will sink in. I love reading them but not great for applying their words of wisdom.

5. Clarabow

Clarabow Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.72%)
    Diet:
    Still looking for the one !
    Haven't read it in ages. Good book one of my faves x Remember it helping to sort a great deal out for me xx

6. dietgirl24

dietgirl24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    6st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(29.47%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Core/SW Red Days
    Yep candyfloss-can totally relate to not applying the words of wisdom contained in the self-help books lol!!

I think the first chapter really summarises how to do it though. I intend to read the first chapter over and over again and keep applying it. Like it's not rocket science is it? But I just have to apply it in my everyday life!:)

I thought the first five chapters were good (the levels of fear 1-3, the fear truths, taking responsibility, affirmations, from pain to power/changing your words to more positive ones) and then I do the rest already (the other chapters were about being a positive thinker, being around other positive thinkers/having support network, your inner self, relationships I think?)

Last edited: 21 July 2011
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.