Feelin down, so much so I am sat here crying!

Please don't give up. We're all in this together.
You say 'only' 5lbs. Bet you wouldn't say that if the scales showed a gain of 5lbs!
Hope you feel better after all the kind words of the wise ladies on this forum. This is the first diet for years that I've stuck to for more than a few days and I know I wouldn't still be doing it if I hadn't found the members on this forum.
Tina x

This is my first week and I'm terrified at my first WI I won't have lost anything then throw in the towel so I think I know how you feel, but looking at your post, I think you've really done great and all those ladies are right - where would you have been if you hadn't started SW? With all the additional exercising you've been doing, I'm sure you're toning up - even if you don't notice it yet - muscle is denser and heavier than fat which may explain why you're not losing quite as fast as you'd like to (although I think its fantastic how much exercise you're putting in and that is going to really make a difference when you're at your ideal weight). Lastly, one thing that I'm sure of - drink water - up to two litres per day if you can manage it - I know on this plan they say that all drinks (not alcohol, sadly!) count, but nothing beats good old fashioned water to flush out your system and combat water retention - which can add loads to your weight. Be proud of how far you've done so far and keep at it, you're doing great!!

Reactions: Taz
Don't for one second doubt yourself, that is when you will start to feel like giving up.
I was having exactly the same experience as you and couldn't work out where i was going wrong but the fact of the matter was that the foods i was eating most weren't the best combo for me. I have since tried having more Extra Easy days and have found things are finally shifting...you just need to be patient, experiment and find YOUR right balance.
The other thing i would say is try not to weigh yourself on other scale as i have experienced differences of 3 to 4lb which can either work out really great or go the complete opposite way...if it means no weigh in for one week, so be it...what's the worst that can happen? ;)
If you are doing so much exercise make sure you are taking on plenty of water constant loo visits are tedious but hell, it's extra exercise!!!
Just remember to STAY POITIVE!!

i've been doin slimmin world for 12 months and i still only lose 1lb a week........maybe 2lb if i'm mega lucky........but hey i've lost 4st..and i'm still goin..........the way i look at it....took me years to get fat..........and its goin to take another yr to get to my goal weight.....this aint a race its the rest of your life....just stick at it....it will go..........good luck

hey you are on the right road and doing fab dont let a bad day ruin all your good work! Glad you are feeling more positive it really makes a difference!

Not sure if this will help you but the more you eat the more you lose! I know that sounds bizarre especially on a diet but with slimming world that seems to be the case. I am back on the wagon as of yesterday (did SW last year and lost over 3stone) i found trying to eat 5 speed foods each day really boosted my weight loss.
you could make a pot of soup and cover all 5 speed foods in one go!
hope this helps.
good luck
x

aw honey cant say anything that the others have not said but can offer you a big hug from wakefield babes

Back